Christan Watson Value?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
fleaflickerchamp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Christan Watson Value?

Postby fleaflickerchamp » Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:32 pm

Didnt see a thread of him..

guy is looking to send him to me to get KW3 and I am having trouble valuing him. Looked great last year but Love seems to really like targetting Doubs and I am not sure what to make of Watson in only two starts that have not led to many receptions. Originally wanted a 1 for 1 which I said no to and now only wants to add a 4th and I dont see a reason to do it even though I am trying to get rid of KW3. I just dont think the difference will be anyone I am excited about when I will have to drop someone on my roster.
10 team PPR 2 QB, 2RB,3WR,TE,2F,DE,LB,S,7BENCH,4TAXI, IR(Only Keep 15 in bold)
QB: Burrow, Tua, Baker , Mac, Browning
RB: Walker, Mondre, R. White, R. Johnson, Herbert
WR: Olave, Pittman, Meyers, Downs, Jameson Williams, Shaheed, W. Robinson, Noah Brown
TE: Goedert, Pitts
DE:Bosa
LB:Wagner
S:Hamilton
2024: 1.01,1.02,2.01,4.01,5.01
2025: 1st, 2nd, 2 3rds, 4th, 5th

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Christan Watson Value?

Postby Ice » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:41 pm

fleaflickerchamp wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:32 pm Didnt see a thread of him..

guy is looking to send him to me to get KW3 and I am having trouble valuing him. Looked great last year but Love seems to really like targetting Doubs and I am not sure what to make of Watson in only two starts that have not led to many receptions. Originally wanted a 1 for 1 which I said no to and now only wants to add a 4th and I dont see a reason to do it even though I am trying to get rid of KW3. I just dont think the difference will be anyone I am excited about when I will have to drop someone on my roster.
Wrong forum but Watson is the real long term answer in GB, not Doubs. Watson is one of the more athletic WR's in the NFL. The cream rises and he has far more upside than Doubs.

Kenneth Walker is legit and holds more short term value but there is a back very close in talent on the roster.

Dynasty wise I like Watson, this year I like Walker.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

fleaflickerchamp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fleaflickerchamp » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:22 pm

I am just concerned that what we saw from Watson last year was a product of being with Rodgers which he will never have again. Got the offer up to Walker and 25 3rd for Watson and 2025 2nd. Feels like I am settling but I have been trying to deal Walker for a long time every seems to believe in Charby more than me. RBs are really hard to get rid of in my league
WR: Olave, Pittman, Meyers, Downs, Jameson Williams, Shaheed, W. Robinson, Noah Brown

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:56 pm

fleaflickerchamp wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:22 pm I am just concerned that what we saw from Watson last year was a product of being with Rodgers which he will never have again. Got the offer up to Walker and 25 3rd for Watson and 2025 2nd. Feels like I am settling but I have been trying to deal Walker for a long time every seems to believe in Charby more than me. RBs are really hard to get rid of in my league
Why are you trying to "get rid" of Walker? Are you rebuiling? I'd need a lot more than Watson to move him. Watson doesn't run good routes, and plays small for his size. He's a big play threat, but not a guy that you can count on weekly.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

fleaflickerchamp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fleaflickerchamp » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:29 pm

Thats exactly how I feel about Watson and see the two games since he has returned showing exactly that. I am rebuilding, currently in last and past experiences have taught me to ditch RBs in this scenario and I am sitting with KW and JT. Aligned with Burrow on the up and up with Tua and my WR I expect to work my way into the middle of the pack but prolly not make the playoffs based on a 1-4 start with least points. Dying to get a piece of MHJ almost hoping for 2nd more than 1st.

Part of me does feel like Charb will start taking some points that eliminate KW3 from being elite but I dont feel like he will ever take prominence over him which still leans towards losing value and the depreciation rate of RBs in current dynasty landscape is actually comical. But I have tried to deal walker elsewhere to no avail.

My league is the epitomy of this I traded a mid to late 1st (granted it was back to the owner who planned on selling and tanking but came in 3rd last year and couldve again, he is currently still in 4th even after selling chubb, kelce, adams and others) straight up for JT and they thought I got played. At the end of the day your league sets the market for trades.

fleaflickerchamp
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby fleaflickerchamp » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:18 am

Ice wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:41 pm

Wrong forum but Watson is the real long term answer in GB, not Doubs. Watson is one of the more athletic WR's in the NFL. The cream rises and he has far more upside than Doubs.

Kenneth Walker is legit and holds more short term value but there is a back very close in talent on the roster.

Didn't mean for wrong forum or for it to solely be advice for my team I am generally interested in the market value for Watson. I guess I understand what youre saying in terms of being more talented athletically but they also drafted Reed in the second round so Watson by no means has secured the lead role there which makes this a somewhat risky play to me.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:05 am

fleaflickerchamp wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:18 am

Didn't mean for wrong forum or for it to solely be advice for my team I am generally interested in the market value for Watson. I guess I understand what youre saying in terms of being more talented athletically but they also drafted Reed in the second round so Watson by no means has secured the lead role there which makes this a somewhat risky play to me.
If you don't believe then don't make the deal :lol:

Walker isn't the kind of asset you should be trying to jettison for just any player of equal value.

Personally, I'd be pretty surprised if Watson wasn't the #1 in GB for a long, long time. But sure, he hasn't really broken out yet so there is some risk involved.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:28 am

Watson can’t stay healthy. He was injured in college and SURPRISE he’s been hurt for a good percentage of his time in the NFL. He’s highly TD dependent. I’m definitely keeping Walker, who is a better player. For good measure, get Charbonnet at a low cost.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:36 am

j4pac wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:28 am Watson can’t stay healthy. He was injured in college and SURPRISE he’s been hurt for a good percentage of his time in the NFL. He’s highly TD dependent. I’m definitely keeping Walker, who is a better player. For good measure, get Charbonnet at a low cost.
This is the biggest myth surrounding Watson.

Watson was top 12 in YPRR his rookie year despite starting out the year in the dog house for his 75 yard TD drop in the Season Opener.
Even if he scored 1/2 as many TDs he still would've been a top 24 WR since the DAL game last year.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:00 pm

He is currently a bye week blues type player. I can see the potential and upside, but i wouldn't trade walker for him (league scoring could swing that statement)
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:31 am

fleaflickerchamp wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:18 am

Watson's current market value to his owners that see potential is, or should be, a mid first round pick.

Walker's current value is worth more.

While I like upside WR's far more than upside RB's, if I owned Walker I would want Watson and a 1st round pick if I were trading away Walker today.

Ultimately this trade value will flip in Dynasty most likely. I own Watson on multiple teams and he isn't a guy I would be putting on the market. GB is the youngest team in the league and Watson is the dynamic WR on that team.

As far as risk, both players have some. Walker doesn't look like he will be used much as a receiving threat so his value may be that of one contract player. He also is in a fast approaching RBBC situation. RB's don't last long these days so his window is realistically about 3 years away.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:01 am

Sriracha wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:36 am
j4pac wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:28 am Watson can’t stay healthy. He was injured in college and SURPRISE he’s been hurt for a good percentage of his time in the NFL. He’s highly TD dependent. I’m definitely keeping Walker, who is a better player. For good measure, get Charbonnet at a low cost.
This is the biggest myth surrounding Watson.

Watson was top 12 in YPRR his rookie year despite starting out the year in the dog house for his 75 yard TD drop in the Season Opener.
Even if he scored 1/2 as many TDs he still would've been a top 24 WR since the DAL game last year.
Perhaps “big play dependent” would be a better way to put it. Jordan Love is OK. He’s not a great QB. There’s no way we can expect him to ever get the ball down the field like Rodgers
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:36 am

Seems like the community is much higher on Watson and much lower on Walker than me.

prinefan
All Pro
All Pro

Postby prinefan » Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:20 am

I have both on different teams and it's Walker by a mile.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:55 pm

prinefan wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:20 am I have both on different teams and it's Walker by a mile.
Agree. I would need a significant piece on top of Watson to move Walker for him. a top 3 2024 pick.

Watson's career arc feels similar to Claypool as of now. His TD rate was unsustainable last season and it vaulted him up the dynasty ranks. In his short career, he has struggled with injuries and now has a downgrade in QB. This year is Walker and Dynasty is Walker.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th