Major trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Krissi24
Role Player
Role Player

Major trade

Postby Krissi24 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:00 pm

0,5 PPR Starting QB, 2RB, 4WR, TE, FLEX

My Starters:
QB: Josh Allen, Russ
RB: CMC, Ekeler, Ford, Conner (Also have Chubb)
WR: Diggs, Kupp, Thielen, Amari Cooper, Evans, Michael Thomas
TE: Andrews, Otton, Knox

It is my home league (running for 6 years) and we will continue to play this league for many years to come.

Got approached by one of the other owners who wants CMC and Diggs.
I am currently on top of my division with a 6-1 record and heading in to PO for sure.

I give:
CMC
Diggs

I get:
Ridley
Devonta Smith
Jacobs
25 1st (Most likely top 4)
26 1st

I know that this will hurt my chances this year big time, but I feel like I will be getting a lot of pieces for the future.
Is the value good on my side and should I make the trade?

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Re: Major trade

Postby ESKAY » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:14 pm

This year is the last chance for that team. You are a contender for sure right now. I do t know if anyone has ever went into a rebuild at 6-1. I wish the picks were 24-25 instead of 25-26. Do you still have all your picks this year? And if you do the deal you might as well shop Ekeler and Kupp too.

BellCow
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BellCow » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:31 pm

Don't like getting Ridley but I love the idea of shedding points for value once you've gotten a big head start. I've done it a few times in the past and has been wildly successful in building juggernauts. Even the best teams have less than a 50% chance of winning it all so "all in" is suboptimal imo

Do they not have a 24 1st?

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:35 pm

pass for me. Feel like you’re getting a little too cute here trying to contend and play for the future. Trading your best 2 players away when you’re the favorite isn’t a move I’d make. I do understand trying to play for the future but:
1) you make this move you aren’t a strong contender anymore, sure you’d have a chance but significantly crushes chances.
2) you could contend this year and make moves like this in off-season/early next year.

Personally I’m running this team into the ground and trying to win this year and next.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:47 pm

Have to pass. With you being a top team and trying to win a title, moving CMC and Diggs now does not make any sense and really hurts your team. All three of the actual players you are bringing in could rebound but where we are right now, they have all been big disappointments this season. Why make this deal from your side? Keep rolling your top end build and hope to land the title!

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:59 pm

I would love for him to try and win the title this year but look at this aging team and depreciating assets
Diggs
Kupp
Thielan
Evans
M. Thomas
Ekeler
Conner
Chubb
He may win it all this year but if he doesn’t he should name his team AARP. The value of all these guys is going down after this year. I didn’t mention CMC because he still has a ton of value. OP is smart enough to at least think about it.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:04 pm

ESKAY wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:59 pm I would love for him to try and win the title this year but look at this aging team and depreciating assets
Diggs
Kupp
Thielan
Evans
M. Thomas
Ekeler
Conner
Chubb
He may win it all this year but if he doesn’t he should name his team AARP. The value of all these guys is going down after this year. I didn’t mention CMC because he still has a ton of value. OP is smart enough to at least think about it.
OP, if you do go this route and make the deal...blow it up all the way.

Krissi24
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Krissi24 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:12 pm

Thanks guys!!
Really appreciate it.
I find this one SO hard and I know that there is properly no right or wrong answers, but different opinions.

In regards to the two 1st rounds in 25 and 26, will it make any difference that our league will be switching to SF after the 2026 season?? Forgot to mention it.