Team advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Team advice

Postby gpaok » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:24 pm

League settings: 10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster

Lineups: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

Team:
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby, Chase Brown, Jaleel McLaughlin
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

What would your top priorities be?

QB: I feel like this year I lost some value with newcomers (Strout, Love) but I feel ok
RB: I feel solid but would like to upgrade ETN or trade R White since I feel like there might be regression next season, also feel like Dobbins and Chubb dropped in value and Ford won’t be anywhere near a Chubb replacement. Bigsby disapppointed and seems droppable for a flier? Brown is my only flier to gain a lot of value this offseason.
WR: I have good value but lack depth - barely survived this year due to injuries
TE: I worry with Hockenson’s injury but McBride seems legit. Ferguson had a great season but can’t trust him unless the others are injured or on BYEs

I have tried to trade a few 2/3 for 1 without any success. Thinking of trying for:

Hall - would like to do a 2-3 for him like late 1st, R White plus maybe Ridley? Would that move the needle?
Olave
JJ - I tried all year with offers in the range of L Jackson, White (or ETB), Cooper, plus first

Any advice?
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Team advice

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:40 pm

Great QB core and if you want to move one, you should have a shot at top tier players. You may have to add in a 10 teamer, but the options should still be there. A top tier RB is your biggest need and where I would focus unless as you mentioned you can find a way to add Jefferson.

Overall, I think you have good options but lack a top tier RB as of now. Maybe that changes next year with White/Etienne/Stevenson as fantasy changes year to year.

As with all these posts, there is so much to play out with incoming rookies and free agency that outside of elite/safe assets...let the dust settle and take a step back and reevaluate a few months down the road.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:04 pm

Thanks Gator!

If you were to trade a QB I assume it would only be for JJ! Anyone else? Who would you be more willing to part with?

Which RB would you consider a safe asset? Hall? I was thinking to offer Hall owner ETN and my first would that be fair?

RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:10 pm

gpaok wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:04 pm Thanks Gator!

If you were to trade a QB I assume it would only be for JJ! Anyone else? Who would you be more willing to part with?

Which RB would you consider a safe asset? Hall? I was thinking to offer Hall owner ETN and my first would that be fair?
Shopping your QBs to see who would bring in the best return/value is the best way to maximize the value/options. With already having Lamb, and Chase, Jefferson would be the top target for me/one of the only interests.

Hall, Robinson, and Gibbs seem the most safe from a value standpoint/long term hope and workload potential. CMC if you are going all in. RBs are so up and down that outside of those listed depending on goals, are not where I would be looking especially this early in the offseason. Its just so early in the long offseason process.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:17 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:10 pm

Shopping your QBs to see who would bring in the best return/value is the best way to maximize the value/options. With already having Lamb, and Chase, Jefferson would be the top target for me/one of the only interests.

Hall, Robinson, and Gibbs seem the most safe from a value standpoint/long term hope and workload potential. CMC if you are going all in. RBs are so up and down that outside of those listed depending on goals, are not where I would be looking especially this early in the offseason. Its just so early in the long offseason process.
I agree with this.

One caveat - I don't think I'd pay the price for CMC. The workload this season especially given he is still playing games is very worrisome for '24 production History isn't kind to RBs the year after a crazy season like CMC's '23.

I think I'd shop Kyren rather than ETN. While I don't love ETN, I think Kyren is more risky and carries more value. If I could add to Kyren to get to Hall, Bijan or Gibbs I would.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:18 pm

tstafford wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:17 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:10 pm

I agree with this.

One caveat - I don't think I'd pay the price for CMC. The workload this season especially given he is still playing games is very worrisome for '24 production History isn't kind to RBs the year after a crazy season like CMC's '23.

I think I'd shop Kyren rather than ETN. While I don't love ETN, I think Kyren is more risky and carries more value. If I could add to Kyren to get to Hall, Bijan or Gibbs I would.
Good call on Williams too. You would have to think he is pretty safe heading into 2024.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:02 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:40 pm Great QB core and if you want to move one, you should have a shot at top tier players. You may have to add in a 10 teamer, but the options should still be there. A top tier RB is your biggest need and where I would focus unless as you mentioned you can find a way to add Jefferson.

Overall, I think you have good options but lack a top tier RB as of now. Maybe that changes next year with White/Etienne/Stevenson as fantasy changes year to year.

As with all these posts, there is so much to play out with incoming rookies and free agency that outside of elite/safe assets...let the dust settle and take a step back and reevaluate a few months down the road.
Agree…let it play out.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:34 am

i might try to do hock and a rb for a top wr as you have mcbride and ferguson and lots of rb depth
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:14 pm

This is obviously a brag post. You’re worried about Stroud and Love when you have arguably the 3 best QBs.

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:15 am

ESKAY wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:14 pm This is obviously a brag post. You’re worried about Stroud and Love when you have arguably the 3 best QBs.
I wouldn’t say that - It’s more like how do I improve my RB/WR room even if it might take a QB as collateral.

The main thing I got is that some RB (Hall) seem like a reasonable target, but WR might be safer.

With all the coaching changes there is a lot in flux so might be good to wait and see.

I am surprised on the K Williams comment though since I thought his production was amazing but seems like his extreme usage might be a concern. I was prioritizing offering R White so far.

tdster17
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdster17 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:17 am

Seems like 2023 was very kind to an already strong team to me, especially at RB. Kyren+White+Dell+Ceedee value increase rocketed this team for you this season, even considering Chubb+Dobbins injuries. As mentioned, I'd be looking to try and stabilize the value long term if you can, but I think your offseason really depends on what you believe about White+Kyren. I think there are safer options, but also seems like I'm more optimistic about Kyren than most are so I wouldn't be rushing to move him.

If it were me, I'd probably try and move some combination of QB (Lamar?)+White+ETN+Cooper+Ridley+Picks to go get JJ+ARSB+Hall.
Something like...

Lamar+Pick for JJ
ETN+Cooper for Hall
White+Ridley for ARSB

These are just rough, off the cuff suggestions without knowing your picks available. I'd be happy to substitute some of those depth pieces for picks if you prefer. This would leave you rolling into next season with...

QB-Josh Allen
WR-JJ
WR-Chase
RB-Hall
RB-Kyren
TE-Hock
Flex-Lamb
SFlex-Mahomes

Bench Flex spots- ARSB, Dell, Mcbride
Next season hopefuls-Chubb, Dobbins

10 team leagues are all about the starting lineup. This admittedly leaves you shallow at RB potentially, but its tough to know how shallow until we see how Chubb+Dobbins pans out. Dell/ARSB/Hock would be easy pieces to use to go get a fill in RB if needed in season.
Team1 (1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-2Flex) 10team 0.5 PPR
QB-Hurts, Tua

RB- Mixon, Javonte Williams, Barkley, Breece Hall, J. Cook, Henry, Mattison, R. Johnson, I. Abanikanda, McKinnon, Dobbins

WR- AJ Brown, Jaylen Waddle, Kupp, Metcalf, D. Smith, B. Cooks, G. Davis, E. Moore, J. Reed

TE- Hockenson, Chig Okonkwo

Picks-2024 1.08, 2.04, 3.03, 3.05, 2025 1st, 2026 1st&3rdx2

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:20 am

tdster17 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:17 am Seems like 2023 was very kind to an already strong team to me, especially at RB. Kyren+White+Dell+Ceedee value increase rocketed this team for you this season, even considering Chubb+Dobbins injuries. As mentioned, I'd be looking to try and stabilize the value long term if you can, but I think your offseason really depends on what you believe about White+Kyren. I think there are safer options, but also seems like I'm more optimistic about Kyren than most are so I wouldn't be rushing to move him.

If it were me, I'd probably try and move some combination of QB (Lamar?)+White+ETN+Cooper+Ridley+Picks to go get JJ+ARSB+Hall.
Something like...

Lamar+Pick for JJ
ETN+Cooper for Hall
White+Ridley for ARSB

These are just rough, off the cuff suggestions without knowing your picks available. I'd be happy to substitute some of those depth pieces for picks if you prefer. This would leave you rolling into next season with...

QB-Josh Allen
WR-JJ
WR-Chase
RB-Hall
RB-Kyren
TE-Hock
Flex-Lamb
SFlex-Mahomes

Bench Flex spots- ARSB, Dell, Mcbride
Next season hopefuls-Chubb, Dobbins

10 team leagues are all about the starting lineup. This admittedly leaves you shallow at RB potentially, but its tough to know how shallow until we see how Chubb+Dobbins pans out. Dell/ARSB/Hock would be easy pieces to use to go get a fill in RB if needed in season.
Thanks for this advice!!! Let me ping the ARSB owner since that was a player I hadn’t tried for!!