Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jerry Jeudy

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:02 am

I think he’s got a big future on Dancing with the Stars - well, right to where he drops his partner I guess…

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:08 am

I heard potential trade rumors of Colts or Panthers. Both I think are bad landing spots. Not that the Colts are bad, but he would be the clear #2 in a run heavy offense. The Panthers I think are bad, but maybe he could be the #1 there.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:15 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:38 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmfqJn4wcs

Just going to post this here to, after his 3/14 night. Spicy! :lol:
SSS is a national treasure

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:35 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:08 am I heard potential trade rumors of Colts or Panthers. Both I think are bad landing spots. Not that the Colts are bad, but he would be the clear #2 in a run heavy offense. The Panthers I think are bad, but maybe he could be the #1 there.
Downs has been coming on and has WAY more “my ball” in him than Jeudy. He’s playing in the slot.

Is Jeudy still playing slot mostly?

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:39 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:08 pm JAG = just a guy
Not until Gator says so!
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:37 am

remedy29 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:08 am I heard potential trade rumors of Colts or Panthers. Both I think are bad landing spots. Not that the Colts are bad, but he would be the clear #2 in a run heavy offense. The Panthers I think are bad, but maybe he could be the #1 there.
Worse than the Broncos?
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:45 am

https://denversports.com/2108310/mark-s ... -cut-both/
BY WILL PETERSEN
Denver Sports Analyst
The Denver Broncos have a lot of problems, but two of the biggest might be wide receivers Jerry Jeudy and Courtland Sutton.

Both disappeared for long stretches against the Jets in a 31-21 loss, as Denver’s anemic offense couldn’t get anything going at all in the third quarter and for half of the fourth quarter.

And on Tuesday, 104.3 The Fan’s Mark Schlereth ripped into both players. “Stink” told Mike Evans that effort is a major issue for Jeudy and Sutton.

“The effort from our starting wide receivers. Shame on Jerry Jeudy for even thinking he can utter the name of Rod Smith in his tweets. Shame on you, because you’re not a professional. And you don’t know what effort is. Your quarterback’s under duress, somebody locks you up in man coverage on an underneath route, and to call it trotting would be an insult to trotting. You just quit,” Schlereth said.

Schlereth is referencing Jeudy going after Broncos legend Rod Smith on Twitterafter the team barely beat the Bears nine days ago. Jeudy has also picked a fight with Shannon Sharpe on the same platform. Smith, Sharpe and Schlereth won two Super Bowls together with the Broncos in the late 1990s.

“Courtland Sutton not coming back to the ball. Neither of those two guys would play for me. I would cut both of those guys,” Schlereth said. “Jerry Jeudy would not be on my team. Jerry Jeudy could not play on the teams I played on if his life depended on it. He’s not tough enough, he’s not focused enough, he’s not good enough, he’s not anything enough.”

“He could not play on our teams. Mike Shanahan would cut him tomorrow. I would not have him on my team. You can have him. And that’s the reason the Broncos stink,” Schlereth continued.

We’ll see what happens between now and the Halloween trade deadline, but Jeudy and Sutton are definitely two candidates to be moved. While Schlereth would cut them, Denver certainly hopes to get a draft pick back for each guy in return.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:58 am

He's closer to JAG than a top 24 WR for me. He is still only 24 and maybe a team trades for him and gameplans around him, but I don't see it. I think he can still be a decent slot WR or part time weapon in an offense, but he just doesn't g.a.f. Someone I moved on name value long ago and it seems like his name value is finally running out.

I whiffed on him as a prospect too. Had him 1A to Lamb 1B. I REALLY liked what I saw from Lamb in college but consensus was Jeudy so I went with it as I viewed them similarly. Ironically, the only share I received was where a savvy owner went Lamb as the WR1 and let Jeudy 'fall' to me. I learned a lot from that WR class.

