Legend
Legend

Re: Week 8 Discussion

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:31 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:29 pm
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:24 pm
ButtFumbleCity wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:17 pm

LMAO this is so silly
Royce Freeman is a roster clogger. He will never be worth a 2nd round pick(watch me be wrong this season). But QJ will gain back value either ROS or off season hype.
Ahh the Skyy Moore route.

Just remember to not fall for the hype, yourself.

Traded my lone share of Skyy for Trey McBride and 2nd the moment people bought into the "Reid doesn't use rookie receivers" fable.
I’ll be the one trying to off load my shares. But, yes, you are correct
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:30 pm
Lumps wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:12 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:37 pm

Team will be overhauled when Rivera is fired. He's a placeholder, but he may have another year.
I’d like to think that EB gets it when Rivera is fired.

Howell’s stats, metrics, and PFF grade outside of the sacks have all pointed to an above average QB. He makes good reads, will take hits (obviously too many), and throws well down the field.

Everyone needs to remember this is still effectively his rookie year of starting games.
Sure. Good hill to climb on. You might die on it, though. EB, as some call him, is an interesting coach, he has a lot going for him and, some warts. I doubt he's the next HC, but maybe he will be. Regardless, Howell has some warts, too, you've marked some things, you think, are positive, and that's fine. What I am saying, is that this in NEW ownership, they will be looking to hire their own people, and this ownership did not, in fact, hire Bienemy, who has a a shady past. New ownership, taking over from ownership, from a shady owner, I wouldn't be surprised if they just cleaned house next year.

I am thinking it's a low chance that Bienemy, who has been passed over countless times for a HC position, woud be hired on as the HC on a bad team, to pair with the 5th round rookie QB the old ownership drafted. I am thinking that once the new ownership hires a HC, that they would tell him they had to keep Bienemy on, as OC, for their first ever, appointed HC.

Howell is an extremely high risk, volatile assett, right now.
Agreed, but he's also an intriguing asset right now.

WSH is a good situation with a plethora of receiving talent to work with and he's been producing.

I have no idea if you can really trade for him, as I doubt anyone's willing to give a 1st for him and you'd probably rather wait and see what you have in him for a 2nd.

I'm probably avoiding the situation if the historic sack percentage is a continued trend, though. Sacks are just too detrimental to drives and the QBs that can't avoid them are either escape artists like Big Ben and Russel Wilson that make up for them with big plays or QBs that are not long for a starting job... and Howell doesn't seem like the overly elusive type

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:15 pm

BTW, now that Taysom Hill is catching hard throws as a WR, he's kind of fun, now that they aren't playing him at QB. They need to play him at HB, I still think his skill set can go beyond this. Play him at HB with Carr, and do a toss sweep where he can run or pass, on a high low option, outside the pocket, for instance. Dude is a football player, he's fun. Use it while it lasts, it's short lived, the way he plays, and his age.

Good example perhaps, of how work load wears down RB's. Taysom looks spry, for his age, because he really hasn't had a work load, even close to a lead back by age 24, for example. The realities of age matter, but couple that with 300 touches for 3-4 years, instead of handing that out over an entire career, or not even close to that over an entire career, actually, you can see why he runs this way at that age a bit more. :lol:

Seriously though. Carr in shotgun. Taysom at HB. Even get bonkers on some plays. Carr in Shotgun, Taysom on one side, Kamara on the other. A shotgun style of "pro set". Some cool and whacky plays that aren't really that hard to actually pull off in terms of logistics, but could throw a D completely off. Especially considering you know you could count on Taysom to be a lead blocker on a run play from that formation for AK.

They could also both run flat routes to spread LB's thin, and you could maybe hit one in the flat, OR, it's just a decoy to draw LB's out to hit a slant to Olave. I mean, they really haven't maxed out his abilty yet, and with all this stuff, he could always, possibly throw the ball, just not from behind center, as much.

You have 2 guys in Kamara and Hill, that can work out of the backfield with different skill sets, a really creative OC would be doing some really awesome stuff with that, start them off on either side of the QB, motion one out sometimes from that set, etc etc etc....not to say today didn't work, of course. Just that there is more under the hood, IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:43 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:15 pm BTW, now that Taysom Hill is catching hard throws as a WR, he's kind of fun, now that they aren't playing him at QB. They need to play him at HB, I still think his skill set can go beyond this. Play him at HB with Carr, and do a toss sweep where he can run or pass, on a high low option, outside the pocket, for instance. Dude is a football player, he's fun. Use it while it lasts, it's short lived, the way he plays, and his age.

Good example perhaps, of how work load wears down RB's. Taysom looks spry, for his age, because he really hasn't had a work load, even close to a lead back by age 24, for example. The realities of age matter, but couple that with 300 touches for 3-4 years, instead of handing that out over an entire career, or not even close to that over an entire career, actually, you can see why he runs this way at that age a bit more. :lol:

Seriously though. Carr in shotgun. Taysom at HB. Even get bonkers on some plays. Carr in Shotgun, Taysom on one side, Kamara on the other. A shotgun style of "pro set". Some cool and whacky plays that aren't really that hard to actually pull off in terms of logistics, but could throw a D completely off. Especially considering you know you could count on Taysom to be a lead blocker on a run play from that formation for AK.

They could also both run flat routes to spread LB's thin, and you could maybe hit one in the flat, OR, it's just a decoy to draw LB's out to hit a slant to Olave. I mean, they really haven't maxed out his abilty yet, and with all this stuff, he could always, possibly throw the ball, just not from behind center, as much.

You have 2 guys in Kamara and Hill, that can work out of the backfield with different skill sets, a really creative OC would be doing some really awesome stuff with that, start them off on either side of the QB, motion one out sometimes from that set, etc etc etc....not to say today didn't work, of course. Just that there is more under the hood, IMO.
I’ve always thought having double qbs would be interesting. Imagine a couple guys like Hurts and Hill in the backfield. The potential number of plays would be unbelievable. Options, runs, pitch a sweep and then throw. Would be fun to watch for awhile anyway. Eventually might be cost prohibitive to pay two qbs.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:50 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:43 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:15 pm BTW, now that Taysom Hill is catching hard throws as a WR, he's kind of fun, now that they aren't playing him at QB. They need to play him at HB, I still think his skill set can go beyond this. Play him at HB with Carr, and do a toss sweep where he can run or pass, on a high low option, outside the pocket, for instance. Dude is a football player, he's fun. Use it while it lasts, it's short lived, the way he plays, and his age.

I’ve always thought having double qbs would be interesting. Imagine a couple guys like Hurts and Hill in the backfield. The potential number of plays would be unbelievable. Options, runs, pitch a sweep and then throw. Would be fun to watch for awhile anyway. Eventually might be cost prohibitive to pay two qbs.
For real. Lots of ideas to use. I mean, I would even have plays implemented for "post sack', if I were an OC. Say it's a first down, you call a pass play in 11 personnel. It's of course planned, all the offense knows it, and that it's "signal" after a sack. You use it, when, if you get sacked, and the defender who runs 10 yards further behind the LOS to celebrate is oblivious, the QB is instructed to give the ball to ref, hurry up style, and you always have the next play called, for that play you got sacked on, assuming it's about a 7-8 yard loss. You get up to the LOS and call run it, maybe they get back in time, but don't have the time to call a defensive formation, or are confused, or have to call a timeout, or you get a free play because he's still dancing and you are ready to go.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:05 am

Have we seen the last of Mostert as a high end RB? We kind of knew that day would come. Lighter workload, less efficient and zero passing game involvement. Flex at best from now on?

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:23 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:05 am Have we seen the last of Mostert as a high end RB? We kind of knew that day would come. Lighter workload, less efficient and zero passing game involvement. Flex at best from now on?
Only one game left until Achane is expected to return and further muddy that backfield. Mostert still got 13 carries and ran 24 routes (according to PFF), so the time on the field/potential opportunity was there.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:15 am

What do you mean "we kind of knew that day would come"? If you think the return of Achane knocks him down to a flex due to being in a time share that's fine, but he had 34 points 2 weeks ago. Not sure anything has really changed since then.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:30 am

I didn’t watch the games yesterday, but I find it very impressive that the Giants only had seven net passing yards. For the whole game. Is that a record?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:51 am

jordanzs wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:30 am I didn’t watch the games yesterday, but I find it very impressive that the Giants only had seven net passing yards. For the whole game. Is that a record?
DEN with Kendall Hinton

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:10 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:51 am
jordanzs wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:30 am I didn’t watch the games yesterday, but I find it very impressive that the Giants only had seven net passing yards. For the whole game. Is that a record?
DEN with Kendall Hinton
Even he threw for 13. :lol:

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:23 pm

Taysom Hill is what Tim Tebow really should have been. Tell me Im wrong.....
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:24 pm

It looks like it's 9th fewest since at least 1950, and the fewest since the Titans had -7 in a 59-0 loss to the Pats in 2009.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:39 pm

hoos89 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:24 pm
It looks like it's 9th fewest since at least 1950, and the fewest since the Titans had -7 in a 59-0 loss to the Pats in 2009.
I had to look this up. Haha. Vince Young 0/2, 0 yards. Kerry Collins 2/12 for -7.

Somehow CJ2K still went for 128 on 17 rushes.

Nate Washington 1 catch for -22. Can’t remember what happened there lol

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:42 pm

Two Cents wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:23 pm Taysom Hill is what Tim Tebow really should have been. Tell me Im wrong.....
I mean if Tebow had talent sure.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07