Lets Pretend - Atlanta Falcons 2024

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Lets Pretend - Atlanta Falcons 2024

Postby mild » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:13 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:04 pm Evans (probably) won't be there to bail him out. I don't see them spending money elsewhere to improve the team. I think they'll just ride coattails on this year and expect the same outcome.

Meanwhile ATL is putting in the work. CAR is going to be better. NOS...have a lot of money to shred off the books.
Why do we think Evans is leaving? To me he's firmly in that "should be a Buc for life, let's break out the chequebook" range now.

He has the chance to match Jerry Rice's consecutive 1000 yard season record next year, and he has a Superbowl ring with the team. Does nothing but absolutely ball out for the Pirate Themed Florida team. Could easily see them prioritising bringing him back.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:13 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:04 pm Evans (probably) won't be there to bail him out. I don't see them spending money elsewhere to improve the team. I think they'll just ride coattails on this year and expect the same outcome.

Meanwhile ATL is putting in the work. CAR is going to be better. NOS...have a lot of money to shred off the books.
Why do we think Evans is leaving? To me he's firmly in that "should be a Buc for life, let's break out the chequebook" range now.

He has the chance to match Jerry Rice's consecutive 1000 yard season record next year, and he has a Superbowl ring with the team. Does nothing but absolutely ball out for the Pirate Themed Florida team. Could easily see them prioritising bringing him back.
Why didn't they do that before the year started? I agree he should be a Buc for life, but after them not even extending a hand out at the beginning Evans owes them nothing. Could they admit they were wrong and throw a Brinks truck at him, sure, but that doesn't mean other teams aren't to lining up to do the same.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:53 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 pm
mild wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:13 pm

Why didn't they do that before the year started? I agree he should be a Buc for life, but after them not even extending a hand out at the beginning Evans owes them nothing. Could they admit they were wrong and throw a Brinks truck at him, sure, but that doesn't mean other teams aren't to lining up to do the same.
I think - rightly - they treated this year as a retool year, as they were unsure what they really had, and they had some post-Brady contracts to take on the chin.

They hit on Mayfield (a 4000 yard season is absolutely a hit) and Mike Evans showed out for one of his best seasons in a while. If anything, he looked better this year than in the last few.

They have the franchise tag. If they want to hold on to him, they can.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:04 pm

So Raheem Morris brought in as the Head Coach, and he hires Sean McVay disciple Zac Robinson to run the offense.

I don't know much about Robinson personally, but I do love the fact that he comes from the McVay coaching tree with his track record of success both with offensive scoring/production but an emphasis on utilizing his best skill players. Think about how many targets Cooper Kupp, Puka Nacua, & Tyler Higbee have been fed over the years and the dominant roles his RB's like Gurley, Williams, and even Akers in stretches have enjoyed.

Anyone know more about Robinson and his philosophy/style?
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:22 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:04 pm Anyone know more about Robinson and his philosophy/style?
He's risen really fast through the coaching ranks in a scant 4 years, so it's hard to know what his style will be outside of what we know about the McVay offense. He had some good success as a college QB at Oklahoma, but never lasted long in his stops at the Patriots, Seahawks, Lions, and Bengals. He was on a lot of their practice squads before he hung it up in 2013.
The 37-year-old former quarterback has been with the Rams organization since joining the league as a coach in 2019 after retiring as a player in 2013. He began that 2019 season as an assistant quarterbacks coach. Since then, Robinson has been promoted to pass game coordinator/quarterbacks coach, a position he has held since 2022.
Ultimately we're hoping that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree here, though:
An OC coming from an offense that just supported a top-3 fantasy RB, a top-5 fantasy WR, and a WR2 who averaged 13.5 FPPG (might be good for a certain TE) all while their QB threw for under 4000 yards and 24 TDs.
That's a very condensed weapon-tree. We are still pending the trigger man at QB, of course - but to be clear: this hire is as good of a home run as we could have hoped for fantasy-wise given the Falcons electing to go Defensive HC, and the Rams commitment to funnelling to their best weapons.

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:45 pm

mild wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:22 pm
That's a very condensed weapon-tree. We are still pending the trigger man at QB, of course - but to be clear: this hire is as good of a home run as we could have hoped for fantasy-wise given the Falcons electing to go Defensive HC, and the Rams commitment to funnelling to their best weapons.
Agreed, even if we aren't sure what we're getting in Robinson. I was hoping for Ben Johnson or even Eric Bienemy as a potential HC, but as a Bijan & Pitts owner, I am very happy with this coaching staff & optimistic about how they handle the trio of Bijan / Pitts / London.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:50 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:45 pm Agreed, even if we aren't sure what we're getting in Robinson. I was hoping for Ben Johnson or even Eric Bienemy as a potential HC, but as a Bijan & Pitts owner, I am very happy with this coaching staff & optimistic about how they handle the trio of Bijan / Pitts / London.
Yeah, I'm with you. I wouldn't have wanted Bienemy personally - that guy getting as many interviews as he's had and never being seriously considered for a job + the reports of him being a hard-bleep that players struggle with makes me think he simply rubs people the wrong way. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen on the interpersonal relationships front imo.

Raheem being as highly spoken of as he is gives me good vibes on the locker room front. He's been a near-unanimous answer from players as to "who do you think will/should absolutely be a HC some day".

And the best part. I think we've got a 2 year window here at least, even if it goes really well. I think even if Zac Robinson gets an absolute best-case scenario in 2024 whilst OC-ing one of the leagues top offenses, it's highly likely that similar to Slowik or even Ben Johnson last year - he'll be considered too raw/young to be a serious top HC candidate in 2025, and might even opt for more experience himself.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:49 am

This video with “are you ready to go home?” and Fields showing great excitement:

https://twitter.com/mikmcdaniel/status/ ... 03252?s=61

and Draftkings pulling the Fields destination prop bet off the board have Fields headed to ATL

Thoughts?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:07 am

My thoughts if Fields is indeed headed to ATL as evidence seems to support.

Immediate thought: HC Raheem Morris is a D guy. OC Zac Robinson has never been an OC in his pro coaching career. Fields is headed to a new team. There could be a serious learning curve here as a lot of new pieces are going to have to figure out how to mesh. They could be off to a rough start at the least.

Fields can support a WR1 and a TE. He will throw to RBs. So the big 3 of London, Pitts and Bijan may be okay. Rushing QBs tend to help RB numbers as well. The rest of the guys on O? Not so much confidence that there will be much meat left on the bone for them.

Definitely a step up from what they had last year at QB though.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:10 am

Atlanta is a great situation for any young QB.

+ One of the best offensive lines in football, that doesn't get enough credit.
+ Big-time, underutilized talents at RB, WR and TE
+ An ascending defense
+ Good cap picture going forward
+ Promising offensive mind from the McVay tree in Zac Robinson
+ Plays in the worst division in football

I don't know if Fields is the ideal fit for that team, but I do think they have a number of things going that Fields could've used throughout his career. I'm also not sure if they want to put themselves in the position of having to pay Fields a lot of money if he does do relatively fine there.

I think they're better off signing a vet like Cousins or Wilson for a few years or starting clean with a rookie (though they may have to trade up).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:22 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:07 am My thoughts if Fields is indeed headed to ATL as evidence seems to support.

Immediate thought: HC Raheem Morris is a D guy. OC Zac Robinson has never been an OC in his pro coaching career. Fields is headed to a new team. There could be a serious learning curve here as a lot of new pieces are going to have to figure out how to mesh. They could be off to a rough start at the least.

Fields can support a WR1 and a TE. He will throw to RBs. So the big 3 of London, Pitts and Bijan may be okay. Rushing QBs tend to help RB numbers as well. The rest of the guys on O? Not so much confidence that there will be much meat left on the bone for them.

DJM and London are not the same type of WR at all. I don't think he'd be a good fit with Fields at all. Fields is not a good QB at throwing people open. DJM is a YAC player, who excels in completely different areas. I wouldn't like this fit.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:44 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:22 am
Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:07 am My thoughts if Fields is indeed headed to ATL as evidence seems to support.

DJM and London are not the same type of WR at all. I don't think he'd be a good fit with Fields at all. Fields is not a good QB at throwing people open. DJM is a YAC player, who excels in completely different areas. I wouldn't like this fit.
That’s an interesting thought. London gets a lot of yardage out of sudden separation on timing routes. Fields’ processing speed (or lack thereof) and tendency to hold on to the football a long time would not fit that kind of game at all.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:59 pm

Hey what the hell...a thread dedicated to one team? That seems frivolous. LOL. JK.

I keep hearing Fields to ATL. And honestly if he feeds Bijan, that could work out well. Obviously there is the cost/salary. IDK if it helps Pitts, but it should do okay by London. DJM got targets. Better OL. Could work out.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:05 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:59 pm Hey what the hell...a thread dedicated to one team? That seems frivolous. LOL. JK.

I keep hearing Fields to ATL. And honestly if he feeds Bijan, that could work out well. Obviously there is the cost/salary. IDK if it helps Pitts, but it should do okay by London. DJM got targets. Better OL. Could work out.

Keep all that bad juju in Chicago with you!!

Sure, Bijan could work out, because the Bears RB's have been dynamite!!! :lol:
No really, list a top RB that shares a backfield with a running QB.....I'll wait.
Josh Allen's RB's.....hmmm.....Lamar's RB's.......hmmm....Kyler Murray RB's......hmmm

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:26 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:05 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:59 pm Hey what the hell...a thread dedicated to one team? That seems frivolous. LOL. JK.

Keep all that bad juju in Chicago with you!!

Sure, Bijan could work out, because the Bears RB's have been dynamite!!! :lol:
No really, list a top RB that shares a backfield with a running QB.....I'll wait.
Josh Allen's RB's.....hmmm.....Lamar's RB's.......hmmm....Kyler Murray RB's......hmmm
https://www.fantraxhq.com/how-does-a-ru ... ing-backs/