2023 Week 4

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: 2024 Week 4

Postby Anteaters » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:55 pm
Anteaters wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:47 pm Maybe I'm watching a different game. The worst part of the Giants tonight has been the Offensive Line. Every one of them looks like they should be fired Tuesday morning.
It has, but Jones, even when he does have time (not often), hasn't been it. He still has no feel in the pocket for pressure from behind. That fumble tonight he held the ball way too long. Pick 6 he made the wrong read. The OL IS, a disaster, but DJ isn't the answer, either.
Maybe.

I just know I see an OL that is horrible. I see WRs who should be in the USFL. And I don't see a RB who belongs in a starting lineup. Kind of hard for me to take all that into account and determine, "The QB is the problem."
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:07 pm

I don't want to see KW or Geno on the field again, tonight, if they get the ball. No need. Going into the bye, if they get the ball back, just let Lock hand the ball to Charbs and kill the clock. Geno is already hurting, no need for him to take a sack like that, no need for him to even be out there to hand the ball off at this point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:13 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:37 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:35 pm Giants are a disaster. That contract, MAN, are they regretting that DJ extension right about now.
The Owner needs to get his hands off football decisions.
I think he has... this contract is all Schoen and Daboll to this fan's understanding.

- Schoen declined the 5th year. Hadn't seen enough from Dimes + Joe Judge era. Fair enough.
- Daboll promptly gets a career year out of him in Year 4
- Rather than franchise tag him, they opt to pay him 40 mil a year and tag Saquon

At this point I wish they'd gone the other way around with that.

I'd much rather be paying 12-14 million a year for top-tier RB play...

Than 40 million for some of the worst QB play I've ever seen :thumbdown:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:20 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:13 pm
Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:37 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:35 pm Giants are a disaster. That contract, MAN, are they regretting that DJ extension right about now.
The Owner needs to get his hands off football decisions.
I think he has... this contract is all Schoen and Daboll to this fan's understanding.

- Schoen declined the 5th year. Hadn't seen enough from Dimes + Joe Judge era. Fair enough.
- Daboll promptly gets a career year out of him in Year 4
- Rather than franchise tag him, they opt to pay him 40 mil a year and tag Saquon

At this point I wish they'd gone the other way around with that.

I'd much rather be paying 12-14 million a year for top-tier RB play...

Than 40 million for some of the worst QB play I've ever seen :thumbdown:
The story I heard, on the Rich Eisen show, is that they wanted to tag ONE of DJ/Barkley, and extend the other. They offered Barkley the extension first, as it was their preference to extend him and tag DJ. It had 2 years guaranteed, around 26 million, I think. He balked at it, and so they moved on to DJ for the extension. Barkley wanted to re-open extension talks later, but they had already moved on to DJ for the extension.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:31 pm

Survived a late lockett / walker run to move to 3-1 on the season. Woot. On to the next one.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:33 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:35 pm
joeya2001 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:28 pm Lock I’d imagine would pickup where Geno left off of anytbing were to happen to Geno in the future. Seattle is very QB friendly it seems.
:lol:

The disrespect to how well Geno is playing is staggering, here :nono:
I mean, Russ was playing well in Seattle as well, Geno came in and to much of the community thought he would stink it up. Here we are year 2 and still good. As long a Carol is the HC I’ll take any QB he anoints starter.
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:33 pm

81- wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:31 pm Survived a late lockett / walker run to move to 3-1 on the season. Woot. On to the next one.
Curious if that last 4 yard loss Walker had was the difference? I was livid he was out there to get smashed on that play, like that, with no need, 3 minutes left, up by 21.

Well done. FWIW, one of the matchups in a league I run ended with one owner winning by .07 points.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:37 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:33 pm
81- wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:31 pm Survived a late lockett / walker run to move to 3-1 on the season. Woot. On to the next one.
Curious if that last 4 yard loss Walker had was the difference? I was livid he was out there to get smashed on that play, like that, with no need, 3 minutes left, up by 21.

Well done. FWIW, one of the matchups in a league I run ended with one owner winning by .07 points.
Final margin was 3.5.

Losing by that amount would be painful.
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:39 pm

How many years have I been saying the dude can’t play. This is why FF is dumb sometimes, you get some mediocre players that just fall upwards, and other similarly talented and skilled and motivated players are benched within a year or two.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:15 pm

Noah Fant...now there's a name I have not heard in a long long time

brward
Rookie
Rookie

Postby brward » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:23 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:39 pm
How many years have I been saying the dude can’t play. This is why FF is dumb sometimes, you get some mediocre players that just fall upwards, and other similarly talented and skilled and motivated players are benched within a year or two.
Because rushing quarterbacks score more fantasy points than pocket passers for the most part. Look at Justin Fields meteoric rise last year. He wasn’t a good passer last year but he was an amazing rusher which led to great fantasy points. With the popularity of fantasy I think many fans conflate fantasy output to nfl talent when there are many cases, especially at qb, where fantasy points don’t equal talent

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:49 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:28 pm Lock I’d imagine would pickup where Geno left off of anytbing were to happen to Geno in the future. Seattle is very QB friendly it seems.
It's funny you say that. Fact is, that while most of us would probably say that we're not believers in Drew Lock (have to admit I'm skeptical). But as a Hawks fan, I can attest that the team really believes in Drew's abilities. The belief was that he was mishandled in Denver, and they wanted to see what he could do working into the system behind Geno.

I don't know that it's necessarily a "system" is more or less friendly for a particular QB. But rather, it's important to get QB(s) with the skills that you need to run whatever your system requires. Everyone thought Seattle would be terrible in 2022 after ditching Russ for Geno, and what transpired was completely unexpected in both cities.

Circa 2023 you've got Lock sitting again behind Geno, taking in the coaching and culture in hopes that he's ready when it's his chance to play. He didn't do much with the snaps he got tonight, but he didn't cause any problems either. So there's that.

Clearly the prime example this year is the success of Purdy in San Francisco. Jimmy G, and Lance couldn't do what Shanahan envisioned for his starting QB's over the last several seasons. Enter Purdy, by necessity, and the organization seemingly lucked-out into the type of player they'd coveted all along. Right player, right place, right time.

I'm not sure Geno or Brock will ever be great for our fantasy teams. But they're certainly getting the job done on the real world side of things.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:33 pm

When will teams just start letting mediocre qbs walk? They can get bad qb play from a multitude of qbs out there. No need to pay one $40m to get that kind of play.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:17 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:15 pm Noah Fant...now there's a name I have not heard in a long long time
*tips cap*

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:05 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:49 pm
It's funny you say that. Fact is, that while most of us would probably say that we're not believers in Drew Lock (have to admit I'm skeptical). But as a Hawks fan, I can attest that the team really believes in Drew's abilities. The belief was that he was mishandled in Denver, and they wanted to see what he could do working into the system behind Geno.

I don't know that it's necessarily a "system" is more or less friendly for a particular QB. But rather, it's important to get QB(s) with the skills that you need to run whatever your system requires. Everyone thought Seattle would be terrible in 2022 after ditching Russ for Geno, and what transpired was completely unexpected in both cities.

Circa 2023 you've got Lock sitting again behind Geno, taking in the coaching and culture in hopes that he's ready when it's his chance to play. He didn't do much with the snaps he got tonight, but he didn't cause any problems either. So there's that.

Clearly the prime example this year is the success of Purdy in San Francisco. Jimmy G, and Lance couldn't do what Shanahan envisioned for his starting QB's over the last several seasons. Enter Purdy, by necessity, and the organization seemingly lucked-out into the type of player they'd coveted all along. Right player, right place, right time.

I'm not sure Geno or Brock will ever be great for our fantasy teams. But they're certainly getting the job done on the real world side of things.
100% agree with this
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh