Degenerate
Degenerate

Musgrave worth a late first in non TEP?

Postby Space Cowboy » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:06 pm

What do we think?

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Musgrave worth a late first in non TEP?

Postby Jrblaha » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:10 pm

No.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:02 am

Heck NO!

Probably not in TEP either, though I'd listen to the argument.

The biggest problem I have with GB is I think the team could be headed to a full rebuild after the season. Not a +50% chance yet, but it's possible. And if it happens, who knows if Musgrave remains or what his role will be, or if offensive scheme is radically changed. I'd rather have the TEP late 1st for now.

I thought Musgrave had IT prior to the season, but he's been a big disappointment to me. Either he's not targeted, or Love is tossing him bad throws, or Musgrave drops balls at the worst time. He hasn't impressed me consistently.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:53 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:02 am Heck NO!

The biggest problem I have with GB is I think the team could be headed to a full rebuild after the season. Not a +50% chance yet, but it's possible. And if it happens, who knows if Musgrave remains or what his role will be, or if offensive scheme is radically changed. I'd rather have the TEP late 1st for now.

I thought Musgrave had IT prior to the season, but he's been a big disappointment to me. Either he's not targeted, or Love is tossing him bad throws, or Musgrave drops balls at the worst time. He hasn't impressed me consistently.
GB is smack in the middle of their rebuild right now. They’re the second youngest team in the league behind TB. Their prepping to move forward with all their youth, not jettison them for younger players.

As for Musgrave, his problem is the same as all the current GB receivers. No one right now is head and shoulders above the rest and the offense is designed to spread the ball around. I will say one thing that helps Musgrave is that his blocking has improved significantly. But I can’t see him getting enough opportunity to work his way into being a top 5/6 TE.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:48 am

Jrblaha wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:10 pmNo.
This

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:16 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:53 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:02 am Heck NO!

GB is smack in the middle of their rebuild right now. They’re the second youngest team in the league behind TB. Their prepping to move forward with all their youth, not jettison them for younger players.

As for Musgrave, his problem is the same as all the current GB receivers. No one right now is head and shoulders above the rest and the offense is designed to spread the ball around. I will say one thing that helps Musgrave is that his blocking has improved significantly. But I can’t see him getting enough opportunity to work his way into being a top 5/6 TE.
Musgrave's got the juice but.. that's about it.

Hands are suspect and he looks like a gazelle in headlights when he's tracking the ball down field.

Still young but I don't think elite TE is in the cards for him. We'll see what happens but there's no way I'm sending a 1st for him at the moment.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:51 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:06 pm What do we think?
Did someone reach out to you with this offer? Would they toss a 2nd back with Musgrave or a 3rd perhaps?
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: 1.06, 2.06, 4.06, 5.06, 6.06, 7.06, 8.06

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:20 pm

I own Musgrave, like him a lot - and I'm slamming accept on a 1st.

I think realistically, the price is a late 2nd.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:08 pm

Paul717 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:51 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:06 pm What do we think?
Did someone reach out to you with this offer? Would they toss a 2nd back with Musgrave or a 3rd perhaps?
Yeah, it’s a big offer in a deep league. I didn’t wanna get convulated but here we go…..

16 team full IDP 53 man roster start 22 players

Give: late 2023 round 2, late 2023 round 3 and late 2024 round 1 (I was 13-1 and now 7-2)
Get: J Downs, Musgrave, G Pratt and late 2023 round 5

Downs is who I really want and getting him for a late 2 and 3 (7 round rookie draft) would be a win. Pratt is a nice LB and the fifth I can still find someone nice.

Obviously the issue is the 1 for Musgrave. I have Njoku and basically no one else at TE.

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:29 pm

You're looking at that wrong. Downs for a 1st, Pratt for a 3rd and Musgrave for a 2nd all late. Easy accept with this context...

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:52 pm

Menace2010 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:29 pm You're looking at that wrong. Downs for a 1st, Pratt for a 3rd and Musgrave for a 2nd all late. Easy accept with this context...
Thanks for that that’s helpful.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:54 pm

Not worth a late first in TEP, unless it's 2.0 PPR or better, either.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:32 pm

I think maybe we’re being a little too harsh on Luke. Look how long it takes most tight ends to get going. 3 years? He’s already flashing and it’s not like he doesn’t have the draft capital and insane measurables.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:52 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:32 pm I think maybe we’re being a little too harsh on Luke. Look how long it takes most tight ends to get going. 3 years? He’s already flashing and it’s not like he doesn’t have the draft capital and insane measurables.
I thought that the question was whether he was worth a late first in NON TEP, though? It's not close right now, he's not, and I roster the guy. He's got potential, and has flashed, but he's nowhere near a first yet.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:52 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:32 pm I think maybe we’re being a little too harsh on Luke. Look how long it takes most tight ends to get going. 3 years? He’s already flashing and it’s not like he doesn’t have the draft capital and insane measurables.
I thought that the question was whether he was worth a late first in NON TEP, though? It's not close right now, he's not, and I roster the guy. He's got potential, and has flashed, but he's nowhere near a first yet.
I agree but there seemed to be talk earlier in this thread about him being a guy who won’t put it together and has been erratic.

His offense is dysfunctional and he didn’t even play his last year in college. Maybe it’s LaPorta looking like an A lister rookie of the year but Musgrave has shown really nice open field ability and he’s a big in-line body. Plenty capable of TE1 by year 2.