Legend
Legend

Re: CJ Stroud & Coin Flips

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:54 am

So, where does Stroud rank ...
For 2024 season ending QB projections?
In SF Dynasty for QBs?
On the coin flip question?

Stroud's ascension should give everyone pause who is thinking of paying a king's ransom to get one to the top of the 2024 fantasy draft. Sometimes, getting the third "best" option turns out to be the best option.

Sit tight young jedi, and allow the draft to deliver your treasure to you! Don't worry if you need to add a stud+1st to move up from 1.05 to get your new rookie QB. It's very possible (likely even?) you can get the best QB at 1.05
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:07 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:54 am So, where does Stroud rank ...
In SF Dynasty for QBs?

Stroud's ascension should give everyone pause who is thinking of paying a king's ransom to get one to the top of the 2024 fantasy draft. Sometimes, getting the third "best" option turns out to be the best option.

Sit tight young jedi, and allow the draft to deliver your treasure to you! Don't worry if you need to add a stud+1st to move up from 1.05 to get your new rookie QB. It's very possible (likely even?) you can get the best QB at 1.05
Dynasty Rank - I think the common question is T.Law vs. Stroud. IMO that's way too low. I think it's more like Herbert vs. Stroud. I'll take Stroud. So that means I'm taking him as QB5 (Hurts, Allen, Mahomes, Jax in some order).

Paying a King's Ransom - if I understand you correctly I agree with that. The '24 QB class is very good. Some will hit, some will bust of course but as a set of NFL prospects it's inarguably strong. I wouldn't trade up to get one or another. Between the WRs and QBs there will be good players to take all throughout the first round in SF. I don't think it's worth paying a big price to move up. Just take what comes. I'm expecting to see Daniels and Nix hype and assuming he declares I expect JJM to creep up as well. JJM might be a steal at the end of first, early 2nd as he could land somewhere fairly decent.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:07 am
In SF Dynasty for QBs?

Dynasty Rank - I think the common question is T.Law vs. Stroud. IMO that's way too low. I think it's more like Herbert vs. Stroud. I'll take Stroud. So that means I'm taking him as QB5 (Hurts, Allen, Mahomes, Jax in some order).

Paying a King's Ransom - if I understand you correctly I agree with that. The '24 QB class is very good. Some will hit, some will bust of course but as a set of NFL prospects it's inarguably strong. I wouldn't trade up to get one or another. Between the WRs and QBs there will be good players to take all throughout the first round in SF. I don't think it's worth paying a big price to move up. Just take what comes. I'm expecting to see Daniels and Nix hype and assuming he declares I expect JJM to creep up as well. JJM might be a steal at the end of first, early 2nd as he could land somewhere fairly decent.
Yeah, that's what I meant. That whoever is the consensus QB1 or QB2 might be outplayed by the third or fourth QB chosen in your fantasy draft. Too many fantasy managers give up a ton to move up and I wouldn't want to end up looking like the fantasy version of the Carolina Panthers.
TEAM 1:
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:11 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 am
In SF Dynasty for QBs?

Yeah, that's what I meant. That whoever is the consensus QB1 or QB2 might be outplayed by the third or fourth QB chosen in your fantasy draft. Too many fantasy managers give up a ton to move up and I wouldn't want to end up looking like the fantasy version of the Carolina Panthers.
I agree although I don't remember people trading up to get B.Young. They traded up to get Bijan. I said it was a bad move then - simply too costly. But for those that paid the price they shouldn't be too disappointed. Bijan remains a top FF asset.

We'll see what it costs to move up to get MHJR. My bet is pricey. But I'm more okay with paying up on WR than a RB. Glad I have the 1.01 in my only non-devy league.

Hogs2.0
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Hogs2.0 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:20 pm

Anteaters wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:18 am
In SF Dynasty for QBs?

I did this in this year's rookie draft. Nobody would accept my trade offers to let me into the the top 5 of the draft. I really wanted to select AR, Young or Stroud. So, instead of overpaying, I waited until the draft was over and I made a trade for Stroud. I gave up a 2025 1st + Drake London for Stroud. At the time I was bummed to lose London, but now he's a distant memory haha. I landed up picking BPA with the 1.6 pick and selecting JSN. Latter in the draft I snagged Puka with one of my later round picks. Like you mentioned, you just never know what gems will fall to you or what opportunities will present themselves after the draft.
Team 1 - 20 Team Superflex:
QB: CJ.Stroud, B.Zappe
RB: D.Montgomery, K.Gainwell, I.Abanikanda
WR: C.Olave, P.Nacua, T.Higgins, J.Smith-Njigba, C.Sutton, N.Brown
TE: T.McBride, L.Thomas, B.Jordan

Team 2 - 20 Team Superflex
QB: L.Jackson, J.Love
RB: T.Pollard
WR: C.Lamb, J.Waddle, K.Allen, R.Doubs, P.Washington
TE: I.Likely, I.Smith, J.Graham

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:20 pm

In SF Dynasty for QBs?

yeppers here. Let the draft come to you. As long as you have a top 6 spot you should feel great. I do agree there could be a nice diamond in the rough QWB out there at the back end of round 1 in SF.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:06 am

I agree with not overpaying to move up just to move up, but I will also say there's a ton of advantages to moving up to pick your guys. Last year I moved up in two leagues in the drafts to target Stroud and Zay. No I didn't have to move to 1.01 to do it, but the point is I gladly paid what it cost to get my guys. It may not work out, but had I not, there's no chance I got either of them with my draft slots.

A few years back I moved up to the 1.01 to get Murray in several leagues when there was all the nonsense about him playing baseball. Don't regret that decision at all. He's been the cornerstone of some of my best teams since 2019. You might get lucky by letting Stroud, or Tua, or a Herbert slip to you, but that requires your league mates passing on them AND you being in the right spot to draft them. I propose not "letting the draft come to you" and moving up or down to get your guys. Much easier decision to live with when they inevitably do not pan out.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:08 am

Regarding trade ups, I love doing it if it gets me into another tier of prospects. I end up trading up a lot in the 2nd once the draft pool thins out. Traded up for WR like Reed and Mims this past year

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:53 am

CGW wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:06 am I agree with not overpaying to move up just to move up, but I will also say there's a ton of advantages to moving up to pick your guys. Last year I moved up in two leagues in the drafts to target Stroud and Zay. No I didn't have to move to 1.01 to do it, but the point is I gladly paid what it cost to get my guys. It may not work out, but had I not, there's no chance I got either of them with my draft slots.

A few years back I moved up to the 1.01 to get Murray in several leagues when there was all the nonsense about him playing baseball. Don't regret that decision at all. He's been the cornerstone of some of my best teams since 2019. You might get lucky by letting Stroud, or Tua, or a Herbert slip to you, but that requires your league mates passing on them AND you being in the right spot to draft them. I propose not "letting the draft come to you" and moving up or down to get your guys. Much easier decision to live with when they inevitably do not pan out.
And even if you are in the right spot for the end of the tier to just take whatever is left….yes, you could get Stroud. You could also get Zach Wilson/Mac Jones.

Nothing is foolproof.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:05 am

frerichs5 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:53 amNothing is foolproof.
In fantasy football, that's probably the biggest truth out there.
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:10 am

Anteaters wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:05 am
Well there is one…. If you send a trade offer to TStafford and it makes the bad trade thread, it’s for sure a bad offer. :-)
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:26 am

TheTroll wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:10 am
Anteaters wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:05 am
Well there is one…. If you send a trade offer to TStafford and it makes the bad trade thread, it’s for sure a bad offer. :-)
It's ridiculous the offers I get in that league. I don't know the other owners well enough to ask but I wonder if they are getting the same kind of offers or if it's personal!

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:30 pm

Schultz resigned. Mixon signed. Diggs acquired.

Is there any reason to not expect CJ to be the dynasty QB1 some time during the 2024 season? Strike up the grill, put on the music, and let's have a cook-out all summer through the fall.

This is going to be fun!
TEAM 1:

TEAM 2:
2023 semifinals loser

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:35 am

CJ Stroud's coin :D
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.09, 1.10, 1.11, 2.01, 2.05, 3.01, 3.04
2025: 3 1sts, 1 2nd

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:49 pm

Welp, I guess this officially counts out AR and Young. Can't have two heads from the same class.
:D