General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Re: Lets Pretend - Atlanta Falcons 2024

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:46 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:26 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:05 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:59 pm Hey what the hell...a thread dedicated to one team? That seems frivolous. LOL. JK.

I keep hearing Fields to ATL. And honestly if he feeds Bijan, that could work out well. Obviously there is the cost/salary. IDK if it helps Pitts, but it should do okay by London. DJM got targets. Better OL. Could work out.

Keep all that bad juju in Chicago with you!!

Sure, Bijan could work out, because the Bears RB's have been dynamite!!! :lol:
No really, list a top RB that shares a backfield with a running QB.....I'll wait.
Josh Allen's RB's.....hmmm.....Lamar's RB's.......hmmm....Kyler Murray RB's......hmmm
https://www.fantraxhq.com/how-does-a-ru ... ing-backs/
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports ... t=1&end=18

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:33 am

Baker or Cousins would be great.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:22 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:46 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:26 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:05 pm

Keep all that bad juju in Chicago with you!!

Sure, Bijan could work out, because the Bears RB's have been dynamite!!! :lol:
No really, list a top RB that shares a backfield with a running QB.....I'll wait.
Josh Allen's RB's.....hmmm.....Lamar's RB's.......hmmm....Kyler Murray RB's......hmmm
https://www.fantraxhq.com/how-does-a-ru ... ing-backs/
https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports ... t=1&end=18
I provided data that shows a teams RBs tend to do better with a running QB. Just be because it didn’t happen last year doesn’t mean it can’t….kind of like the whole Stroud can’t possibly be good because no Ohio State QB has been.

All your list tells me is those teams didn’t have a RB good enough last year. Were in committees that one guy didn’t finish up top. Got hurt and missed time. Etc.

And if you are set on fantasy finish only, you mentioned Kyler Murray. James Conner has been a PPG RB1 two of the last three years in Arizona. This year he missed, he was RB13. Pretty good if you ask me.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:44 pm

frerichs5 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:22 am
I provided data that shows a teams RBs tend to do better with a running QB. Just be because it didn’t happen last year doesn’t mean it can’t….kind of like the whole Stroud can’t possibly be good because no Ohio State QB has been.

All your list tells me is those teams didn’t have a RB good enough last year. Were in committees that one guy didn’t finish up top. Got hurt and missed time. Etc.

And if you are set on fantasy finish only, you mentioned Kyler Murray. James Conner has been a PPG RB1 two of the last three years in Arizona. This year he missed, he was RB13. Pretty good if you ask me.
Your numbers are just numbers, like the numbers I posted.
Your data did not even include the Ravens, is that because they don't consider Lamar to be a running QB?
Or because the results would not fit the narrative they were trying to sell?
You claim your number prove that RB's do better with a running QB, I didn't see that at all.
My numbers show that no top 11 RB played in the backfield with a running QB in 2023.

Your data sample size was only 2 years, if you want, you can go back to 2022 numbers too, which show that only 1 RB in the top 15 played with a running QB (Saquon).

I will say that having a running QB can help a RB's efficiency, but basically takes any RB out of the RB1 discussion, due to loss of volume.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:54 am

2023 season stats:
Baltimore Ravens RBs: rush 363, 1696; rec 60, 571, Total TDs 21. = 412.7 fantasy points.
Atlanta Falcons RBs: rush 450, 1840; rec 85 718, Total TDs 14 = 424.8 fantasy points.

In 2023, Bijan finished with 252.3 fantasy points, RB8, 59.4% share of the Falcons RBs.
In 2023, no one expected any of the remaining healthy Ravens RBs to finish as a RB1.
Arthur Smith got fired partly due to underutilizing Bijan at 60% share of the Falcons running backs.

Considering these stats from 2023, I think it is safe to assume that Bijan will finish as a RB1 regardless of QB.

Also, Giants QBs ran for 598 yards (has to be up there in QB rushing yards per team). Saquon finished as RB13 with 227.2 fantasy points while missing 3 games. All this while Saquon had a miserable season averaging 3.9 yards per rush.
P.S. 598 yards would be 4th amongst all QBs. If you tally all QB rushing, I believe Giants QBs were 4th in the league in rushing yards.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:58 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:44 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:22 am

Your numbers are just numbers, like the numbers I posted.
Your data did not even include the Ravens, is that because they don't consider Lamar to be a running QB?
Or because the results would not fit the narrative they were trying to sell?
You claim your number prove that RB's do better with a running QB, I didn't see that at all.
My numbers show that no top 11 RB played in the backfield with a running QB in 2023.

Your data sample size was only 2 years, if you want, you can go back to 2022 numbers too, which show that only 1 RB in the top 15 played with a running QB (Saquon).

I will say that having a running QB can help a RB's efficiency, but basically takes any RB out of the RB1 discussion, due to loss of volume.
Most of what you posted here is answered in the article. So either you didn’t read or glossed over it.

Not sure if you missed part of my post or not, but I’ll say it again. You’re not accounting for injuries (Conner, all Ravens RBs), committees (Ravens, Bills), or just plain not having one good enough, as being reasons why those teams may not have had a top RB. As I said, Conner has been a top RB PPG. I guess it’s Kyler being a running QB that kept him from finishing there as a season total… and it Lamar’s fault being a running QB the Ravens backfield always implodes. Miles Sanders definitely had to get better getting away from running Jalen Hurts.

Looking at the numbers your way would also suggest a WR can’t even be a WR2 playing with Patrick Mahomes. Bad thought process in my opinion.

Either way, we’re all entitled to our opinions. Thanks for the discussion.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:20 am

Cousins rumors are heating up. Looks like it's a two-team race with them and Minnesota.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:35 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:54 am In 2023, Bijan finished with 252.3 fantasy points, RB8, 59.4% share of the Falcons RBs.
In 2023, no one expected any of the remaining healthy Ravens RBs to finish as a RB1.
Arthur Smith got fired partly due to underutilizing Bijan at 60% share of the Falcons running backs.
Arthur Smith got fired for losing games, and missing the playoffs in the worst division in football.

I don't think his utilisation of Bijan really came into Arthur Blanks' decision, no matter what the outspokenly vocal section of the Fantasy community would like to think.

(And if anything, his underutilisation of the passing weapons due to doubling down on the Desmond Ridder experience was the true crime - a rookie RB getting 60% in his first year is fine)
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:20 am Cousins rumors are heating up. Looks like it's a two-team race with them and Minnesota.
I've been hoping for this all offseason.

Can't wait to see this offense with a real trigger man.

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:41 pm

mild wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:35 pm
remedy29 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:54 am In 2023, Bijan finished with 252.3 fantasy points, RB8, 59.4% share of the Falcons RBs.
Arthur Smith got fired for losing games, and missing the playoffs in the worst division in football.

I don't think his utilisation of Bijan really came into Arthur Blanks' decision, no matter what the outspokenly vocal section of the Fantasy community would like to think.

(And if anything, his underutilisation of the passing weapons due to doubling down on the Desmond Ridder experience was the true crime - a rookie RB getting 60% in his first year is fine)
I agree, the complaints from fantasy folks about Bijan underutilization have gone way to far. Bijan was used just fine in his rookie year.

Nonetheless, Bijan will get at least 60% of the RB share and that should be fine for finishing as a RB1.
The only concern with Fields would be RB receptions, but given Bijan superior skills as a pass catcher, you'd have to assume he will get his receptions.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:06 pm

remedy29 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:41 pm I agree, the complaints from fantasy folks about Bijan underutilization have gone way to far. Bijan was used just fine in his rookie year.

Nonetheless, Bijan will get at least 60% of the RB share and that should be fine for finishing as a RB1.
The only concern with Fields would be RB receptions, but given Bijan superior skills as a pass catcher, you'd have to assume he will get his receptions.
Sounding like the people that should be concerned about Fields are the Justin Jefferson bag-holders at this point.

FA can't get here soon enough.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:29 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:48 am

Should not be news to many - I would think just about every team in the NFL would want to sign Cousins over trading for Fields if it is an option.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:56 am

The Cousins angle is particularly interesting IMO because Bears management has stated that if they do trade Fields that they want to move him before FA starts out of respect for him. Not the exact quote, but that was pretty much their position.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:22 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:56 am The Cousins angle is particularly interesting IMO because Bears management has stated that if they do trade Fields that they want to move him before FA starts out of respect for him. Not the exact quote, but that was pretty much their position.
And getting even more interesting with Caleb reportedly pushing the meeting with the Bears until after his Pro Day... which is after Free Agency.

Bears might be getting more than they bargained for, here. :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:23 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:37 pm
mild wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:13 pm
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:04 pm Evans (probably) won't be there to bail him out. I don't see them spending money elsewhere to improve the team. I think they'll just ride coattails on this year and expect the same outcome.

Meanwhile ATL is putting in the work. CAR is going to be better. NOS...have a lot of money to shred off the books.
Why do we think Evans is leaving? To me he's firmly in that "should be a Buc for life, let's break out the chequebook" range now.

He has the chance to match Jerry Rice's consecutive 1000 yard season record next year, and he has a Superbowl ring with the team. Does nothing but absolutely ball out for the Pirate Themed Florida team. Could easily see them prioritising bringing him back.
Why didn't they do that before the year started? I agree he should be a Buc for life, but after them not even extending a hand out at the beginning Evans owes them nothing. Could they admit they were wrong and throw a Brinks truck at him, sure, but that doesn't mean other teams aren't to lining up to do the same.
They backed up the Brinks truck for him. :thumbup: