Will Levis Overreaction Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Will Levis Week 8 Overreaction Thread

Postby yinzername » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:31 am

yeah not falling flat on his face in what could have been a huge "crash to earth" spot, @Pgh in prime time, leading scoring drives, holding a lead for a lot of the game, making a few plays, mostly protecting the ball until yolo time

sustaining value, i'll take it
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:38 am

yinzername wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:31 am yeah not falling flat on his face in what could have been a huge "crash to earth" spot, @Pgh in prime time, leading scoring drives, holding a lead for a lot of the game, making a few plays, mostly protecting the ball until yolo time

I didn't see the game.

But I'm happy to play against Levis in 2 leagues where my opponent started him, both SF and 1QB.
Pretty sure my opponents thinks he fell flat on his face :D

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:48 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:58 am That interception at the end was bad. I get he had to throw a Hail Mary with the clock winding down, but he had two other receivers coming open in the end zone, and he threw it to the guy who was double teamed. He also had another opportunity to score right before the Henry TD, but he didn’t see Hopkins getting open.
The last one wasn't the worst thing. I would've preferred to see him try and hit Ikhine as his target wasn't open at all, but he also had a few worse throws that weren't against Prevent D that should've been INT

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:50 am

trc wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:38 am
yinzername wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:31 am yeah not falling flat on his face in what could have been a huge "crash to earth" spot, @Pgh in prime time, leading scoring drives, holding a lead for a lot of the game, making a few plays, mostly protecting the ball until yolo time

I didn't see the game.

But I'm happy to play against Levis in 2 leagues where my opponent started him, both SF and 1QB.
are your opponents competitive this year? with the league wide issues at QB right now, and byes for guys like Purdy/Goff/TLaw I could see the SF team needing to start Levis. in a 1QB, yikes, hope he's a rebuilder

And any rebuilder with Levis stock has to feel pretty ok about it thru two starts.

My Levis stock is on my rebuilder that i just tore down at the deadline last season. Got Levis with the 1.11 and was happy with getting any kind of QB out of that draft. My aim is still for Caleb this upcoming draft. But with Levis, yeah not puking on his shoes is great. I don't need him to come out and throw 4tds every week and ruin my shot at the 1.01, but I don't want him to be a sunk cost '23 1st round pick.

so I'm good with it
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:51 am

frerichs5 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:20 am I thought he made some really good throws to show what kind of arm talent he has. Also some bad throws.

All in all, for his 2nd career start, on the road, on a short week…combine with a banged up OL and a good pass rush…I thought he did pretty well for himself.

I’m not ready to completely buy in yet, but he’s exceeded my expectations so far (although they were admittedly low).
That's pretty much where I'm at. It's also looking pretty likely that I will have zero shares of Billy Jeans.

Never bought in during rookie season, and now I either don't need him or don't have the picks it would take to acquire him in my 4 leagues. I'll be watching from afar, unless a buying opportunity presents itself

He looked competent. A few questionable decisions, but that was expected. Still a little concerned about the lack of touch he appears to have. It seems to be fastball or nothing. I also think tonight looks a lot different had some of those turnover-worthy throws been caught by the defense

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:56 am

yinzername wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:50 am
trc wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:38 am

I didn't see the game.

are your opponents competitive this year? with the league wide issues at QB right now, and byes for guys like Purdy/Goff/TLaw I could see the SF team needing to start Levis. in a 1QB, yikes, hope he's a rebuilder

And any rebuilder with Levis stock has to feel pretty ok about it thru two starts.

My Levis stock is on my rebuilder that i just tore down at the deadline last season. Got Levis with the 1.11 and was happy with getting any kind of QB out of that draft. My aim is still for Caleb this upcoming draft. But with Levis, yeah not puking on his shoes is great. I don't need him to come out and throw 4tds every week and ruin my shot at the 1.01, but I don't want him to be a sunk cost '23 1st round pick.

so I'm good with it
The 1 QB team is a contender... The SF team is a pretender.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:57 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:51 am
frerichs5 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:20 am I thought he made some really good throws to show what kind of arm talent he has. Also some bad throws.

All in all, for his 2nd career start, on the road, on a short week…combine with a banged up OL and a good pass rush…I thought he did pretty well for himself.

I’m not ready to completely buy in yet, but he’s exceeded my expectations so far (although they were admittedly low).
That's pretty much where I'm at. It's also looking pretty likely that I will have zero shares of Billy Jeans.

Never bought in during rookie season, and now I either don't need him or don't have the picks it would take to acquire him in my 4 leagues. I'll be watching from afar, unless a buying opportunity presents itself

He looked competent. A few questionable decisions, but that was expected. Still a little concerned about the lack of touch he appears to have. It seems to be fastball or nothing. I also think tonight looks a lot different had some of those turnover-worthy throws been caught by the defense
The arm talent is crazy here. I think he's showed good touch on a handful of throws. I expected Kaepernick like fastballs every single play, but he has been putting touch on a bit of passes to my surprise. He was also under major pressure all game and it was comical watching all of his OL drop every other play.

He was really cooking before the half and that pass to Spears should've been a TD. He will learn that he can't lock into Hopkins and throw these sideline balls where the WR has no leverage, but he also has limited weapons outside of him. Might see more O-ko-no-kwo as Herb called him all night.

I agree at the end of the game he was forcing a lot and I am a little concerned about the vision as there were a few throws where a defender was right there for the INT

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:39 am

BabyChark23 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:19 pm
abloom wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:03 pm Bad news Levis fans. In my only 1 QB league I picked up Levis last night.

QBs on roster: Murray, Richardson, fields, Pickett and now Levis.

I'm not saying he will get injured, I'm just saying if he doesn't it would greatly surprise me.
He had some injury issues in college as well…

On a different note, heard some talking heads say that only one other rookie QB has ever had 4 TDs and zero interceptions in their NFL debut. That rookie was Marcus Mariota, who was also on the Titans and also wore #8.
You must not be listening to the right talking heads!

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask?q=what ... t+nfl+game

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:51 am

BlackOmega wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:39 am
abloom wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:03 pm Bad news Levis fans. In my only 1 QB league I picked up Levis last night.

QBs on roster: Murray, Richardson, fields, Pickett and now Levis.

I'm not saying he will get injured, I'm just saying if he doesn't it would greatly surprise me.

On a different note, heard some talking heads say that only one other rookie QB has ever had 4 TDs and zero interceptions in their NFL debut. That rookie was Marcus Mariota, who was also on the Titans and also wore #8.

Pre-Super Bowl era, doesn’t count.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:06 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:51 am

That was in the Super Bowl era, young BabbyChark23.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:32 pm

Levis is going to be a legit NFL QB.

It is obvious the game isn't too big for him. He has arm talent and looks to really enjoy the game. Nice to see rookies play fearless especially with an O line that is in constant shuffle mode.

Remains to be seen how he does in fantasy in the near future but once he learns the NFL game, the days of 8-9 in the box will be over.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:35 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:06 pm

That was in the Super Bowl era, young BabbyChark23.
Link you sent said he was a rookie in 1961. First Superbowl was 1967.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:11 pm

I've learned you need to give it a few games after a few games. Wait until teams have some pro tape on him, and then build Defensive game plans vs his tendencies. He's looked good at times, for sure, but it's too early to tell much.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:25 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:35 pm
Hottoddies wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:06 pm

That was in the Super Bowl era, young BabyChark23.
Link you sent said he was a rookie in 1961. First Superbowl was 1967.
My bad. I just assumed that since Fran Tarkenton played the majority of his career (13 out of 18 years) during the Super Bowl era that that is when it happened. I guess I should do a bit of research before I open my mouth. Never mind.

P.S. I wasn't the one who sent you a link.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:53 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:11 pm I've learned you need to give it a few games after a few games. Wait until teams have some pro tape on him, and then build Defensive game plans vs his tendencies. He's looked good at times, for sure, but it's too early to tell much.
Can't argue with this. I think it's early to tell.

Another thing for folks to consider - before he got hurt at KY Levis ran the ball the a lot. He's very mobile. If the Titans let him run a bit his production obviously goes up. I kind of wonder what the ceiling is if he doesn't run much. The Titans are a low volume passing offense with only one legit weapon (D.Hop). Sounds like QB15 at best. Fine in SF but not all that important in 1QB.