Tank Dell versus the field NEW & IMPROVED

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.

Choose top THREE (3) WRs you'd like to roster from this list.

Pittman
6%
Nico
1%
Olave
25%
GWilson
30%
THiggins
3%
Puka
10%
Dell
7%
JSN
1%
Flowers
No votes
London
1%
Devonta
15%

Total votes: 71

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Tank Dell versus the field NEW & IMPROVED

Postby Anteaters » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:25 am

Now that Tank has proven to be better than all those bums (just kidding) in the first debate, I think we should consider where he slots with higher valued young WRs.

Of these young up-and-coming highly-valued WRs, which three would you most want on your dynasty roster right now.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tank Dell versus the field NEW & IMPROVED

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:31 am

For me, he is behind, Wilson, Olave, and D. Smith on value but slots in somewhere right behind them. I still think Higgins is a good young WR, but his value is taking a hit during a rough season. London is overrated and JSN is a wait and see and this was always going to be a lost year for him despite his name value coming in. The sample size is small for Dell, but he has looked really good. Any deal to acquire him will likely take an overpay at this point and I am always a little weary to acquire super high early on a young player even if that means missing out.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:09 am

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:31 am For me, he is behind, Wilson, Olave, and D. Smith on value but slots in somewhere right behind them. I still think Higgins is a good young WR, but his value is taking a hit during a rough season. London is overrated and JSN is a wait and see and this was always going to be a lost year for him despite his name value coming in. The sample size is small for Dell, but he has looked really good. Any deal to acquire him will likely take an overpay at this point and I am always a little weary to acquire super high early on a young player even if that means missing out.
It looks like the votes so far are aligning with your opinion.

Gotta admit I'm a little surprised to see Wilson above Olave (5-4) so far.

It will be interesting to see where opinions put Dell in relation to Devonta, Puka and Higgins. It's interesting to see the mercurial KTC now have Dell above DKM and Diggs, and just behind Devonta, Addison and Puka.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:48 am

I picked GW, Puka, and DeVonta.
Not sure I'd put anyone else above Tank, though I could see Olave tied with Dell.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:09 am

Where’s my boi Addison

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:46 am

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:09 amWhere’s my boi Addison
I don't think he has any chance to truly be an elite fantasy producer but you're right, I should have included him.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:58 am

Anteaters wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:46 am
I don't think he has any chance to truly be an elite fantasy producer but you're right, I should have included him.
Addison would be 2nd only to Puka in total points on this list. Ahead of Dell!

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:54 pm

SoftwoodGrampian wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:58 am
Anteaters wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:46 am
Addison would be 2nd only to Puka in total points on this list. Ahead of Dell!
Agree, Addison has to be on that list, as he is ahead of JSN, Flowers, and Tank as far as rookie WR's go.
In 2023 output, as well as future potential.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:58 am

As someone who has Dell on my team, I was trying to compare him to last year's class and found I would still want Olave and Wilson above him. But if he keeps producing like he has throughout the end of the season I think there is going to be some serious discussion to group him with those guys this summer.

Wilson and Olave are only 1 year younger and although the Dynasty community values youth, it would be hard to ignore Dell's production in comparison. He has a chance to be more productive as a rookie than either of them have been in two years. His situation is obviously better than either of theirs, but this should be factored into his value.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:11 am

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:58 am As someone who has Dell on my team, I was trying to compare him to last year's class and found I would still want Olave and Wilson above him. But if he keeps producing like he has throughout the end of the season I think there is going to be some serious discussion to group him with those guys this summer.

Wilson and Olave are only 1 year younger and although the Dynasty community values youth, it would be hard to ignore Dell's production in comparison. He has a chance to be more productive as a rookie than either of them have been in two years. His situation is obviously better than either of theirs, but this should be factored into his value. Their future potential fuels valuations far above their current production.
Production versus pre-draft ranking (and the infamous eye-test) is something that fascinates me about fantasy football. I don't know if Olave or Wilson will ever have "better" seasons than they've already had, but the consensus seems to be they (and others like Devonta, etc) are only "that far" away from breaking out and being consistent high end WR1s.

Meanwhile, guys like Puka/Dell/etc have to follow up their out-producing the higher valued young WRs again and again to even come close to being valued the same. There is a lot of talk about talent and situation, when I think the conversation should always be about talent AND situation. Always.

It's fascinating to me to see some players be valued at a very high level, while other players who produce similarly (or even better) are valued significantly lower. Polls like this one really help me put a handle on value versus production.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:18 pm

How can anyone here put Dell ahead of Puka, Pittman, and Devonta Smith? On volume alone I would take Pittman and Nacua over Dell. I personally picked Olave, Puka, and Pittman. Wilson would be my close 4th, Nico my 5th, Devonta my 6th, Dell a close 7th. Just me though.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:20 am

Two Cents wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:18 pmHow can anyone here put Dell ahead of Puka, Pittman, and Devonta Smith? On volume alone I would take Pittman and Nacua over Dell. I personally picked Olave, Puka, and Pittman. Wilson would be my close 4th, Nico my 5th, Devonta my 6th, Dell a close 7th. Just me though.
Ignoring whether I disagree with those guys being above Dell, I think volume is an interesting facet regarding WR valuations. I don't think most fantasy managers value volume in the absence of flashy plays and/or double-digit TDs.

I'm with you that volume strongly influences my personal valuation. Like you, I also chose Pittman as one of my three in this poll. The guy is a target hog who delivers on his target% in a way few WRs do. And he does it year after year. Volume is one of the most predictive measures of production, IMO.

No shade on Pittman from me. :thumbup:
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:42 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:20 am
Two Cents wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:18 pmHow can anyone here put Dell ahead of Puka, Pittman, and Devonta Smith? On volume alone I would take Pittman and Nacua over Dell. I personally picked Olave, Puka, and Pittman. Wilson would be my close 4th, Nico my 5th, Devonta my 6th, Dell a close 7th. Just me though.
Ignoring whether I disagree with those guys being above Dell, I think volume is an interesting facet regarding WR valuations. I don't think most fantasy managers value volume in the absence of flashy plays and/or double-digit TDs.

I'm with you that volume strongly influences my personal valuation. Like you, I also chose Pittman as one of my three in this poll. The guy is a target hog who delivers on his target% in a way few WRs do. And he does it year after year. Volume is one of the most predictive measures of production, IMO.

Volume definitely influences my valuation. Pittman, Puka, G.Wilson and Olave all had high target but low TD totals this season (so far). And all of them would be in my top 15 for dynasty WRs. Going a tier (or two) down I like having a guy like D.Johnson on my roster because of the targets - his total is low this season because of all the missed games but he's still a focal point of that anemic passing offense. Give me the high target guys over the Gabe Davis types every day.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:50 am

tstafford wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:42 am
Anteaters wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:20 am

Volume definitely influences my valuation. Pittman, Puka, G.Wilson and Olave all had high target but low TD totals this season (so far). And all of them would be in my top 15 for dynasty WRs. Going a tier (or two) down I like having a guy like D.Johnson on my roster because of the targets - his total is low this season because of all the missed games but he's still a focal point of that anemic passing offense. Give me the high target guys over the Gabe Davis types every day.
Diontae would be a great fantasy play on another NFL team. He'd be perfect for Mahomes or in Dallas to complement CDL. Pittsburgh QBs are his kryptonite.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:13 pm

Curious why you don’t have Aiyuk and Waddle on here?

Just an oversight, or do you see them in a tier above or below this crowd?
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)