Not at all early 2025 Draft thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Not at all early 2025 Draft thread

Postby blemly » Wed May 01, 2024 5:16 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:50 pm So I picked Singleton at 5, and I was looking at Ollie Gordon, and he was intriguing, but his speed was what concerned me a bit. I don’t think there’s any way he runs in the 4.4s. You’re hoping he runs a 4.5x, and 4.5s can be perfectly fine too, but then the margin for error is shrinking.

His game does remind me of Mixon, but Mixon was a terrific athlete with terrific speed.
Not gonna debate that Mixon was the more polished athlete, but didn’t he run a 4.5 at the combine too? Breakaway speed has never really been his thing.
Team 1 (Rebuild ): 12-tm SF 0.5PPR/1.0PP1D
QB: Williams, Young, Tannehill
RB: Herbert, Akers, Gibson, Wilson, Abanikanda
WR: MHJ, Nabers, Flowers, Pickens, Dotson, Downs, Chark, Boyd, Douglas
TE: Knox
Picks: 3 ‘25 1s, 4 ‘25 2s, ‘25 3

Team 2: 14-tm SF PPR/1.5TEP
QB: Burrow, Wilson, Lance
RB: JT, Mixon, Pollard, Laube, Guerendo, Hill, Patterson, Hines
WR: Hill, Cooper, DK, DJM, D. Samuel, Sutton
TE: Freiermuth, Gesicki, Hudson
Picks: ‘25 3rd, ‘25 4th

Team 3 10-tm SF PPR
QB: Mahomes/Dak/Cousins/Jones
RB: JT, Kamara, Jacobs, Zeke, Singletary, Moss
WR: AJB, Diggs, Allen, Cooper, Wilson, Kirk, Sutton, Williams, Bateman, E. Moore
TE: Goedert, Schultz, Granson, Hill
Picks: 1.07, 2.04, 2.07

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 pm

Lumps wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:39 am Our devy draft just completed. It was the initial one where we draft the picks during the startup, so not everyone had one, etc.

Best ball, 12 team, SF, PPR, 1 TEP, devy
Start 11 - QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 4 WRT, SF

Devy 1.01: Jeremiah Smith WR OSU
Devy 1.02: Luther Burden III, Missouri
devy 1.03 teitoroa mcmillan, arizona
devy 1.04 quinshon judkins, OSU
devy 1.05 nick singleton rb
devy 1.06 arch manning
devy 1.07 emeka egugbka
devy 1.08 treyveon henderson
devy 1.09 Julian Sayin
devy 1.10 Evan Stewart WR Oregon
devy 1.11 Justice Haynes RB Alabama
devy 1.12 Ashton Jeanty RB BSU

Bolded are mine. Evan Stewart at 1.10 in a startup devy is just crazy value. Jeanty has not been mentioned here aside from the PFF thing above, but he is flying under the radar. Of course I'm biased because I took those guys, but I stand by it. :lol:
Context: I'm in this league. Didn't take any rookie/devy picks in start up as they went too high for my liking, but have loved the early draft so far.

Evan Stewart falling that far surprised me as well. He was in my top 4 devy WR. Burden should be solid, I really enjoy Tet's game and think he's got crazy upside. Smith is still somewhat unknown but could be great.

Also thought another QB or 2 would be selected, but I get they are risky when there isn't a slam dunk like Caleb or Trevor in the pool. And like you've said Ewers was once in that conversation. Wonder how Sayin progresses here.

RB taken all seem solid. Have had an eye on Judkins and was originally going to grab the 4th or 5th devy, but I believe they were off the board by the 6th or 7th round of our start up. I believe all 24 1sts were off the board as well

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Wed May 01, 2024 7:11 pm

I took the rookie 7 and 8 in the 5th (about where they are positioned now) and devy 10 and 12 in the 8th and 9th. I really like Stewart and Jeanty for that cost.

If anything…. OTHER QBs should have gone instead of these. I mean if you wanted a freshman Lagway is being heralded as on the Hurts/ARich spectrum. But homers gonna homer.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed May 01, 2024 7:17 pm

blemly wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:16 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:50 pm So I picked Singleton at 5, and I was looking at Ollie Gordon, and he was intriguing, but his speed was what concerned me a bit. I don’t think there’s any way he runs in the 4.4s. You’re hoping he runs a 4.5x, and 4.5s can be perfectly fine too, but then the margin for error is shrinking.

His game does remind me of Mixon, but Mixon was a terrific athlete with terrific speed.
Not gonna debate that Mixon was the more polished athlete, but didn’t he run a 4.5 at the combine too? Breakaway speed has never really been his thing.
You’re right, a 4.50 at 228lbs. If Gordon can do that, great. I’m not convinced though.