Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Jerry Jeudy Official Thread

Postby mild » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:44 pm

I'm team Jeudy, though I do love Ceedee. I took Jeudy at 1.08 and did backflips about it in my Superflex.

Here's everything I can think of regarding why I like him the most of any WR in this draft:

- It starts with the route running. He is pro-ready from this point of view - some WR's will never get to where he already is as a rookie.
- I think his game speed may be faster than his Combine tested time - anecdotal, for sure - but there were the clips of him running with/beating 4.3 corners, plus my favourite pet theory that running the combine drills at 10-11pm in Indy made for slower times overall
- SEPERATION! This guy already has so many releases and open-field moves and head-fakes... he can violently stop-and-start, and completely flip his hips directionally on the spot. He has the "make you miss" phone booth ability. He is going to be a handful to run with, even at the pro level - and if he is the starting slot with the whole field to work with... well, you love to see it.
- He can play inside and outside, and any touch he receives is a threat to be housed with his RAC ability. Ceedee gets all the YAC love, but Jeudy is just as much of a monster in the open field, imo.
- His QB openly stumped for him, and is already throwing with him. There's a non-zero chance that Lock latches on to JJ as his go-to... I'm a Sutton owner too, I'm more worried for him than I am for Jeudy.
- He has a great name. I mean, come on... he already sounds like a star.

More Jerry Jeudy goodness here in this breakdown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqrZbOcMs7g

Ceedee definitely went to the better situation (as it currently stands) but I still feel like Jerry is the best outright talent. Just my opinion. 8-)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:52 am

Outside of a knee that a couple of NFL teams may have been concerned about he is very solid. Juedy's situation is way better than some have voiced concerns about. Solid young QB in a division that a team better sling it to keep up. I actually think he has a few tells in route running with way too much unnecessary head fakes that won't fool elite DB's but he cuts very well off either foot and shows good hands and field awareness. One of the better comps i have seen on this player is Reggie Wayne. (pretty much identical measurable traits)

If he develops to be anywhere near that good he will have years as a #1 WR with very happy fantasy owners.

Ultimately he was my #3 WR in this class behind Ruggs and Lamb but all 3 are really close IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:52 pm

I like Jeudy, and I think he's going to be a solid WR2 with the upside to be Amari Cooper.

Courtland Sutton and Noah Fant will probably prevent him from reaching his ceiling, but I don't see a safer WR prospect in this draft class. In the standard fantasy draft setting that heavily emphasizes RB I'd rather take a shot at Cee Dee or Reagor for difference making upside at the WR position; but in a WR heavy (or RB devalued) league I'd probably take Jeudy #1 in this class

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:51 pm

Jeudy is the better prospect long term, but with no rookie camp or preseason, I could see Hamler getting a decent amount of work in 2020.

The routes Jeudy runs take reps, timing and rapport with a qb. A simple go route doesn't require nearly the same intricacies.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:58 pm

Separation wins.

One of my favorite WR prospects I've ever watched. As a route runner, he is absolutely incredible and it's going to translate immediately. He is very advanced in the technical aspects of being a WR. I think long-term he's the best WR on Denver and he's going to slide into the role that Adam Thielen played in Pat Shurmur's offense in the slot.

If you're getting him at 1.09-1.10 in standard 1QB drafts, then people are overthinking it.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:10 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:58 pm Separation wins.

One of my favorite WR prospects I've ever watched. As a route runner, he is absolutely incredible and it's going to translate immediately. He is very advanced in the technical aspects of being a WR. I think long-term he's the best WR on Denver and he's going to slide into the role that Adam Thielen played in Pat Shurmur's offense in the slot.

If you're getting him at 1.09-1.10 in standard 1QB drafts, then people are overthinking it.
The disrespect on Sutton from Jeudy truthers, man... SMH

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:14 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:58 pm Separation wins.

The disrespect on Sutton from Jeudy truthers, man... SMH
Serious question: how many 24 year old 1000 yard WRs have been overtaken by a freshly drafted rookie WR?

I think Jeudy is very good but I can't think of any examples

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:14 pm Serious question: how many 24 year old 1000 yard WRs have been overtaken by a freshly drafted rookie WR?

I don't think even the most ardent Jeudy truthers expect him to overtake Sutton in year 1.

The issue I have with them anointing him the eventual WR1 in that offense... Sutton came into the league as an extremely talented but raw prospect. He then showed massive improvements in route running for two years straight as well as led the NFL in broken tackles at the WR position while displaying elite body control in contested catch situations, and dominating his offense in terms of marketshare and dominator en route to putting up 1200 yards in a low volume, poor efficiency offense with Joe Flacco and Brandon Allen as his QB for most of the season (both of which were bottom 5 in the NFL on 3rd down).

jeudy is a fantastic prospect... but he's not AJ Green, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson. Sutton was absolutely fantastic in year 2 and we haven't even seen his ceiling, yet. Believing Jeudy is going to emerge as the top option on that offense when he's done absolutely nothing in the NFL against this level of target competition is a leap of faith you probably shouldn't be making.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:41 am

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:55 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:14 pm Serious question: how many 24 year old 1000 yard WRs have been overtaken by a freshly drafted rookie WR?

I don't think even the most ardent Jeudy truthers expect him to overtake Sutton in year 1.

The issue I have with them anointing him the eventual WR1 in that offense... Sutton came into the league as an extremely talented but raw prospect. He then showed massive improvements in route running for two years straight as well as led the NFL in broken tackles at the WR position while displaying elite body control in contested catch situations, and dominating his offense in terms of marketshare and dominator en route to putting up 1200 yards in a low volume, poor efficiency offense with Joe Flacco and Brandon Allen as his QB for most of the season (both of which were bottom 5 in the NFL on 3rd down).

jeudy is a fantastic prospect... but he's not AJ Green, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson. Sutton was absolutely fantastic in year 2 and we haven't even seen his ceiling, yet. Believing Jeudy is going to emerge as the top option on that offense when he's done absolutely nothing in the NFL against this level of target competition is a leap of faith you probably shouldn't be making.
Sutton was on pace for 896 yards during his time with Lock. Not all bad QBs are created equal, which a lot of people seem to ignore when citing the awful QBs a given receiver has produced with. While there is some expectation that Sutton’s rapport with Lock will improve, Shurmur’s recent history has put a lot of focus on the slot, which may only exacerbate the situation. Was Thielen a better receiver than Diggs? I don’t personally think so, but he was a better fit for Shurmur’s offense and therefore outproduced Diggs both years under Shurmur.

Personally, I think Sutton is a better receiver than Jeudy, but Jeudy may outproduce Sutton over the next couple years despite that.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:09 am

Sutton is a good player but he didn't really compare to Juedy when he came out. Juedy is a far better route runner with better top end speed.

Denver should be glad to have both but Juedy is the more versatile player by a pretty wide margin as he can play all 3 positions.

Hard to say who will ultimately be better but Juedy would be my long term choice pretty easily.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:15 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:09 am Sutton is a good player but he didn't really compare to Juedy when he came out. Juedy is a far better route runner with better top end speed.

Denver should be glad to have both but Juedy is the more versatile player by a pretty wide margin as he can play all 3 positions.

Hard to say who will ultimately be better but Juedy would be my long term choice pretty easily.
Yep, some guys come in and eventually take over the lead role, some never do. Happens in both directions all the time. And though it's rare, maybe they can both knock it out of the park, who knows?

Lock, Sutton, Jeudy, etc. is as wait and see as it gets - look forward to seeing how it actually develops! :wink:
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:09 am Sutton is a good player but he didn't really compare to Juedy when he came out. Juedy is a far better route runner with better top end speed.

That may have been true when Sutton came out, but his route running has really improved the past two seasons... and he's far more suited to the X receiver role than Jeudy will ever be. Jeudy is limited in the contested catch department, and it remains to be seen if his YAC translates to the NFL; where Sutton led all NFL WRs (by a lot) in broken tackles last year.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:06 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:11 pm

That may have been true when Sutton came out, but his route running has really improved the past two seasons... and he's far more suited to the X receiver role than Jeudy will ever be. Jeudy is limited in the contested catch department, and it remains to be seen if his YAC translates to the NFL; where Sutton led all NFL WRs (by a lot) in broken tackles last year.
Sutton being suited more for the X doesn’t mean much to me. Just because one WR is more suited for the X than another does not mean they are a better player or the WR1. X is just a position on the field, there’s nothing inherently special about it.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:23 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:06 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Sutton being suited more for the X doesn’t mean much to me. Just because one WR is more suited for the X than another does not mean they are a better player or the WR1. X is just a position on the field, there’s nothing inherently special about it.
My point was that Jeudy's versatility was overstated. It's not like he can do everything Sutton does and more. Neither of them have massive holes in their games, but both of them have particular things they are (or project to be) better in than others.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:31 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:14 pm
Serious question: how many 24 year old 1000 yard WRs have been overtaken by a freshly drafted rookie WR?

I'm not saying that Jeudy is going to overtake Sutton this year. I'm saying that long-term, Jeudy is going to be their best WR. Sutton is solid, but he is not the overall WR that Jeudy is.