Will Levis Overreaction Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Will Levis Overreaction Thread

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:51 pm

Starting a thread because I can’t be the only one who wants more discussion on this.

So, I didn’t see the game, but he had a really good stat line on my bench. Is someone who watched the game able to comment? How did he look? My gut instinct is to throw him on the trade block and hope for someone in my league to overreact, but is he actually good?
Last edited by BabyChark23 on Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Will Levis Week 8 Overreaction Thread

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:54 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:51 pm Starting a thread because I can’t be the only one who wants more discussion on this.

So, I didn’t see the game, but he had a really good stat line on my bench. Is someone who watched the game able to comment? How did he look? My gut instinct is to throw him on the trade block and hope for someone in my league to overreact, but is he actually good?
It looks like his 2021 film was, indeed, more indicative of his ability than his 2022 tape.

Still gotta see more before we can tell if he's "good" or not but the talent was always there and he did a good job of avoiding bad plays this game. We'll see where he goes from here but I'd be cautiously optimistic.
Last edited by Sriracha on Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:55 pm

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:03 pm

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:04 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:55 pm Image
:lol: :lol: Trade block it is…

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:23 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:55 pm Image

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:44 pm

I watched the game. My takes:
- He got more time in the pocket than the TEN OL usually provides
- He nailed long throws that resulted in scores
- He was let down by drops by both Burks and Chig. Chig's drop was absolutely atrocious and killed a drive
- He clearly got confident and built off that

He's going to get several more weeks as the QB1. That's good in that he'll get practice reps. It's bad in that the film will be out there now.

He's obviously owned in all SF leagues. I can't imagine that he could be bought for a 2nd at this point so there's probably no action item here other than to hold if you own him.

Let's remember Jordan Love put up similar stat lines early this season and has fallen off precipitously.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:00 pm

tstafford wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:44 pm I watched the game. My takes:
- He got more time in the pocket than the TEN OL usually provides
- He nailed long throws that resulted in scores
- He was let down by drops by both Burks and Chig. Chig's drop was absolutely atrocious and killed a drive
- He clearly got confident and built off that

He's going to get several more weeks as the QB1. That's good in that he'll get practice reps. It's bad in that the film will be out there now.

He's obviously owned in all SF leagues. I can't imagine that he could be bought for a 2nd at this point so there's probably no action item here other than to hold if you own him.

Let's remember Jordan Love put up similar stat lines early this season and has fallen off precipitously.
Agreed that there is no sense trying to buy at this point. But what price what induce you to sell, in say, a 12 team 2QB format? A mid 1st?

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:04 pm

BabyChark23 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:00 pm Agreed that there is no sense trying to buy at this point. But what price what induce you to sell, in say, a 12 team 2QB format? A mid 1st?
Depends on the league. But yeah, I own him in one SF league where other owners are cheap about QBs and would take that. Generally he was an early second, so upgrading to a mid-first on one good game is a decent flip. I think he's worth whatever Jordan Love is worth. Right now that feels like a good comp.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:10 pm

Gotta say, the refs let Hopkins get away with some of the most insane OPI I've seen in a minute on those long bombs.

Fair play to them for helping make an otherwise game watchable, and letting D-Hop turn back the clock. They're right that that's more fun.

Its quite possible that the whistle isn't quite as kind next game out - but good for Levis, for sure.

bcap88
Rookie
Rookie

Postby bcap88 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:27 am

mild wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:10 pm Gotta say, the refs let Hopkins get away with some of the most insane OPI I've seen in a minute on those long bombs.

Fair play to them for helping make an otherwise game watchable, and letting D-Hop turn back the clock. They're right that that's more fun.

Its quite possible that the whistle isn't quite as kind next game out - but good for Levis, for sure.
Lol take the first “OPI” td away from Hopkins away and you still have a 3 td day for Levis

That throw he made on his fourth touchdown pass was un real
12 Team 1qb ppr 6 pt tds

QB:Mahomes,Stafford,
RB:Bijan,Gibbs,javonte Williams,Hubbard, Aaron jones,gainwell
WR:Higgins,London,aiyuk,Jsn
TE:Goedert,Fant
Taxi:Austin,pierce,Phillips,okonkwo,Washington,Jarrett,tucker, hooker

2025,2026 two first round picks in both years

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:34 pm

He looks good. Was pretty comfortable back there and we know he can sling it with ease. Just go look at that last TD of the day. He's on the 45, outside the opposite hash and throws it 50+ off his backfoot with 2 defenders closing in.

Lots of screens and checkdowns in this game, which is fine, they won the game. Just needs some touch/better placement at times and I would like to see more intermediate throws not end up underthrown. Otherwise, that was a very solid outing. Willis is toast as should be Tannehill. Might as well play Levis rest of season and get a good evaluation on him before deciding on the future.

Someone mentioned it regarding Henry, but I think it was smart to hold him if there were no good offers. Give Levis a few weapons to get a proper look at him. You could do worse than Henry/Spears and Hopkins/Burks/Chig

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:52 am

tstafford wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:44 pm
After a solid post Why did you flip and start Hating on him? :D
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:05 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:52 am
tstafford wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:44 pm
After a solid post Why did you flip and start Hating on him? :D
https://twitter.com/LukeBraunNFL/status ... 4907754923

There's a lot of talent in this offense.. but the lack of veteran leadership really shows. These kinds of weird plays are not unusual for the packers.

They've also made a significant effort to have Love play within structure the last few weeks and this offense is just not executing to the point where that is the higher EV play. Maybe it's better in the long term but Love is a lot more dangerous when they take off the training wheels and let him play like a gunslinger.

I don't see Levis suffering from the same issues on a veteran team with a true #1 WR and a run game that supports him.

I doubt he looks this good the rest of the season as he had more than a few warts coming out of college and it's unfair to expect him to have cleaned all that up this early into his NFL career but he won't suffer from the same dysfunctional offense.

Edit: wrong link :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:29 pm

bcap88 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:27 am Lol take the first “OPI” td away from Hopkins away and you still have a 3 td day for Levis

That throw he made on his fourth touchdown pass was un real
Great throws on all of the deep bombs, for sure. We always knew he had a cannon, it's the best thing about his game, and it looks to have translated to the NFL level. That absolutely rules, I am always here for more trebuchet QB play.

Maybe he can continue living that way, and only hitting deep 70 yard bombs. It's typically not sustainable, though. This is a VERY abnormal chart:

I'm absolutely fascinated to see more of this guy. He's unquestionably the most interesting QB in TEN right now.

Plenty to love, still a lot to question. Fun player.