Nico Collins

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Nico Collins

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:39 pm

dipANDglide wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:26 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:12 pm I think he is a solid player but also a sell at the moment

Dont get me wrong im not just selling for anything but I think it is very probable this is more of a hot stretch considering it is clearly an outlier in the sample size we have (of course it could be a year 3 breakout but we don’t really see many of those nowadays from WRs who did not do much before)

On the other hand Dell—im buying and taking an L on the prospect. Willing to pay above the market value too

Honestly though cant blame anyone for wanting someone tied to Stroud. He is like the perfect QB to have a WR tied to

Sure Mahomes or Allen would be great but there are Kelce/Diggs there and Allen will always vulture rush TDs

The Herberts, Burrows and Strouds on the other hand
I'm curious, what are you selling Collins for?
So using KTC, I would sell for: Dak Prescott, Tank Dell, a mid first in any year, depending on team circumstances Kyle Pitts, Diontae Johnson+Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims+Greg Dulcich, or adding a bit to Collins for Kyler Murray, Christian Watson or Drake London (though like with Pitts only do this if you can afford the loss of points this year)

There are some guys I'm in "get this guy off my team before another week is played" level sell mode. Don't think he's that

He's not that in my view but is priced around guys I'd rather have

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:52 pm

mild wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:06 pm
Two Cents wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:59 pm for a start 2 TE, TEP league it’s not a terrible dart throw. Say what you will Nico alone was the best dynasty piece in the deal. Everything else was just a lot of icing.
You sold during the peak of Josh Jacob's 2022 Rushing Champ value.

You could have gotten more at the time. Hindsight is a lovely thing.

Nico Collins is still valued less than Josh Jacobs by most sites, but I agree that if you're a rebuilder (and I'm guessing you are) you've got the right piece.

Happy for you tho :D
Hindsight is your bread and butter when roasting the entire forum for hot takes :D

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:06 am

trc wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:52 pm Hindsight is your bread and butter when roasting the entire forum for hot takes :D
Try the Jalen Hurts and Jerome Ford threads for some foresight; I've got multitudes babe, I promise.

And hey, if that's all it takes to make people think critically, and prevent people starting the "All Things Texans" thread, then I'll consider it a service well rendered.

I've gotten plenty of things wrong too, and I own it when I do. Nico's a lovely player, and I'm happy that 2 cents got a well-needed W on the DLF board. I hope he continues his hot streak of getting good calls right; it'd be a shame to have to drag up something from last year to take a lap on - ya know? :lol:

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:01 am

mild wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:06 am
trc wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:52 pm Hindsight is your bread and butter when roasting the entire forum for hot takes :D
Try the Jalen Hurts and Jerome Ford threads for some foresight; I've got multitudes babe, I promise.

And hey, if that's all it takes to make people think critically, and prevent people starting the "All Things Texans" thread, then I'll consider it a service well rendered.

I've gotten plenty of things wrong too, and I own it when I do. Nico's a lovely player, and I'm happy that 2 cents got a well-needed W on the DLF board. I hope he continues his hot streak of getting good calls right; it'd be a shame to have to drag up something from last year to take a lap on - ya know? :lol:
Wasn't meant to imply you didn't contribute with perspectives etc. Just a friendly jab :)

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:25 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:12 pm I think he is a solid player but also a sell at the moment

Dont get me wrong im not just selling for anything but I think it is very probable this is more of a hot stretch considering it is clearly an outlier in the sample size we have (of course it could be a year 3 breakout but we don’t really see many of those nowadays from WRs who did not do much before)

On the other hand Dell—im buying and taking an L on the prospect. Willing to pay above the market value too

Honestly though cant blame anyone for wanting someone tied to Stroud. He is like the perfect QB to have a WR tied to

Sure Mahomes or Allen would be great but there are Kelce/Diggs there and Allen will always vulture rush TDs

The Herberts, Burrows and Strouds on the other hand
Agree with this!

I'm a huge Nico fan. The guy is going to be solid and contribute to the real-life team consistently. But I think Dell will ultimately be the more productive fantasy player. I would compare it sort of to the situation in Minny when Thielen had a few very good seasons, then JJ came along and was the better fantasy WR. Not comparing Dell+Nico to JJ+Thielen as talents ... just how the situation changed one Thielen from low-end WR1 upside to a steady WR2 for fantasy and JJ was the teammate with WR1 production.

