Poor integrity
78%

Total votes: 32

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Strategic or bad integrity? Poll

Postby DJB » Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:25 pm

Couldn’t agree more with most of the replies here.

Well he tanked and is slated to likely lose the week.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:00 pm

Poor league design.
League rules should encourage winning all of the time, not discourage them.

In my leagues, draft slots are based on Max PF for non-playoff teams, which discourages tanking.
Once out of the playoffs, the 6 teams contend for a bonus pick, somewhere between end of round 1 and end of round 2.

This encourages them to keep playing to try to get an extra draft pick, be it 1.13, 2.06.5, or 2.13.
Giving the 1.01 to the strongest of non-playoff teams is a farce.

If I had a team that was borderline playoff team in that league, but did not think I could win it, I would tank the last few games to make sure that I missed the playoffs, then go whip a few really bad teams to get the 1.01.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:47 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:03 am
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:56 am
trc wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:53 am He should be able to expand on why it is 'strategic move'. I guess it will not happen.
Yep, it’s only strategic if they have something to gain from it. From this post, it doesn’t seem that is the case as they don’t have a pick either way. Poor integrity.

But this is another reason leagues need something written about always trying to set your best lineup in my opinion.

And also not playing for the 1.01. Play for the 1.13, 2.13, etc. something you can’t trade away until you win it. You’ll never come across this scenario.
Yes, to expand on my point: If you guys insist on having players compete for something in the consolation bracket to keep them engaged, make it a single 'extra pick,' not a slot for the entire draft. I've done exactly what frerichs5 is suggesting here in some leagues, but I would recommend them playing for the "2.13," as the 1.13 is too valuable a pick and it sent my league into a tizzy last year when I won the 1.13
This i agree with. First off just by the rules of the league you DONT have the 1.01. You have somewhere between 1.01 and 1.04 based on this consolation tournament. Now the same principles should apply to this tourney as it did with the regular season (playing your best starters) and the commish should enforce that. Otherwise, the tournament is a sham because the whole premise is to compete for the 1.01 and not tank which is exactly what he is doing because he doesn’t have his pick.

With that said, if this owner sees you as more of a future threat than others, what he is doing is strategic as long as it doesn’t violate any league rules.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:58 am

You just found out why this is such a bad rule. Unintended consequences. Yeah, you’re getting screwed and yeah he’s got some character issues. Unfortunately you’re at his mercy.

PigeonBoys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PigeonBoys » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:01 pm

Kinda seems like your league has done this to itself setting things up this way and also seemingly not having a rule governing behavior. There's no rule against it then there's nothing you can do, close the loop, make rules and move on. In our first year in dynasty we did that and I sat my players in the "playoffs" because why in the heck am I playing a losers bracket playoff game that means something? I should've had the 2nd pick and I chance going to #6, that's asinine. My point was the 0-16 Lions or Browns did not have to defend their #1 pick, they should get it because they suck so bad. We closed that loop and made anti tanking rules which should have been in place anyway.

Having the winner of the losers bracket is insane, you're routinely giving the #1 pick to a fringe playoff team most likely. We go off of MAX PF and that has seemed to work really well because it is really hard to tank without giving up all of your valuable assets. Anyway, this seems like something you're going to just have to get over and implement changes next year.
12 Team .5 PPR Dynasty Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX, 1TE, 1 DEF, 1K

2018: 2nd 🥈
2019: Champs :dance: 🏆
2020: 2nd 🥈
2021: 2nd 🥈
2022: 2nd 🥈
2023: Champs :dance: 🏆

QB: L. Jackson, D.Prescott, K. Cousins
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, A. Jones, K. Miller, J. Ford, D. Singletary, J. Williams
WR: J. Jefferson, A.St. Brown, DK Metcalf, M. Brown, N. Collins, C. Kirk, J. Smith-Schuster, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Njoku, D. Goedert

Draft picks:
2024 - 1.12, 2.12, 3.05, 4.12
2025 - 1st (Other Owner), 2nd, 4th
2026 - 1st, 2nd (Other Owner)

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:08 pm

Total BS. This rule needs to change ASAP. You can't bench your starters out of spite. That's totally illegal tanking. Maybe the order for top six draft picks needs to be potential points or something. I don't like your league rules at all.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble