Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:26 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2024 Wild Card Weekend

Postby jordanzs » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:36 pm

Puka is out-Amon-Ra’ing Amon-ra

Who will be better for fantasy going forward?

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:41 pm

jordanzs wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:36 pm Puka is out-Amon-Ra’ing Amon-ra

Who will be better for fantasy going forward?
Puka will piss in your face and tell you it’s raining

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:15 pm

Super happy for Goff.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:42 pm

We finally got a real game. That was awesome.

I'm happy for Lions fans and Dan Campbell. The elation for the crowd was palpable, and DC going nuts on that Amon Ra catch was pure cinema.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:45 pm

It's kind of selfish, but is anyone else glad Kyren, etc made it out without major injury?

I never want guys to get hurt, but I also worry my players do in the playoffs and then are done the next year. If they don't do well, turnover happens, and more instability, LOL.

This crazy game of ours. FWIW, I still have Laporta, Love etc on that team. It's just strange, watching the game through a FF lense. Hope they do well, pray they don't get hurt. For them, and yourself. It's important to remember they are people, and they are not in fact, on "your team". It's kind of a delusion, we create. I do think that's important. We kind of delude ourselves, in that area, but you don't want people to be hurt, and it's tough sometimes, you're fictional opponent in a made up game based on a game, has a player who is on his "team" by way of fiction gets hurt, and you can get happy, or at least feel "better" that their good players aren't playing.

Be careful. Honestly, it's a really slippery slope, what technology, and the internet can provide, and I am typing this as it's occurring to me, so I may have said things in the past that don't correlate with it, but that's how people live, they can learn.
I'd like to make a quick comment, before the thought leaves me.

What I've learned, from FF, is we need to be very careful about how we look at players themselves, AND people on this forum. People's past takes on players, or the game, as we can develop a better understanding of this fake game wee play, based on another game.

We all get takes right and wrong. It's a game, for fun. These players are people, we don't "own them". and their failures are also ours. We shouldn't blame them, for anything. They are supposed to be a extension of our enjoyment, win or lose, and we should thank them for it, for playing a game we want to watch and have passed time over.

A myriad of thing beyond our control can happen, but as human communication continues to expand digitally, we should not lose fact that we are communicating on a forum, WITH people, ABOUT people.

These are luxuries we would never have known a short time ago, and i think it's important to remember that ultimately, we are humans, and so are they.

I do not apologize for this lengthy post, but I see an increasing disdain for each other on this planet through the "net" as it may not be the natural way of communicating with each other. Talking with another human, with their energy near you, their facial expressions, physical movement etc. brings about a more natural state, but you can't do that with someone 2000 miles away. Being around a human does something to dispel those things that at times, I myself, am guilty of.

I think it's just important the more we communicate in the ways of technology, that we remember those things.

Thanks for reading,whoever does.

Please be well, all of you, and know that despite the fact we argue about silly games, based on silly games, I want you all to be well.

It's something that gets lost, sometimes, we are all over North America, even the globe, but we come here to chat over a common interest. Let that interest bring us closer together, rather than further apart.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:49 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:45 pm you don't want people to be hurt
well it depends... dirty players that take a cheap shot every time they can (hello cj cunter-johnson), they can go get bleep for all i care.
it's football, someone's getting inured, hopefully it's them. and watson.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:30 am

anyway, still full-scale levels of schadenfreude today.

i had the impression dak looked so scared of taking hits. the pass to the TE when he could have walked in endzone, threw the ball away or scrambled as soon as a DE got in the backfield. can't remember him standing in the pocket and getting hit while delivering the goods, which is something love did plenty. it was a pathetic performance for all involved, but when your QB leaves his bollocks at home, it's tough.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:47 pm

What a surprise! Another blowout….

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:05 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:47 pm What a surprise! Another blowout….
Doesn't seem to be too terrible.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:46 pm

Pickett robbed of an opp. to play in the playoffs. Rudolph was never going to do anything. At least Pickett can improve now that Canada is gone

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:51 pm

Pickett is not the answer. Tomlin thought Rudolph gave them the best chance to win. That's all I need to know...

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:54 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:46 pm Pickett robbed of an opp. to play in the playoffs. Rudolph was never going to do anything. At least Pickett can improve now that Canada is gone
I think this is parody but I'm honestly not sure 😅

Glad we're finally getting rid of the fraud playoff teams like the Browns, Cowboys, and Steelers.

Hopefully next weeks games are a little more competitive.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:19 pm

Menace2010 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:51 pm Tomlin thought Rudolph gave them the best chance to win. That's all I need to know...
Agree. Fire Tomlin

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:17 pm

TB receivers not doing Mayfield any favors.