Super Bowl Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Super Bowl Thread

Postby murphysxm » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:32 am

I am kind of surprised there has been no discussion of Kyle going for it on 4th and 3 on the 15 yard line down by 3 in the 4th quarter. I would think the "don't take points of the board' crowd would have been against the decision.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:43 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:32 am I am kind of surprised there has been no discussion of Kyle going for it on 4th and 3 on the 15 yard line down by 3 in the 4th quarter. I would think the "don't take points of the board' crowd would have been against the decision.
I thought of that at the time. Didn't want to start another few pages of discussion though. It was a gutsy call and it worked out well.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:52 am

murphysxm wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:32 am I am kind of surprised there has been no discussion of Kyle going for it on 4th and 3 on the 15 yard line down by 3 in the 4th quarter. I would think the "don't take points of the board' crowd would have been against the decision.
Pretty big difference for me when you are looking at being down three against Mahomes and being up 14 against Brock Purdy. I am generally all for being aggressive. It's one of the reasons I like Steichen for our Colts. Just not when you have all the momentum in the world on your side and one 4th down stop could flip that in an instant.

hingle
Captain
Captain

Postby hingle » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:56 am

CGW wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:18 pm They literally explained all of this during the broadcast. Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't mute these games.
I'm with you on this. I think they explained it several times that it was a new game and that both teams would have a possession to score. They also mentioned that the OT would just roll into a second quarter if the time ran out.
12 Team PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T)
QB: Jackson, Mayfield, Pickett
RB: Barkley, Taylor, N. Harris, L. Murray, Scott
WR: Jefferson, K.Allen, Higgins, Diggs, Chark, Atwell
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Mayer(R) Tremble
2024 Picks: 1.05, 3.05, 4.05/4.09

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:47 am

hingle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:56 am
CGW wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:18 pm They literally explained all of this during the broadcast. Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't mute these games.
I'm with you on this. I think they explained it several times that it was a new game and that both teams would have a possession to score. They also mentioned that the OT would just roll into a second quarter if the time ran out.
I heard about it being a new game and that both teams would have a possession. I missed the part about it rolling into another "quarter."

SuperBowls are generally watched in groups and I'd had a glass (bottle) of tequila. Easy to miss little details like that, especially as a newer rule. Sorry y'all, carry on!

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:49 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:47 am
I heard about it being a new game and that both teams would have a possession. I missed the part about it rolling into another "quarter."

SuperBowls are generally watched in groups and I'd had a glass (bottle) of tequila. Easy to miss little details like that, especially as a newer rule. Sorry y'all, carry on!
:lol:

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:54 am

commentators are generally dull boring fcuks always saying the same three things over and over.

i mute them and listen to music: some Morricone's western theme when the teams line up for a crucial 3rd down is magnificent and nothing those cnuts could say will ever get close to that.

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:59 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:43 am
I thought of that at the time. Didn't want to start another few pages of discussion though. It was a gutsy call and it worked out well.
It goes to show how much he trusts Purdy

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:18 am

You wrote a bad comment Mike. Saying sorry or loudly declaring bankruptcy can't help you here. :lol:

Actually, and not to detract from your bad comment, but what is new / good in Tequila these days?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:31 am

Paul717 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:18 am

You wrote a bad comment Mike. Saying sorry or loudly declaring bankruptcy can't help you here. :lol:

Actually, and not to detract from your bad comment, but what is new / good in Tequila these days?
Haha I know I know.
I'm no connoisseur, but I've been enjoying Dr. Stoner's as of late. Made for a fun Super Bowl

Agree that this game could be seen as a snoozefest for a bit. But I think it was just a very evenly matched game and took the teams a while to figure each other out. SF had the edge early but couldn't put them away. It just came down to who made the first big mistake to break it open, and it grazed a blockers foot on a punt. Truly a game of inches, and made for some nice fireworks down the stretch.

This SB even got my girlfriend interested in football. She's decided she'll be a Ravens fan moving forward and she hopes Lamar will be our savior from the Chiefs/Mahomes fatigue (which is ironic because she's probably the biggest Swiftie there is)

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:16 am

Never thought I'd say this, but thanks to Mild and BroncoBilly for keeping this thread together. OT rules, boring game?! Wow that was a hard read

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:20 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:16 am Never thought I'd say this, but thanks to Mild and BroncoBilly for keeping this thread together. OT rules, boring game?! Wow that was a hard read
You’re welcome!

:think:

Hey, wait just one minute…

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:35 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:20 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:16 am Never thought I'd say this, but thanks to Mild and BroncoBilly for keeping this thread together. OT rules, boring game?! Wow that was a hard read
You’re welcome!

:think:

Hey, wait just one minute…
All good Jigga me ol' pal :thumbup:

I can agree that the first half of the game was quite grindy, the defenses were largely winning, and as a result there was a sh-tload of ads

But I happen to like a good defensive game, it's unfortunate that more ads are a side-effect of such a game script.

And once it broke out proper, that was an incredibly exciting Superbowl.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:27 pm

Started off dry, but turned into a very good game. Unless they 3peat, I think that's going to be the most memorable of their championships so far. Doesn't get much better than a walkoff TD.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:03 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:27 pm Started off dry, but turned into a very good game. Unless they 3peat, I think that's going to be the most memorable of their championships so far. Doesn't get much better than a walkoff TD.
Longest Superbowl in history too, both as a presentation and in terms of game clock played. Shanny truly took them all the way to their limit.

He's gonna get raked for losing another Superbowl, but ultimately, losing three Superbowls to Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes is nothing to be ashamed of. (It's going to sting for the rest of his life, though)