Derrick Henry

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Derrick Henry

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:44 am

Where are we on Henry? In a few of my websites I'm being told to bench him behind players like Jaobs, Kamara, Lamb, Diggs, Olave, and Puka. Are we worried about Spears? Thoughts? I am trying to move him for a younger RB as we speak. Thoughts? (I didn't see a dedicated thread so if there is one, please post it).

Thanks!
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Derrick Henry

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:58 am

Spears has outsnapped Henry in 3/6 games, so he is eating into his work a little, but Henry is still out touching him by a lot.

Henry is on pace for 1500 yards and you have to think his 3 TD positively regress.

The CLE game was tough sledding, but he has been startable every other week. Take a look at his schedule down the stretch as well. JAX, CAR, IND, MIA, HOU, SEA, HOU. I think he's got a very favorable end of year schedule, especially 2 games vs HOU in fantasy playoffs.

The main concern would be TEN being 3-10 by that point and them shutting him down in favor of more Spears. I like the rushing matchups, but I don't see them winning many games outside of CAR and maybe 1 of PIT/TB

As far as your team goes, I am starting Kamara and then looking at matchups for Jacobs/Henry

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:05 am

TEN has said they'd explore trading him to a contender. Not sure there's any truth to it, but definitely something to factor in.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:45 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:58 am Spears has outsnapped Henry in 3/6 games, so he is eating into his work a little, but Henry is still out touching him by a lot.

Henry is on pace for 1500 yards and you have to think his 3 TD positively regress.

The CLE game was tough sledding, but he has been startable every other week. Take a look at his schedule down the stretch as well. JAX, CAR, IND, MIA, HOU, SEA, HOU. I think he's got a very favorable end of year schedule, especially 2 games vs HOU in fantasy playoffs.

The main concern would be TEN being 3-10 by that point and them shutting him down in favor of more Spears. I like the rushing matchups, but I don't see them winning many games outside of CAR and maybe 1 of PIT/TB

As far as your team goes, I am starting Kamara and then looking at matchups for Jacobs/Henry
Thanks. Yeah, Jacobs has been inconsistent too.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:45 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:05 am TEN has said they'd explore trading him to a contender. Not sure there's any truth to it, but definitely something to factor in.
Interesting.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:36 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:05 am TEN has said they'd explore trading him to a contender. Not sure there's any truth to it, but definitely something to factor in.
Well did they say it or not? If they said it, why wouldn't you believe it?

It seems logical TEN would be interested in trading him, I think it will be harder to find a team that needs a RB and wants to pay him and trade draft capital for him. Henry has been a big part of their team for awhile now. I think if TEN keeps him, he will continue to get his carries to help his Hall of Fame standing.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:45 pm

remedy29 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:36 pm
Well did they say it or not? If they said it, why wouldn't you believe it?

It seems logical TEN would be interested in trading him, I think it will be harder to find a team that needs a RB and wants to pay him and trade draft capital for him. Henry has been a big part of their team for awhile now. I think if TEN keeps him, he will continue to get his carries to help his Hall of Fame standing.
Just because they said it doesn't mean they'll actually follow through. What TEN WANTS for him and what they'd GET are two different things. At that point you just hold and keep whatever fan morale you might have left.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:52 pm

Trade deadline is a week from today, so there's not long to wait.

Titans just traded Kevin Byard to the Eagles, which definitely indicates they might be open to dealing more veterans. It sounds like Tanny is going to be out for some time.

Derrick Henry to the Ravens would be the one to watch in my opinion...

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:22 pm

I'm riding and starting him until the wheels fall off....

if my team sucked, i would be looking to flip him for high level draft capital.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:27 pm

Henry is from Jacksonville. I doubt it would happen and it would piss off fantasy owners, but boy I’d love it as a Jags fan
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:11 pm

81- wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:22 pm I'm riding and starting him until the wheels fall off....

if my team sucked, i would be looking to flip him for high level draft capital.
That's my usual approach. But I am trying to get younger at RB (Bijan) and have a lot of depth at WR. IDK if Henry + Downs + 2024 1st (late) will be enough, but seeing what the owner says. Feels light.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:13 pm

Henry to Cleveland, Henry to Buffalo, Henry to the Chiefs ( :crazy: ), Henry to the Chargers to be the boom to Ekeler's bang??, Henry to Chicago or Houston (both backfields seem crowded but have been underwhelming and those franchises are definitely NOT tanking), Henry to the Rams, Henry to Tampa

Also, insert Saquon in those possible spots and I'd be thrilled.

But probably neither will get moved
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:26 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:13 pm Henry to Cleveland, Henry to Buffalo, Henry to the Chiefs ( :crazy: ), Henry to the Chargers to be the boom to Ekeler's bang??, Henry to Chicago or Houston (both backfields seem crowded but have been underwhelming and those franchises are definitely NOT tanking), Henry to the Rams, Henry to Tampa

This Baltimore erasure will not stand. :snooty:

That's the Playoff team that could most use the RB help imo. All those other contenders ostensibly "have a guy"

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:32 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:26 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:13 pm Henry to Cleveland, Henry to Buffalo, Henry to the Chiefs ( :crazy: ), Henry to the Chargers to be the boom to Ekeler's bang??, Henry to Chicago or Houston (both backfields seem crowded but have been underwhelming and those franchises are definitely NOT tanking), Henry to the Rams, Henry to Tampa

This Baltimore erasure will not stand. :snooty:

That's the Playoff team that could most use the RB help imo. All those other contenders ostensibly "have a guy"
My bad I thought they were the 2nd team I included after Cleveland! Yes, I'd love to see them add a Henry or Saquon
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:46 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:52 pm
Trade deadline is a week from today, so there's not long to wait.

Titans just traded Kevin Byard to the Eagles, which definitely indicates they might be open to dealing more veterans. It sounds like Tanny is going to be out for some time.

Derrick Henry to the Ravens would be the one to watch in my opinion...
:pray: