Week 7 Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ButtFumbleCity
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Week 7 Discussion

Postby ButtFumbleCity » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:12 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:31 pm Never thought I'd say this, but outside of the Lions, the NFC North is awful.
Outside of PHI and SF the entire NFC is pretty bad compared to the AFC. 2-10 the past two weeks against the AFC. Even PHI and SF lost their games against the AFC and the Lions got absolutely dismantled by the Ravens.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:37 pm

ButtFumbleCity wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:12 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:31 pm Never thought I'd say this, but outside of the Lions, the NFC North is awful.
Outside of PHI and SF the entire NFC is pretty bad compared to the AFC. 2-10 the past two weeks against the AFC. Even PHI and SF lost their games against the AFC and the Lions got absolutely dismantled by the Ravens.
I was thinking the exact same thing this afternoon. In fact, it had me believing that the Dolphins were going to go into Philly and get it done.

So far, it doesn't look like that's happening though... :?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:38 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:37 pm
ButtFumbleCity wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:12 pm
I was thinking the exact same thing this afternoon. In fact, it had me believing that the Dolphins were going to go into Philly and get it done.

So far, it doesn't look like that's happening though... :?
This isn't new. We've known the NFC is a joke for a while, no? I mean, every year can yield some surprises, but this is stock. Playing at home in the NFL is a big advantage, though, and with injuries, and hot streaks, the NFL itself is a bit streaky, BUT the AFC has been the much stronger conference for a bit now, I think, and we all knew that right? Or am I wrong?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:02 pm

I thought about trying to tier down from AJB this off season. “He put up big numbers. Probably can’t replicate that. Let’s sell high.”

Dude is a monster.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:15 pm

Lumps wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:02 pm I thought about trying to tier down from AJB this off season. “He put up big numbers. Probably can’t replicate that. Let’s sell high.”

Dude is a monster.
Yeah he’s a beast. If it weren’t for age/injuries, he’d be in the JJ/Chase tier

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:21 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:15 pm
Lumps wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:02 pm I thought about trying to tier down from AJB this off season. “He put up big numbers. Probably can’t replicate that. Let’s sell high.”

Dude is a monster.
Yeah he’s a beast. If it weren’t for age/injuries, he’d be in the JJ/Chase tier
He always was. He was my 1.01 in that class from his sophomore year, basically. RB's etc push up value, and they get drafted higher, sometimes, but he was my top player. It was so obvious. He was a star. I got him after 4? weeks of his rookie year, in one league, for James Conner, who had sucked, but went off vs a bad Bengals D, and I had pre-planned to make this offer to that owner, who needed RB help.

Another owner posted on the public league chat on Group me, after I sent James Conner for AJB. "Is Conner out for the year?" I screen shotted it, and posted it at the end of the year. I almost never do something like that, but hey, you want to be Mr. Know it all? I have a plan, I see the long term upside of this, let's see how it plays out, and I simply reminded him.

Needless to say, he backtracked a nice word salad. :lol:

I have my fair share of misses, AJB was not one of them. I saw it from his sophomore season on, that he was going to be really good NFL WR.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:29 pm

Downs coming on strong. Are we starting him now? What position—WR3?
Ford playing really well.
Kamara still Kamara.
Puka man, wow, how did so many of us pass on him entirely? OOF.
Mahomes...DAMN!
ETN nice game.
Andrews woke up.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:39 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:29 pm Downs coming on strong. Are we starting him now? What position—WR3?
Kamara still Kamara.
Mahomes...DAMN!
ETN nice game.
Andrews woke up.
Ford had one run. One. Then an ankle. Time to flip to those in the super unknown
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:23 pm

Herbert really hasn't progressed all that much, IMO. He's been bad the last 3 weeks, and the 2nd year in a row, he's played hurt. He's a fantastic talent, but he's kind of flatlined, a bit, due to inept coaching, IMO. Ownership/coaching is a concern for his ceiling at this point, IMO. Staley is still employed, somehow, and it's fairly clear ownership aren't football savvy. Still never above 100 QB rating, and not touching any rushing potential he supposedly had. He's really safe, but not sure his ceiling can hit QB1, at this point, for a season, in typical leagues. No rushing upside, and not a world beater from the pocket. Just a really good QB, but the Chargers don't look like they know how to bring that offense to the next level.

An aging KA, Ekeler, and injured, aged out Williams. Everett another year older, as an never was, TE. Next year, how can Herbert be better statistically?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:23 pm Herbert really hasn't progressed all that much, IMO. He's been bad the last 3 weeks, and the 2nd year in a row, he's played hurt. He's a fantastic talent, but he's kind of flatlined, a bit, due to inept coaching, IMO. Ownership/coaching is a concern for his ceiling at this point, IMO. Staley is still employed, somehow, and it's fairly clear ownership aren't football savvy. Still never above 100 QB rating, and not touching any rushing potential he supposedly had. He's really safe, but not sure his ceiling can hit QB1, at this point, for a season, in typical leagues. No rushing upside, and not a world beater from the pocket. Just a really good QB, but the Chargers don't look like they know how to bring that offense to the next level.

An aging KA, Ekeler, and injured, aged out Williams. Everett another year older, as an never was, TE. Next year, how can Herbert be better statistically?
He might be more Stafford than Rodgers

Which is fine for real life you can win with that (not if your coach and defense sucks but still) but yeah---I've had him below Lamar, Hurts, Allen for fantasy and if Caleb Williams lands in a decent situation he might have a higher ADP before playing a game

That Herbert/Burrow/Tua tier (and maybe Stroud) is nice to have but if you're trying to win your league trading into an elite rushing QB or Mahomes is generally better. Yeah sure Lamar can get hurt but then you just bench him and play a QB3 in a good matchup who probably won't score much fewer than the elite pocket passer on a ppg basis

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:55 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:45 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:23 pm Herbert really hasn't progressed all that much, IMO. He's been bad the last 3 weeks, and the 2nd year in a row, he's played hurt. He's a fantastic talent, but he's kind of flatlined, a bit, due to inept coaching, IMO. Ownership/coaching is a concern for his ceiling at this point, IMO. Staley is still employed, somehow, and it's fairly clear ownership aren't football savvy. Still never above 100 QB rating, and not touching any rushing potential he supposedly had. He's really safe, but not sure his ceiling can hit QB1, at this point, for a season, in typical leagues. No rushing upside, and not a world beater from the pocket. Just a really good QB, but the Chargers don't look like they know how to bring that offense to the next level.

He might be more Stafford than Rodgers

Which is fine for real life you can win with that (not if your coach and defense sucks but still) but yeah---I've had him below Lamar, Hurts, Allen for fantasy and if Caleb Williams lands in a decent situation he might have a higher ADP before playing a game

That Herbert/Burrow/Tua tier (and maybe Stroud) is nice to have but if you're trying to win your league trading into an elite rushing QB or Mahomes is generally better. Yeah sure Lamar can get hurt but then you just bench him and play a QB3 in a good matchup who probably won't score much fewer than the elite pocket passer on a ppg basis
He's safe, he's just not looking like that league winner type guy. To be fair, he's far exceeded most people's FF expectations of him, looking back. I just don't think he's an elite processor, or an elite athlete. He's got an elite arm, but in typical FF leagues, he's not going to get into the top 3 unless he becomes an elite passer, and he hasn't, yet. He's volume based, more than efficiency, so yeah, more Stafford, than Rodgers, in your way of putting it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:41 pm

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:09 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:23 pm Herbert really hasn't progressed all that much, IMO. ...
He's really safe, but not sure his ceiling can hit QB1, at this point, for a season, in typical leagues.
The bizarre thing about Herbert is that before this week, he was the #1 QB in FPPG through the first 6 weeks of the season.

He's actually been putting up another awesome fantasy season. I know it doesn't feel like it. I was surprised too.

Even after today, with an outrageous Mahomes (and Lamar) spike week - Herbert is still #4 on the year on a per game basis.

He'll never be Hurts or Allen with the rushing, but he will be their contemporaries for as long as this team keeps getting into shootouts and refusing to stop any opposing offence.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:15 am

81- wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:39 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:29 pm Downs coming on strong. Are we starting him now? What position—WR3?
Kamara still Kamara.
Mahomes...DAMN!
ETN nice game.
Andrews woke up.
Ford had one run. One. Then an ankle. Time to flip to those in the super unknown
Yep, that’s been the way with him all season. He is terribly inefficient on 90% of his touches, but busts loose on 1-2 plays a game. The final stat line looks impressive until you realize he had one 69 yard TD run, and then got 5 yards on his other 10 carries.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:51 am

Dude is a monster.
Elite WR tied to an elite QB in an elite offense on an elite team with elite coaching all put together by an elite general manager

Only a few players to sell high on him for. Otherwise, enjoy the ride.