I think Nico will produce more like Thielen in that comparison. Dell has more explosiveness and big play ability.

I'm not sure I'd be too quick to trade Nico, though. I'd be happy to hold both if I had both. At least for the short term.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:19 am

I sold him for Aaron Jones and a 2nd/3rd pick swap on a contender where I'm starting Pacheco, Moss, and Williams. As of now, it's cost me one week. But thems the breaks...

Two Cents
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Two Cents » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:08 am

trc wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:01 am

Wasn't meant to imply you didn't contribute with perspectives etc. Just a friendly jab :)
Same. It’s all in fun.

I personally appreciate hot takes and sparring. Reflecting back on our opinions isn’t an indictment on anyone in particular. I think it’s humbling, and entertaining, to reflect on what we once believed and measure them against the current reality and what we currently believed. There’s a story in that. What good is it to have opinions if we don’t hold ourselves to them and measure them up in hindsight? To me it’s in the same spirit as bragging rights. It’s all part of the experience.

We talk so much about the difference between dynasty and redraft. My over arching points to digging this trade were to
A) yes, give myself kudos 😂
B) banter with Mild
C) highlight - isn’t that the kind of trade we strive for in dynasty when rebuilding?
D) Also highlight the amount of bias in pedigree. If this were Garrett Wilson (1st round) or Christian Watson (2nd round) the value would somehow be inflated in comparison to Nico (3rd round). I find lots of opportunity in these spaces. I’m a bargain shopper. The thrift store is my friend.

I appreciate when people put up or shut up. Mild, This remark about Nico was in January - not last year. The fact that being confronted about it illicits a defensive response just makes it seem like you have a hard time going down without a fight, even when the fight was with something YOU SAID. You put up when you’re confident, and put out when you’re right, but have a hard time shutting up and owning it when you’re in the red.

I’m just curious why people were so low on a Nico Collins that had Davis Mills as a QB and Brandin Cooks opposite of him. Putting Tank above Collins makes no sense either. They were both 3rd round WRs and have complimentary skill sets. If I could trade one for the other ++ I’d do it.
¢¢

12 team SF TEP
STARTERS | BENCH
QB (1) Mayfield, Mac Jones, Garrapollo, Darnold, Dobbs
RB (2) Kyren Williams, Rachaad White, AJ Dillon, Gibson, K. Mitchell, Perine, CEH, Akers, Dowdle
WR (3) Collins, Palmer, Meyers, Chark, Boyd, Juju
TE (2) Laporta, Kmet , Schultz, J. Johnson, Fant, Dulcich
FLEX (3) Montgomery, Njoku, Brian Robinson
SF (1) Minshew

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:29 am

Two Cents wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:08 am
trc wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:01 am

Same. It’s all in fun.

I personally appreciate hot takes and sparring. Reflecting back on our opinions isn’t an indictment on anyone in particular. I think it’s humbling, and entertaining, to reflect on what we once believed and measure them against the current reality and what we currently believed. There’s a story in that. What good is it to have opinions if we don’t hold ourselves to them and measure them up in hindsight? To me it’s in the same spirit as bragging rights. It’s all part of the experience.

We talk so much about the difference between dynasty and redraft. My over arching points to digging this trade were to
A) yes, give myself kudos 😂
B) banter with Mild
C) highlight - isn’t that the kind of trade we strive for in dynasty when rebuilding?
D) Also highlight the amount of bias in pedigree. If this were Garrett Wilson (1st round) or Christian Watson (2nd round) the value would somehow be inflated in comparison to Nico (3rd round). I find lots of opportunity in these spaces. I’m a bargain shopper. The thrift store is my friend.

I appreciate when people put up or shut up. Mild, This remark about Nico was in January - not last year. The fact that being confronted about it illicits a defensive response just makes it seem like you have a hard time going down without a fight, even when the fight was with something YOU SAID. You put up when you’re confident, and put out when you’re right, but have a hard time shutting up and owning it when you’re in the red.

I’m just curious why people were so low on a Nico Collins that had Davis Mills as a QB and Brandin Cooks opposite of him. Putting Tank above Collins makes no sense either. They were both 3rd round WRs and have complimentary skill sets. If I could trade one for the other ++ I’d do it.
Nico was a tough eval. 3rd round draft capital that really didn't show a ton despite a pretty wide open depth chart. You elude to Brandin Cooks across him, but that really wasn't holding back anyone. Mills wasn't it, but we still expect to see some flashes even with a sub par QB. We are in an age where the majority of WR studs show up year one. Just look at all the young WRs in the top tiers - JJ, chase, ARSB, lamb, Olave, AJB, waddle, Smith, Wilson, Aiyuk, DK, Higgins. Every one of these guys put up 900+ yards in their rookie season.

When Nico put up 400ish yards in two back to back seasons, it was just tough to assume he would ascend to those top tiers. Holding was absolutely the right call, and I applaud anyone who was able to do so. Cash in those receipts.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:10 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:29 amWhen Nico put up 400ish yards in two back to back seasons, it was just tough to assume he would ascend to those top tiers. Holding was absolutely the right call, and I applaud anyone who was able to do so. Cash in those receipts.
Indeed it was a tough call, and it was also the right call to hold.
I'm ok with anyone taking a victory lap if they held Nico from drafting him till now.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:14 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:10 pm Indeed it was a tough call, and it was also the right call to hold.
I'm ok with anyone taking a victory lap if they held Nico from drafting him till now.
Drafted him in my startup and in year 2 (last year), regrettably traded Nico for Peoples-Jones in week 9.

Collins was injured, I had multiple bye issues and WR injuries, and needed a healthy, semi-productive WR4 with some upside to start the rest of the way on my playoff run. DPJ was decent the rest of the way too, close if not sometimes better to what Nico had been.

Anyway, "well, well, well... how the turn tables..." in '23. Yeesh! :doh:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:37 pm

“Nico was a tough eval. 3rd round draft capital that really didn't show a ton despite a pretty wide open depth chart. You elude to Brandin Cooks across him, but that really wasn't holding back anyone. Mills wasn't it, but we still expect to see some flashes even with a sub par QB. We are in an age where the majority of WR studs show up year one. Just look at all the young WRs in the top tiers - JJ, chase, ARSB, lamb, Olave, AJB, waddle, Smith, Wilson, Aiyuk, DK, Higgins. Every one of these guys put up 900+ yards in their rookie season.

When Nico put up 400ish yards in two back to back seasons, it was just tough to assume he would ascend to those top tiers. Holding was absolutely the right call, and I applaud anyone who was able to do so. Cash in those receipts.“

LOVIE f’n SMITH & others who had no offensive idea … only time he played to win on offense was in his last game when he threw caution to the wind and cost the Texans the #1 overall pick (which ironically led them to getting Stroud)

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:01 pm

Montana to Rice
Manning to Harrison
Rodgers to Adams
Stroud to Nico Collins......

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:37 am

Highest Yards/target, min 10 targets
Mims-22
Aiyuk-16
Wilson-14.8
Nico-13.4
Waddle-13.1

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:01 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:10 pm
CGW wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:29 amWhen Nico put up 400ish yards in two back to back seasons, it was just tough to assume he would ascend to those top tiers. Holding was absolutely the right call, and I applaud anyone who was able to do so. Cash in those receipts.
Indeed it was a tough call, and it was also the right call to hold.
Nico was an easy hold given HOU's QB situation the past couple of years, his impressive film despite his lack of production and the lack of WR competition going into the year.

I do think he's running a little hot right now and is being elevated by Stroud playing beyond his years but he's a solid WR talent that has made the best of his opportunity the past couple of seasons.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:10 pm

jordanzs wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:01 pm Montana to Rice
Manning to Harrison
Rodgers to Adams
Stroud to Nico Collins......
You left out Stafford to Nacua.

As to the topic at hand, I’m happy to see Nico finally break out. Held him since his rookie year in one league, but traded him this offseason in the other. That deal netted me a couple early 2nds that turned into Achane and Rice, though, so that makes it easier to sleep at night. Haha.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0