Barkley+ for JT?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mzkp54
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Barkley+ for JT?

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:19 pm

16 team empire league.

Reigning champ- if I win the league again this year I win the Empire Pot and the league resets and redrafts from scratch. One caveat is I'm not allowed to trade draft picks as the reigning champ. I'm the top scoring team by 160 points, and 400 points above the 3rd place team, so there's really only one other strong contender in my eyes.

Another owner currently has no QBs. I have a few backups, so trying to think about how I can solidify my chances to lock up a championship.

Would you trade Barkley+ a backup QB for JT? Seems like a small upgrade, but with NY's QB situation I'm a bit nervous about his production. He's getting a ton of volume though so not sure if its actually an upgrade.

RBs get 0.5 PPR and 0.2 PPC

My team:
QB- Burrow, Minshew, Dobbins
RB- CMC, Barkley, Foreman, McLaughlin
WR- Hill, Kupp, Keenan, Puka, Hopkins, Woods, ZJones
TE- Kelce, Everett, Conklin

Thoughts?
12 tm/PPR/SF/TE+/Full IDP (start 11/11)/Contracts
QB- Kyler, TLaw Stafford
RB- Dowdle, Mitchell
WR- JJ, Lamb, ARSB, DJM, Kirk QJ
TE- Engram, Schultz
PK/CB-
DT- Wilkins, Vea
DE- Bosa, Young, Landry Ebukam
LB- Campbell,Speed, Mcfadden, Dodson
S-
1.02, 1.11
3 '25 1sts, 4 '26 1sts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Barkley+ for JT?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:24 pm

I think Barkley has one of the safest workloads in the NFL so as you mentioned, that plays a big factor. I think he and Taylor will score close as the year continues as Taylor does not look as great as he once did. I would base this more on who you would rather have going into next season in case you don't win it all as it's a bit of a toss up this year. Both are solid options.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:45 pm

two trains of thought here on SB... no QB means more workload. No QB means Def stake the box. the question is SB stacked box proof like a Walter Payton? SB is going to get the volume for sure.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

kellysheroes
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby kellysheroes » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:35 am

JT by a lot... NYG is going to rebuild, again while JT will be on a good offense

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:45 am

TheTroll wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:45 pm two trains of thought here on SB... no QB means more workload. No QB means Def stake the box. the question is SB stacked box proof like a Walter Payton? SB is going to get the volume for sure.
Agree with this but would add one element...which would be potential injury. RB is a brutal position, it's even more brutal with heavy volume and no one else for the defense to focus on. "We dare you to throw to...*checks notes*...Darius Slayton, Parris Campbell, and Daniel Bellinger."

My thought as I was reading your post was exactly what Gator said: They're probably mostly the same ROS from a production standpoint, so focus on who you'd rather have in the event you don't win it. Factor in the potential injury risk, and that's JT for me pretty easily if the cost of the swap is minimal

Nice team, good luck