Also another example of how much work ethic/motivation leads to success, which is something we never really know from the outside. He was always a talented route runner, which I valued. There was some smoke about how he would be too flashy in his releases and throw timing off, but I thought that could be ironed out since he had the skillset. Obviously, played on that loaded Bama offense and was certainly a beneficiary, but he looked legit and won all over the field. He's just all talk at this point and a wasted talent.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:24 am

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:58 am He's closer to JAG than a top 24 WR for me. He is still only 24 and maybe a team trades for him and gameplans around him, but I don't see it. I think he can still be a decent slot WR or part time weapon in an offense, but he just doesn't g.a.f. Someone I moved on name value long ago and it seems like his name value is finally running out.

I whiffed on him as a prospect too. Had him 1A to Lamb 1B. I REALLY liked what I saw from Lamb in college but consensus was Jeudy so I went with it as I viewed them similarly. Ironically, the only share I received was where a savvy owner went Lamb as the WR1 and let Jeudy 'fall' to me. I learned a lot from that WR class.

Also another example of how much work ethic/motivation leads to success, which is something we never really know from the outside. He was always a talented route runner, which I valued. There was some smoke about how he would be too flashy in his releases and throw timing off, but I thought that could be ironed out since he had the skillset. Obviously, played on that loaded Bama offense and was certainly a beneficiary, but he looked legit and won all over the field. He's just all talk at this point and a wasted talent.
I took him over Jefferson! LOL OMG. Luckily I immediately traded Waller for Jefferson straight up. (Steal). OOF. Glad I moved him when I could.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:26 pm

Jerry Jeudy was a WR4 in 2020 as a rookie and basically a WR4 in games played in 2021. In 2022 he was WR#22 on a team that scored the least points in the NFL and had less passing yards per game than the Jets. In 2020 and 2021, Denver's offense was not much better than 2022. I do not think he is great or will be great, but I think he is a lot closer to WR2/3 than a JAG.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:04 pm

remedy29 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:26 pm Jerry Jeudy was a WR4 in 2020 as a rookie and basically a WR4 in games played in 2021. In 2022 he was WR#22 on a team that scored the least points in the NFL and had less passing yards per game than the Jets. In 2020 and 2021, Denver's offense was not much better than 2022. I do not think he is great or will be great, but I think he is a lot closer to WR2/3 than a JAG.
1/15 top-12 week (2/15 if you played in leagues that counted week 17)
0/15 top-24 week
8/15 weeks less than 10 PPR points

0/10 top-12 week
1/10 top-24 week
5/10 weeks less than 10 PPR points

2/14 top-12 weeks (3 if you played in leagues that count week 18)
5/14 top-24 weeks
5/14 weeks less than 10 PPR points

0/5 top-12 weeks
0/5 top-24 weeks
3/5 weeks less than 10 PPR points

He's had less than 10 PPR points nearly half of his career games. He was a good start 9/44 weeks

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:10 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:31 am He's been disappointing from a production standpoint. Some of that is him, some of that is being with Drew Lock for two years and Russell Wilson's regression last year. Still, I thought he had a chance to be a special talent, especially as a route runner and separator.

He showed signs of life towards the end of last season and looked good. I'm interested to see what a change of scenery does for him, but I don't think he has that upside to be really, really good anymore. We may see a few good T-24 seasons, but that's probably it.
I think it really comes down to maturity.

Jeudy has been playing the blame game his whole career and is dumb enough to tweet that out to the world.

Compare this to AJB who broke down and cried in the locker room after Mariota was benched for Tannehill his rookie year, apoligizing for not being good enough.

Great players don't look to the outside for why they can't succeed; They just get it done. Guys like Jeudy find excuses.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:26 pm

I was all in on Jeudy in 2020, but I am totally out on him now.

Traded away my last Jeudy share in a package for Dak (I know not great either) in a SF league, just before week 1 kickoff.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:47 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:26 pm I was all in on Jeudy in 2020, but I am totally out on him now.

Traded away my last Jeudy share in a package for Dak (I know not great either) in a SF league, just before week 1 kickoff.
Yep.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:32 pm

This guy seems radioactive, but I wonder at what price I'd hold my nose and take a chance on him. Late 2nd? Ugh. There's gonna be a lot of good WRs coming out next year with a fresh set of chances.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds