2023 week 3

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: 2023 week 3

Postby Anteaters » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:34 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:33 pmRaiders debating Carr vs Jimmy G is football’s “they having a mid off” meme
:lol:
Will it be time for the Legend AoC soon?
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:24 pm

I just traded for Mostert on a contender where I am down both JT and Chubb

I caught Achane’s statline and immediately thought “crap! I guess Mostert got benched, or hurt”

I don’t ever remember seeing teammate RBs going off like this in the same game…
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:26 pm

Also, holy Keenan Allen!

If his production continues, he could become the next Puka!
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:31 am

Rookie WRs continue to impress.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:20 am

Anteaters wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:28 pm
81- wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:08 pm But I was told he could throw it and only need a quality receiver to show it
He's still waiting for a quality wide receiver. :(

Paying OBJ a lot of money was a mistake from the day they signed him.
Zay is a rookie who is not JJ or Chase, meaning he's a good prospect, but not someone defenses must scheme against. That means he's not a game changer. He's a good player and a good prospect, but Zay is not a commanding presence on the field game in and game out, yet.
Bateman is ... still Bateman.

The Baltimore fans were sold a bill of WR goods by the Ravens' management, without any actual goods to back it up.
This is extremely overreactionairy.

This Baltimore offense is already the most promising it's been in years, today's bumps notwithstanding. (Despite the fact that they didn't deserve to lose the way they did, the refs decided this game)

I think if you're a Baltimore fan - especially with the Bengals and Steelers both looking extremely shaky - you're pretty happy with the early returns on the Todd Monken era so far. I know I am, as a big Lamar fan.

There's a lot of time left. The ceiling of this thing is just so much higher now than it was under Roman. Give it a minute. Let it breathe.

Relax.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:35 am

frerichs5 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:11 pm
remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:52 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:40 pm Jets can’t trade their 1st or 2nd rounder this year because of the Rodgers deal not being completely done yet. I don’t see the Vikings trading him for 2025 picks, but I could be wrong.
I do not think the Jets will, or should even consider it, trade significant draft capital for a QB at this point in the season. However, if they really wanted to, the Jets can negotiate to finalize their deal with the Packers, and then be free to make a trade for Cousins.

The Vikings were in each game. They will win games this year, maybe even compete for playoffs. I dont see them losing nearly enough to land Caleb.

I can see the Bears or Panthers getting the 1st pick.
I was not aware you could renegotiate a trade essentially. That would make it work if true. Another hurdle too…Cousins has a no trade clause. Does he want to leave for another team, for a partial year, only to then move on again? Or play out the year and pick his next spot from there?
Some good stuff here. And yes, as I suspected - Sunday is barely in the books and the trade talk content mill is already starting:
https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/vik ... peculation

You can expect to hear this one getting banded about on the usual channels this week. To the points above:

"The Vikings were in each game. They will win games this year, maybe even compete for playoffs. I dont see them losing nearly enough to land Caleb." - you don't see how this team could keep losing consistently if they turn over the keys to Nick Mullens?

"Another hurdle too…Cousins has a no trade clause. Does he want to leave for another team, for a partial year, only to then move on again? Or play out the year and pick his next spot from there?"

This is the good spice. Cousins actually completely controls this, if he wants it to happen. As was pointed out "I don't think the Jets should give up premium draft capital for a QB" - ok, but why would they have to in this case?

We're talking about a 14 game rental at this point, with a chance of playoffs to the acquiring team.

Not only does Kirk have a no-trade clause (so he will control whether he's a Viking this year whether Kwesi wants him to or not) - he also has an effective No Tag clause too, by another name. It's actually genius - his team made the contract date void directly after the Franchise Tag due-date for 2024. He can't be tagged. Big props to his agent.

The ball is in Kirk's court on this one. If he would rather go try and save the Jets, he probably has that option. If O'Connell and Jefferson want him to stay put, and to try to win anyway - they can lobby for that too.

The Vikings getting -anything- in return for Cousins right now would be a major win if this is a player that they've decided isn't in their future plans anyway. If he's a Viking in 2024, it will be because they re-commit to him on another major contract on his terms. They can't tag him. Once again, Kirk is showing how business is done as a QB in the modern FA market.

Mentioned in the article - the Vikings didn't come to an agreement with Jefferson this offseason. It remains to be seen what he would think of all of this if the team moves on from Kirk.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:06 am

mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:20 am
81- wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:08 pm But I was told he could throw it and only need a quality receiver to show it

Zay is a rookie who is not JJ or Chase, meaning he's a good prospect, but not someone defenses must scheme against. That means he's not a game changer. He's a good player and a good prospect, but Zay is not a commanding presence on the field game in and game out, yet.

The Baltimore fans were sold a bill of WR goods by the Ravens' management, without any actual goods to back it up.

This Baltimore offense is already the most promising it's been in years, today's bumps notwithstanding. (Despite the fact that they didn't deserve to lose the way they did, the refs decided this game)

I think if you're a Baltimore fan - especially with the Bengals and Steelers both looking extremely shaky - you're pretty happy with the early returns on the Todd Monken era so far. I know I am, as a big Lamar fan.

There's a lot of time left. The ceiling of this thing is just so much higher now than it was under Roman. Give it a minute. Let it breathe.

Relax.
I hope you're right. I'm not a huge Baltimore fan, but they're on my list of teams that I like that aren't the Dolphins. And I'm a huge Lamar fan, so I follow the team closely. I believe in Monken. However, I'm not nearly convinced the WRs as a group are much better than they were last season. I'm not sure they're any better. Hollywood was/is an underrated hi-quality WR. The only WR in Baltimore who has a chance to match or exceed Hollywood is Zay and he's not there yet. I hope he gets there, and I hope OBJ can look like a good WR for at least half the games. If that happens, We'll get a good look at what a Monken-Lamar offense might be capable of.

I want you to be right. I recently got two tickets, second row from the field for the Ravens-Dolphins game in December. It would be great to see a high-scoring back-and-forth game that the Dolphins win.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:23 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:06 am I hope you're right. I'm not a huge Baltimore fan, but they're on my list of teams that I like that aren't the Dolphins. And I'm a huge Lamar fan, so I follow the team closely. I believe in Monken. However, I'm not nearly convinced the WRs as a group are much better than they were last season. I'm not sure they're any better.
You're out of your mind with that take. Like, all the way cuckoo.

The Ravens leading receivers last season, the year of our lord 2022:

Demarcus Robinson - 17 games - 458 yards
Devin Duvernay - 14 games - 407 yards
Rashod Bateman - 5 games - 285 yards
the 37 Year Old Ghost of Desean Jackson - 7 games - 153 yards

This year, Nelson Agholor is the WR4 on the depth chart. He would have been the WR1 on the 2022 roster. You are in a LOT better shape when a player like Nelson Agholor gets to operate as a progression read depth guy, rather than as the primary option. Suggesting that this years group is "not any better" than that group is just reactionary nonsense.

Through 3 games, Zay Flowers leads the team with 188 yards receiving. Whilst not "Puka Nacua All Stars" level of production, that's already what one might call "promising for a rookie" - and especially so on a Ravens team that is undergoing an offensive identity shift under Monken.

Believe what you want to believe - but at least do us the common courtesy of backing it up with stats and logic over "vibes based" takes.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:27 am

Zay > Hollywood

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:36 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:06 am
mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:20 am

Relax.
I hope you're right. I'm not a huge Baltimore fan, but they're on my list of teams that I like that aren't the Dolphins. And I'm a huge Lamar fan, so I follow the team closely. I believe in Monken. However, I'm not nearly convinced the WRs as a group are much better than they were last season. I'm not sure they're any better. Hollywood was/is an underrated hi-quality WR. The only WR in Baltimore who has a chance to match or exceed Hollywood is Zay and he's not there yet. I hope he gets there, and I hope OBJ can look like a good WR for at least half the games. If that happens, We'll get a good look at what a Monken-Lamar offense might be capable of.

I want you to be right. I recently got two tickets, second row from the field for the Ravens-Dolphins game in December. It would be great to see a high-scoring back-and-forth game that the Dolphins win.
You must mean 2021, because last year Brown was in Arizona and the leading receiver in Baltimore was DeMarcus Robinson with 458 yards, followed by Devin Duvernay with 407.

The WRs are clearly better this year than last, but I agree it's not some WR group that defenses are going to be scared of. They need OBJ to stay healthy and Bateman to step up.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:40 am

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:27 am Zay > Hollywood
I'm one of the biggest Zay fans out there, but Im not sure this is entirely true yet. Zay is more electric with the ball in his hands, but mostly short to intermediate routes. Hollywood is better downfield threat. I'm hopeful Zay can unlock the deep stuff, because it's all he's missing.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:49 am

mild wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:23 am
Anteaters wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:06 am I hope you're right. I'm not a huge Baltimore fan, but they're on my list of teams that I like that aren't the Dolphins. And I'm a huge Lamar fan, so I follow the team closely. I believe in Monken. However, I'm not nearly convinced the WRs as a group are much better than they were last season. I'm not sure they're any better.
You're out of your mind with that take. Like, all the way cuckoo.

The Ravens leading receivers last season, the year of our lord 2022:

Demarcus Robinson - 17 games - 458 yards
Devin Duvernay - 14 games - 407 yards
Rashod Bateman - 5 games - 285 yards
the 37 Year Old Ghost of Desean Jackson - 7 games - 153 yards
My mistake. I meant the 2023 WRs aren't necessarily much better than the 2021 WRs. I meant to use the last year of Hollywood in Baltimore.
You're absolute correct that the '23 WRs are way better than the '22 WRs.
CGW wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:36 amYou must mean 2021, because last year Brown was in Arizona and the leading receiver in Baltimore was DeMarcus Robinson with 458 yards, followed by Devin Duvernay with 407.

The WRs are clearly better this year than last, but I agree it's not some WR group that defenses are going to be scared of. They need OBJ to stay healthy and Bateman to step up.
Yep. I certainly did.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:22 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:26 pm Also, holy Keenan Allen!

If his production continues, he could become the next Puka!
His early production makes this even funnier - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=238170

(TLDR: Kupp owner put him on the block prior to season and said "Can't afford to not have Kupp for 4 games, looking for a producing veteran WR; Then laughed at me when I offered him Keenan, and said it would be closer if I offered him Waddle).

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:23 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:24 pm I just traded for Mostert on a contender where I am down both JT and Chubb
What did you pay? I bought yesterday on a contender. But it was impulsive and I regret it lol

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:23 am

CGW wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:40 am
Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:27 am Zay > Hollywood
I'm one of the biggest Zay fans out there, but Im not sure this is entirely true yet. Zay is more electric with the ball in his hands, but mostly short to intermediate routes. Hollywood is better downfield threat. I'm hopeful Zay can unlock the deep stuff, because it's all he's missing.
I think they work down the field similarly, except Zay doesn't stray from contact. He will go up and make tough catches and he also fights for YAC. Hollywood either was wide open, or is on the ground. Hollywood is a solid WR. I think Zay is and will be better