Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Nico Collins

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:52 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:46 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:45 pm Yeah he's a low WR1 at this point

Tank vs Nico is closer than I thought
I'd take Nico quite easily, myself. At least, I wouldn't trade Nico for Tank, and would trade Tank for Nico, not sure what it would take to switch the two.

It's not like either are bad options. Stroud on a rookie deal, and Dell too, they can afford to extend Nico, and I think they will.
Yup, I feel the same. Just prefer Nico, but both can coexist. If they give Nico the bag, he should have consistent value for years with Stroud

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:25 am

Nico will be extended

But I can’t ignore that Dell did what he did as a rookie.

Nico took 3 years to be roughly the player Tank is now

Rookies are not supposed to be as good as Dell was

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:39 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:25 am Nico will be extended

Kicker is they’re both 24

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:41 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:52 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:46 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:45 pm Yeah he's a low WR1 at this point

Tank vs Nico is closer than I thought
I'd take Nico quite easily, myself. At least, I wouldn't trade Nico for Tank, and would trade Tank for Nico, not sure what it would take to switch the two.

It's not like either are bad options. Stroud on a rookie deal, and Dell too, they can afford to extend Nico, and I think they will.
Yup, I feel the same. Just prefer Nico, but both can coexist. If they give Nico the bag, he should have consistent value for years with Stroud
Looks like Cincy-south to me. Two solid WR options and a top-6 QB. Plenty to go around. I'd rather be holding Dell right now but only slightly. My reason for that is a very tiny concern that HOU might add another WR. If that happens, I think it bites in to Nico more than Dell. If they go in to next season as-is then both are top-20 redraft options and I'd choose whoever is cheaper.

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:00 am

Or did it just take 3 years to find a competent QB to get those WR to be what they were?

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:52 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:00 am

Or did it just take 3 years to find a competent QB to get those WR to be what they were?
I think it’s mostly this.

Wasn’t Cooks their leading WR in 22’ with like 700 yards?

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:43 pm

JoeJoe88 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:52 am
YouMightDieTryin wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:00 am

I think it’s mostly this.

Wasn’t Cooks their leading WR in 22’ with like 700 yards?
Nico is the same age as Tank Dell.

He's also a bigger bodied WR; These WRs tend to take longer to develop as route runners.

Worth noting that Nico actually played pretty well last year as far as vs the press and getting open on vertical routes. The HOU QBs just couldn't get him the ball in the areas of the field he won at.

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:50 pm

Nico and Dell are a poor man’s AJB and Smith but have an edge to have a better passer by this time next year.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:51 pm

And as I say that AJB is down bad
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:52 pm

DinoDynasty wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:50 pm Nico and Dell are a poor man’s AJB and Smith but have an edge to have a better passer by this time next year.
They'll be more of a threat to score RZ touchdowns too, given that Stroud really only scrambles as his final resort.

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:49 pm

Two Cents wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:23 pm Hey uhhh Mild…oldie but a goodie….
mild wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:47 pm
Two Cents wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:45 pm All I can say is that Im glad I traded Jacobs in week 13 of last year for Cam Akers, Nico Collins, 1.11 and a 2nd.

¢¢
You're celebrating giving up the RB1 in fantasy for 2022 and saying you won the trade?
let me know when its appropriate for me to celebrate… :thumbup:
Mild, your argument once upon a time was what KTC says I should have gotten more. But I just want to point out that NOW KTC now says that I won this trade by a landslide. As someone who was in a rebuild............. let me know when you believe I can start celebrating.

Its so funny that people can look at Collins and ignore his situation (Davis Mills throwing to Brandin Cooks) for the past 2 years and then act like year 3 with a competent QB (playing alongside another talented WR) is a miracle. Maybe...maybe he is just a good player, who needed his situation to improve...
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:53 pm

Two Cents wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:49 pm Its so funny that people can look at Collins and ignore his situation (Davis Mills throwing to Brandin Cooks) for the past 2 years and then act like year 3 with a competent QB (playing alongside another talented WR) is a miracle. Maybe...maybe he is just a good player, who needed his situation to improve...
Congratulations on knowing that CJ Stroud was a competent QB that would land on the Texans in Week 13 of 2022 Two Cents!

I wish I also had this brilliant level of foresight and future prediction-making so that I could then scalp everyone that sticks to calculators like FOOLS. Then I would be as brilliant as you!

It's better to be lucky than good. Celebrate away bud! :thumbup:

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:49 am

mild wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:53 pm
Two Cents wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:49 pm Its so funny that people can look at Collins and ignore his situation (Davis Mills throwing to Brandin Cooks) for the past 2 years and then act like year 3 with a competent QB (playing alongside another talented WR) is a miracle. Maybe...maybe he is just a good player, who needed his situation to improve...
Congratulations on knowing that CJ Stroud was a competent QB that would land on the Texans in Week 13 of 2022 Two Cents!

I wish I also had this brilliant level of foresight and future prediction-making so that I could then scalp everyone that sticks to calculators like FOOLS. Then I would be as brilliant as you!

It's better to be lucky than good. Celebrate away bud! :thumbup:
Didn’t you predict the potential emergence of Zamir White at some point? So to me it wasn’t just about collins’ ascension (we all knew the Texans were going to draft a QB that was better than Mills and we knew Cooks was leaving), but it was also about

1. Jacobs’ decline, - which you saw being a potential possibility from a mile away, even as Jacobs was ascending last year.

2. The added dart throws in Akers and a 1st and 2nd

IMO for a rebuilding team - that deal was great. Not max value at the time… but we play within the context of what people in our leagues are willing to pay, not some fantasy world where the standard is hoping to get some chump to overpay for a RB.

You call it lucky. But when Zamir White emerges keep that same energy cupcake. We’re all just lucky I guess. Especially those in the WR>RB camp.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:21 am

Two Cents wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:49 pm
Two Cents wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:23 pm Hey uhhh Mild…oldie but a goodie….
mild wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:47 pm

You're celebrating giving up the RB1 in fantasy for 2022 and saying you won the trade?
let me know when its appropriate for me to celebrate… :thumbup:
Mild, your argument once upon a time was what KTC says I should have gotten more. But I just want to point out that NOW KTC now says that I won this trade by a landslide. As someone who was in a rebuild............. let me know when you believe I can start celebrating.

Its so funny that people can look at Collins and ignore his situation (Davis Mills throwing to Brandin Cooks) for the past 2 years and then act like year 3 with a competent QB (playing alongside another talented WR) is a miracle. Maybe...maybe he is just a good player, who needed his situation to improve...
That's the best (and most frustrating) part about fantasy. Even seemingly bad trades can end up great ones when the dust settles.

I still think you could have gotten better value at the time, but very glad it worked out very well for you. Of course, it seems unlikely now, but it can just as easily swing back the other way if Jacobs balls out another season or two while Nico turns back into a pumpkin. Oh the joys of fantasy football.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:42 am

Nico or Dell are not a poor man's anything with Stroud at QB.

QB's matter big time and Stroud is fearless at throwing players open with incredible accuracy. His arm talent is outstanding.

Dell is also way better than many thought except for the Texans and Stroud who really wanted him and asked the Texans to draft him. Both WR's were 3rd round picks. I believe the Texans moved up for both players in the draft.

Hard to say which one will be better long term as both were 3rd round picks. Dell is much more twitchy but Collins is a bigger target. Very complimentary skill sets. I would rank Dell slightly ahead who has savant like route running skill but it it's really close.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts