Tutu Atwell

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Tutu Atwell

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:43 pm

I know the talk and rage is all Nakua, but Atwell is looking very good in his 3rd year, has 26 targets in 3 games, and his role doesn't cross over with Kupp nearly as much. What are people's thoughts on this player? With Hollywood, Dell other notable players that were considered "too small", how does Atwell fare moving forward?

Is he a legit WR that you can count for your flex spot, or WR3 spot, this year and beyond?
Last edited by FantasyFreak on Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Tutu Atwell

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:05 am

A few years ago I'd have dismissed him on the spot

But the NFL is changing for these smaller guys (Dell especially is someone I've pivoted on). Atwell had a solid production profile at Louisville

With that said the fact he has done little until this year (which is year 3 btw) is the bigger hold up for me. I'd be fine putting him in my WR3/flex spot in a pinch until Kupp comes back

But after that I think he returns to being a gadget guy--though still an NFL player which is more than I expected at

As for role overlap I think you might be forgetting how much Stafford only has eyes for Kupp when he's playing. The whole offense is going to change

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:16 am

So the 3rd year wr is still a thing.

Holding tutu all this time has finally paid off for me in many leagues.

I think he will have more chances once Kupp comes back because dbs will have to focus more on Kupp than they do on puka right now. Not that they can stop Kupp but they have to have a plan.

The silver lining to the Kupp injury is it forced Stafford to look for the other wrs. He should be relatively comfortable with them now.

The other good news is the Rams don't plan on having Zach Thomas filling in at left tackle again. What a disaster that was in the 2nd half of mnf.

BellCow
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby BellCow » Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:40 am

They've finally found a consistent group of WRs to spread the ball out to since the Woods/Cooks/Kupp era. Arob/VanJeff failed miserably and forced Kupp to eat a historical target diet.

It may not be as consistent as the original but I'd want exposure to this trio as well.

Puka = Woods
Atwell = Cooks
Kupp = Kupp

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:04 am

BellCow wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:40 am They've finally found a consistent group of WRs to spread the ball out to since the Woods/Cooks/Kupp era. Arob/VanJeff failed miserably and forced Kupp to eat a historical target diet.

It may not be as consistent as the original but I'd want exposure to this trio as well.

Puka = Woods
Atwell = Cooks
Kupp = Kupp
Agree with all this.
I'm just sad I dumped Tutu last year when he couldn't get anything going. I should have held on for the third year. I can't even remember who I dropped him for. :(
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:40 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:43 pm I know the talk and rage is all Nakua, but Atwell is looking very good in his 2nd year, has 26 targets in 3 games, and his role doesn't cross over with Kupp nearly as much. What are people's thoughts on this player? With Hollywood, Dell other notable players that were considered "too small", how does Atwell fare moving forward?

Is he a legit WR that you can count for your flex spot, or WR3 spot, this year and beyond?
He does look like a legit flex option at the moment and roster worthy for sure. He is good in motion but I do think he will be limited some when Kupp returns much more than Nakua.

Nauka is the real deal. He has a knack to get open an presents himself well as a target to Stafford. He is beating man, press, and zone coverages with ease. Jefferson will be the odd man out for sure when Kupp returns but My guess is Kupp and Nauka will get the majority.

That said, Kupp is really breaking down so the end may be near for him.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:33 am

Tutu fits a different role than Nuka or Kupp, I think he’s still be gonna flex worthy when Kupp returns, unless they start Jefferson/Nuka over him, which I don’t see happening. Also important to disclose - Tutu Owner Bias 🙂

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:54 pm

Sorry, it's his 3rd year, not 2nd, I meant to say 2nd full year, (hopefully), as he missed most of last year. He played most of his rookie year 13 games, but only 3 last year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick