2023 Week 13

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: 2023 Week 13

Postby Anteaters » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:02 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:00 pm
JoeJoe88 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:59 pm Oof. First glance that pick looked like it was on Skyy.

He has been…not good.
As someone who still has him in 1 league. (30 roster spots, SF/TEP). I think he is borderline droppable at this point.
From red hot on the rookie meter, to ok we can wait for the breakout, to over and dun. In less than 2 years. Wow!

Time for another three or four pretenders to raise their hands.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:12 pm

Anteaters wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:02 pm
JoeJoe88 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:59 pm Oof. First glance that pick looked like it was on Skyy.

He has been…not good.
As someone who still has him in 1 league. (30 roster spots, SF/TEP). I think he is borderline droppable at this point.
From red hot on the rookie meter, to ok we can wait for the breakout, to over and dun. In less than 2 years. Wow!

Do you see the upside, in SF/Heavy TEP, where it's start 2 WR's? I don't. I am not dropping yet, but if there's a guy who pops at a position of value at any point, I'm out. He'd be lucky to fetch a 4th at this point, in this league. The cost of the pick, factoring in losing a roster spot. He's just dead weight. He's shown ZERO, development. He isn't a natural football player. He's a whiff, by the Chiefs staff. It happens. I wish I could get anything for him, but I've tried. I couldn't even get Izzy Abanikanda for him, a month ago, when Izzy was inactive every week.

Maybe I could offer him for CEH.... :lol: :think: Not sure who's more useless at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:19 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:12 pm

Do you see the upside, in SF/Heavy TEP, where it's start 2 WR's? I don't. I am not dropping yet, but if there's a guy who pops at a position of value at any point, I'm out. He'd be lucky to fetch a 4th at this point, in this league. The cost of the pick, factoring in losing a roster spot. He's just dead weight. He's shown ZERO, development. He isn't a natural football player. He's a whiff, by the Chiefs staff. It happens. I wish I could get anything for him, but I've tried. I couldn't even get Izzy Abanikanda for him, a month ago, when Izzy was inactive every week.
I agree I'm not dropping him unless there is a better player on the WW. Of course, "better" is a loosely-defined term in relation to players on the level of Skyy.

So, no, I wouldn't drop Skyy to get Rusty Nails. But I also wouldn't joke anyone who dropped Skyy to get AJ McCarron or some NFL team's 3rd string RB.

True story: I dropped Skyy from team 1 in my sig after the 2022 season or just before the 2023 season - I can't remember exactly. It's a little different in that league because we have position limits and keeper limits (20) and I wanted to give myself the chance to add other WRs.

We won't discuss the fact I dropped Skyy only to draft QJ. I think the 7th WR spot on my roster is a cursed seat.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Anteaters wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:19 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:12 pm

I agree I'm not dropping him unless there is a better player on the WW. Of course, "better" is a loosely-defined term in relation to players on the level of Skyy.

So, no, I wouldn't drop Skyy to get Rusty Nails. But I also wouldn't joke anyone who dropped Skyy to get AJ McCarron or some NFL team's 3rd string RB.

True story: I dropped Skyy from team 1 in my sig after the 2022 season or just before the 2023 season - I can't remember exactly. It's a little different in that league because we have position limits and keeper limits (20) and I wanted to give myself the chance to add other WRs.

We won't discuss the fact I dropped Skyy only to draft QJ. I think the 7th WR spot on my roster is a cursed seat.
:lol:

My lips are sealed.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:45 pm

Random internet comment, but I love it. :lol:

https://twitter.com/timcities555/status ... 0901168366

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:58 pm

ButtFumbleCity wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:55 pm KC got gifted 15 yards and about 15 seconds. GB was gifted about 40 yards. All 3 some of the worst you'll ever see. Just terrible all around and that crew needs to be held accountable.
Don't forget about the stopping of the clock for the Chiefs, when the WR clearly had his forward momentum stopped in bounds. They got an extra 2 plays out of that one. They were brutal.

Tvols
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Tvols » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:29 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:50 pm KC needs to get some real WRS.
Yep said it couple weeks ago
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:42 am

abloom wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:30 am Let's see, went 5-0 last week. I have clinched playoff spots in all 5 leagues and currently in line to have byes in all 5 leagues.

League#5 I have clinched first round bye and top seed
Leagues 2-4 I can clinch first round bye win a win this week and some high scoring for vps.
League #1 I can clinch a first round bye with a win and with one of two other teams losing.
Disastrous Sunday.
Dell injury really hurt teams #1 and #2.

Team #1 is going to lose and will need to win next week and have another team lose inorder to get a bye.

Team #2 will lose unless McPherson gets zero points. Good news is that the third place team lost also so just need to win next week to get bye

Team #3 this one hurts the most. Went up against a brock deebo stack. My team did fine but with Cooper going out I have a 12 point league with opponent having ETN and Kirk left. Loss here means likely no bye for me.

Team #4 looks good. May actually lock up #1 seed but will have to see results from Monday night (for the 2 vs 3 matchup that's happening) and then wait for Tuesday morning for scores to finalize. I have a 33% chance of being hit by a random, league theme action that could cost me some serious points.

Team #5 already locked up number 1 seed but looks like I could lose the matchup tonight.

I'm really hoping for a game cancellation and replay after Thursday.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:52 am

Does Christian Watson have worse hamstrings than Kadarius Toney? Starting to wonder.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:56 am

abloom wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:42 amDisastrous Sunday.
Dell injury really hurt teams #1 and #2.
Brutal for team 2 in my sig. Lost Dell and Stevenson. Went into week with a chance to move from 2nd in league to 1st, everything aligned correctly during gameday, except those two guys got injured. Now, not only will I not move into 1st, but I might slide backwards out of a bye. Also lost my third QB, Carr, for probably a few weeks. Just brutal.

The good news is Team 1 in my sig continued to roll. Regardless of what happens in week 14, this week 13 (coupled with a loss by the #2 team, and a tiebreaker with the #3 team) win lock up the #1 record in the league and a first round bye.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:23 am

If the NFL ever needed to get a message that something needs to be done with the refs, the way they dropped trou in the last minute of an otherwise outstanding football game on full display of a national audience in prime time with 2 very popular teams ought to do it or nothing will.

Honestly, I don’t understand the degradation of the officiating over the past few years. The league can blame itself with the changing of some important plays to being so much more difficult to call because it puts what are normal football plays into difficult judgment situations. But I also wonder about the officials and where they are coming from. Given the nature of some of these calls, I sincerely wonder how many refs have significant experience in playing/coaching the game so that they would understand the differences in advantage/disadvantage, in incidental or unavoidable contact vs avoidable contact, and how to evaluate sideline plays. I’m not talking about the bang-bang stuff where the difference occurs in the smallest fraction of a second or where a better angle couldn’t have been obtained in time, but rather the pretty blatant stuff that makes some of them look like they just don’t understand the nuances of the game. It sure looked that way last night during that last minute.

ButtFumbleCity
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ButtFumbleCity » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:39 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:23 am If the NFL ever needed to get a message that something needs to be done with the refs, the way they dropped trou in the last minute of an otherwise outstanding football game on full display of a national audience in prime time with 2 very popular teams ought to do it or nothing will.

Honestly, I don’t understand the degradation of the officiating over the past few years. The league can blame itself with the changing of some important plays to being so much more difficult to call because it puts what are normal football plays into difficult judgment situations. But I also wonder about the officials and where they are coming from. Given the nature of some of these calls, I sincerely wonder how many refs have significant experience in playing/coaching the game so that they would understand the differences in advantage/disadvantage, in incidental or unavoidable contact vs avoidable contact, and how to evaluate sideline plays. I’m not talking about the bang-bang stuff where the difference occurs in the smallest fraction of a second or where a better angle couldn’t have been obtained in time, but rather the pretty blatant stuff that makes some of them look like they just don’t understand the nuances of the game. It sure looked that way last night during that last minute.
There's a lot of diversification going on with with refs. While that's good in theory I wonder what type of experience those refs actually have.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:34 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:29 am
They really miss Tyreek.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:36 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:34 am
Tvols wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:29 am
They really miss Tyreek.
They also won a SB without him

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:37 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:23 am If the NFL ever needed to get a message that something needs to be done with the refs, the way they dropped trou in the last minute of an otherwise outstanding football game on full display of a national audience in prime time with 2 very popular teams ought to do it or nothing will.

Nothing will change it. I had the same thought. It's a lot of these safety rules that all are basically split second judgement calls. But that doesn't excuse things like PI that have never been called consistently