Adam Thielen’s Resurgence

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adam Thielen’s Resurgence

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:14 pm

After a weirdly fluke week 1 this guy has been absolute fire with both Dalton and Young and being a top 5 play

Even with week 1 he’s not far outside the top 5

In shallower leagues he was probably dropped this offseason and now he’s single handedly keeping this Panthers offense from being historically trash

They keep talking about the Panthers trading for a “true WR1” throwing out names like Jeudy (maybe not anymore :lol: ), Sutton, Hollywood, etc and I am thinking this guy might be better than all of them save Higgins if they can manage that (or Adams obviously)

Where do you see him ROS? Mid WR1? Low WR1? Regressing a bit but still being a solid WR2?

Have a hard time seeing Young do anything but improve from this point on and if he gets hurt at any point Dalton is even better for Thielen’s production

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Adam Thielen’s Resurgence

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:16 pm

I'm perplexed as to why teams don't just take him away, and make Young go somewhere else.

Thielen is doing really well, but he's had a hard time staying healthy, so I am not convinced he can get through a full 17.

I'd say WR2, if D's actually start giving him more attention, as they should.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:19 pm

I think the broader lesson here is to sometimes just go with the guy we know can play in the NFL

I saw hype at points this offseason for Marshall, Hurst (understandable considering the TE wasteland) and especially Mingo (who may still work out) but very few considering the obvious candidate for Bryce’s WR1–the one player we knew could play in the NFL

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:21 pm

Thielen is killing me ... I have a middling team that needs to acquire picks & I want to trade him for a #2 ... maybe a #3 ... but I can't get any contending teams to bite. Meanwhile, he's killing my 2024 draft position.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:08 pm

Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:21 pm Thielen is killing me ... I have a middling team that needs to acquire picks & I want to trade him for a #2 ... maybe a #3 ... but I can't get any contending teams to bite. Meanwhile, he's killing my 2024 draft position.
Drop him, pick up a young flyer of the WW. You can't get a 4th for him?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:08 pm
Forza_Azzurri wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 6:21 pm Thielen is killing me ... I have a middling team that needs to acquire picks & I want to trade him for a #2 ... maybe a #3 ... but I can't get any contending teams to bite. Meanwhile, he's killing my 2024 draft position.
Drop him, pick up a young flyer of the WW. You can't get a 4th for him?
This. Maybe you’re just asking too much? Put him on the block for a 3rd. Let your most reliable trade partners know you’ll part with him for a 4th.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:00 am

I was in a similar position with Evans. I finally just packaged Evans/Kittle/Demercado and took what will be a late first. Likely lost on "value" but managers know you are stuck.

I think you need to just take what you can get. If that's a 3rd or 4th, so be it. Remember it frees up a roster spot so it's a 3rd plus a WW flyer.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:16 am

He's the #4 WR in my half ppr leagues. Dude's on fire.

As Freak mentioned, he's known to miss a few games, so be prepared. But for now you keep starting him as his floor is high with all those targets he's getting. If you're in a rebuild, move him for what you can to a contender.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:26 am

AT will definitely be a WR1 the rest of season. No one else in Carolina is even remotely dependable. Adam gets open consistently, his hands are gold, and he knows how to be a QBs best man.

I wouldn't look at this situation and try to figure out why it's not going to continue. I'd look at facts on the ground and go get him if I was a contender and the price was right. Is there any other T15WR (for the season) that can be had for cheaper? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:02 am

I'd give you a 2nd or 3rd for him. (May need a little somehting on top of him for the second)

In my leagues they want my first because "it will be a late first and basically a second"
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07