Odunze Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Odunze Thread

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:41 pm

Harrison and Nabers are 1A and 1B, some even putting Nabers over MHJ. But what about Odunze? He seems to be the consensus WR3 this year.

Do you like him?
I'm hearing good and bad things, so I wanted to see what you all thought.

From DLFs rankings comments:

• "He won't be graded above Harrison, but he's just as capable."
• "Better than some think."
• "Returning for his senior year despite being a day two pick, he has done nothing but improve his game and draft stock."
• "A big receiver who can win in many ways, firmly in the fight to be the 2nd WR off the board."
• "Worried he is a one-trick pony in a gimmicky offense in Washington."

Thoughts?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Finfansteve
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Odunze Thread

Postby Finfansteve » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:09 pm

I’m not a fan at this point I didn’t see much I thought could make him a star in the nfl personally. Not saying he won’t be good in the nfl just not seeing star qualities yet. I’ve been wrong before however. I’m keenly paying attention tho as I have pick 1.04 in my league and am afraid my top three will be gone and I’ll be looking to pick from him and others there
Qb: Hurts, geno Smith
Rb: JT, Gibbs, Montgomery, Roschon, Z. White, Ty Chandler
Wr: AJB, JJ, Chase, waddle, G Wilson
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Likely, Njoku

2024 1.01, 1.04, 1.05
10 team
9 players kept yearly
Non PPR
Not super flex
Start 1/1/2/1/2 flex
1 point per first down
All tds 6 points

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:25 pm

Solid player. Actually a bit younger than MHJ. I have a tough time with metrics based stuff for a few draft classes, due to COVID stuff, it kind of throws off some stuff.

I'd like to see the draft capital be high, but I think he's a fine player. Well below MHJ and Nabers for me, but still a good player.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:27 pm

Watched a good number of his games this year. He's a high impact player. Seemed to be open all the time. Runs good routes and is plenty fast. As a prospect I like him better than any of the '23 WRs as prospects. Now that we have the benefit of a season in the NFL there are a few '23 guys I'd take over him, but not many. FWIW - Kiper has him over Nabers.

I think he's solidly the WR3 for dynasty rookie drafts. Should go off the board 1.04-1.06 in SF leagues. I'm taking him over Bowers for sure unless there's a TEP. He's one of the reasons that the 1.05/1.06 range of picks is very nice this year.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:30 pm

Good stuff. More info from DLF:

Washington wide receiver Rome Odunze has officially declared for the NFL Draft.

Dynasty Analysis

The dynamic receiver shocks nobody with this announcement as he's widely regarded to be a top-ten selection this April. Receiver-needy teams who miss out on Marvin Harrison Jr. [and Nabers] will likely covet Odunze, a fluid athlete who has a knack for making big plays and being electric with the ball in his hands. Odunze is likely going to be a top-five selection in rookie drafts this Spring, regardless of format. (Source: ESPN)

I have the 1.06 in a 1 PPR, 1 TEP Superflex. So I'll probably take Bowers there, but if Bowers goes, it'll be down to Daniels vs. Odunze for me.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:59 pm

I don't think he's as good as Harrison or Nabers and wouldn't value him as such. I think those two are more dynamic, because of their floor as separators. It's not to say that Odunze can't separate; I just don't think he does in the ways they do and doesn't have that type of pop that they do when you see them create separation.

That said, I do think that he wins at a level that can translate to the NFL. He has very good ball skills and tracks well. He made a ton of great adjustments to passes from Penix this season. He also plays very physical at the catch and is a gamer in general with his toughness. I think he was 20 for 27 in contested catch scenarios this season, which is bonkers.

I would not use a Top-10 pick on him in the NFL, but I think he will be a good player.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:11 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:59 pm I don't think he's as good as Harrison or Nabers and wouldn't value him as such. I think those two are more dynamic, because of their floor as separators. It's not to say that Odunze can't separate; I just don't think he does in the ways they do and doesn't have that type of pop that they do when you see them create separation.

That said, I do think that he wins at a level that can translate to the NFL. He has very good ball skills and tracks well. He made a ton of great adjustments to passes from Penix this season. He also plays very physical at the catch and is a gamer in general with his toughness. I think he was 20 for 27 in contested catch scenarios this season, which is bonkers.

I would not use a Top-10 pick on him in the NFL, but I think he will be a good player.
Thanks, great details here, this is excellent.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

BradyT
Legend
Legend

Postby BradyT » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:45 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:41 pm Harrison and Nabers are 1A and 1B, some even putting Nabers over MHJ. But what about Odunze? He seems to be the consensus WR3 this year.

Do you like him?

• "Returning for his senior year despite being a day two pick, he has done nothing but improve his game and draft stock."
• "A big receiver who can win in many ways, firmly in the fight to be the 2nd WR off the board."

Thoughts?
I'd like to hear those taking Nabers ahead of MHJ.
24 roster spots - 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex

QB: Herbert,Minshew
RB: Breece,Walker,Taylor,BRobinson,Allgeier,Spiller
WR:Jefferson,Lamb,DJMoore,QJohnston,Jameson,MMims, T.Marshall,Shakir,Gallup
TE: Andrews,Conklin
DST:DAL
2024 picks: 1.11, 2.10, 4.01, 4.05, 4.07, 4.11

DrowningInTheDays
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DrowningInTheDays » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:10 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:41 pm Harrison and Nabers are 1A and 1B, some even putting Nabers over MHJ. But what about Odunze? He seems to be the consensus WR3 this year.

Do you like him?

Thoughts?
Just finished doing my initial scout on him over the weekend. There's A LOT to like but also a few things that give me minor pause. But, there's no red flags or anything that would prevent me from drafting him.

He's a long-strider with the size, speed, agility, and overall athletic profile you'd want in a top 15 WR. He has a very well-rounded game, which might be why he doesn't pop as much as Nabers and MHJ, who are more explosive. Borderline elite route runner and can create separation with his route running ability. This is something I always look for in WRs and he has it in spades. Great with head fakes at the end of his stems. Good body control and can make tough contested catches. Has elite spatial awareness. I really like him as a redzone target as well.

The few concerns I have of him equate to what he can do after the catch. He lacks adequate play strength and contact balance. I love wide receivers that turn into running backs after the catch. He's a WR after the catch. He may struggle with press coverage as he needs to refine his footwork during his initial release. A little more lean than I would like. On a scale from DK Metcalf to Devante Smith, he's on the DeVanta Smith side.

All of that said, I think the concerns are all minor and correctable. There's nothing he does poorly and he can now work on his game full-time instead of being relegated to 20 hours a week like you are in college. I think he's a great pick at 1.05 or 1.06 in a SF rookie draft. He might not have the insane upside of MHJ or the volume upside of Nabers, but if you draft him in the mid 1st, I think you're going to get a really good fantasy asset that you can build around.
10 Team PPR MFL TE Premium
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, K
2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 Flex

QB: Allen, Watson, Rodgers, Love
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, J. Cook, Herbert, Ky. Williams, Ford
WR: Jefferson, Chase, Metcalf, London, Gabe Davis, Mike Williams, Marshall, Parker, V. Jones, Hamler
TE: Kittle, Kmet, Njoku, Jordan, Bellinger, Otton
K: McPherson
DL: Burns, Rousseau
LB: Ro. Smith, Franklin, Evans, Barton, Luvu, Werner, Morrow
DB: M. Williams, Jenkins, Gardner-Johnson, Owens, Cine

2023 Picks: None
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:30 pm

He’s not a great analytic profile but not a bad one by any means either

If he gets the top 10 capital that’s expected I’ll still be in but not at MHJ/Nabers prices

Hard to see how anyone can overtake him for WR3 unless the mock drafts are way way off and someone gets the best spot possible (fairly unlikely but never know)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:10 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:30 pm He’s not a great analytic profile but not a bad one by any means either

If he gets the top 10 capital that’s expected I’ll still be in but not at MHJ/Nabers prices

Hard to see how anyone can overtake him for WR3 unless the mock drafts are way way off and someone gets the best spot possible (fairly unlikely but never know)
As mentioned earlier, COVID years are going to kind of mess with analytics for a few classes.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:11 pm

BradyT wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:45 pm

Do you like him?

Thoughts?

I'd like to hear those taking Nabers ahead of MHJ.
A full year younger. Wins at all areas of the field. Better after the catch. I'd prefer him, but know I don't need to take him ahead of MHJ. You can trade back and get Nabers plus.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:22 pm

DrowningInTheDays wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:10 pm

Do you like him?

Thoughts?
Just finished doing my initial scout on him over the weekend. There's A LOT to like but also a few things that give me minor pause. But, there's no red flags or anything that would prevent me from drafting him.

He's a long-strider with the size, speed, agility, and overall athletic profile you'd want in a top 15 WR. He has a very well-rounded game, which might be why he doesn't pop as much as Nabers and MHJ, who are more explosive. Borderline elite route runner and can create separation with his route running ability. This is something I always look for in WRs and he has it in spades. Great with head fakes at the end of his stems. Good body control and can make tough contested catches. Has elite spatial awareness. I really like him as a redzone target as well.

The few concerns I have of him equate to what he can do after the catch. He lacks adequate play strength and contact balance. I love wide receivers that turn into running backs after the catch. He's a WR after the catch. He may struggle with press coverage as he needs to refine his footwork during his initial release. A little more lean than I would like. On a scale from DK Metcalf to Devante Smith, he's on the DeVanta Smith side.

All of that said, I think the concerns are all minor and correctable. There's nothing he does poorly and he can now work on his game full-time instead of being relegated to 20 hours a week like you are in college. I think he's a great pick at 1.05 or 1.06 in a SF rookie draft. He might not have the insane upside of MHJ or the volume upside of Nabers, but if you draft him in the mid 1st, I think you're going to get a really good fantasy asset that you can build around.
Thanks. This is great.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:46 pm

I like Odunze s the WR3 in this class, but I know others that disagree, and have him lower.
I think Odunze/Bowers are interchangeable, with Odunze ahead in non-TEP leagues, and Bowers ahead in TEP leagues.

I can't see Odunze drop any further than 1.07 in 12 team SF rookie drafts, but a lot can change in 3 months.

I feel like Nabers is much closer to MHJ than he is to Odunze.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:49 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:46 pm I like Odunze s the WR3 in this class, but I know others that disagree, and have him lower.
I think Odunze/Bowers are interchangeable, with Odunze ahead in non-TEP leagues, and Bowers ahead in TEP leagues.

I can't see Odunze drop any further than 1.07 in 12 team SF rookie drafts, but a lot can change in 3 months.

I feel like Nabers is much closer to MHJ than he is to Odunze.
Gladly take Odunze at 1.07 in SF. Tops of tier 2
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5