Jermichael Finley?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Re: Jermichael Finley?

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:56 pm

If Finley is wanting a huge payday he'll get it from another team. The packers have 6 total TEs on their roster. The Packers planned ahead for this. I would t be the least bit surprised of Finley is on another team next season.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:56 pm

meroj wrote:
Chris_R wrote:
joeday wrote: because I own Gronk and Graham and actually intentionally avoided Finley even though he was a pre season top 3 TE pick.

I'm still buying Finley if I can in dynasty leagues, in fact I have heard alot of rumblings he wants out of GB, and he's more concerned with his personal well-being aka getting fed the ball then winning, at his age, and how he acts after a 1st down catch seem to verify that for me. He's going to be hit or miss in GB, but his contract is up pretty soon. If he goes somewhere like San Diego once they depart with Gates, he's firmly back in my top 3. The talent is there, just not the targets. That's not enough for me to give up on him because I value talent pretty highly in dynasties even if for 1 reason or another it's not adding up yet.

This comment couldnt be further from the truth. The guy is practically begging GB to resign him and has openly stated he'd be fine with franchise tag. He is the furtherest thing from a "me first" guy, all he cares about is winning. I don't know what your sources are but be careful not to peg a guy as selfish who isnt. He hasnt said or done anything to warrant that tag.
I agree that he's stated he wants to stay or be franchise-tagged. He DOES exhibit some me-first tendencies with his ridiculous over the top 1st down celebrations. This coming from a life-time Pack fan. Jennings, Nelson, and Cobb make far more impressive plays and you don't see any showboating.

aggs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby aggs » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:44 pm

I drafted Finley in the third round of an August startup this year, thinking draft young talent at all positions then worry about need later. I followed up later in the draft with Hernandez and Gresham. So many tight ends were taken later in the draft it surprised me but people always say wait for tight ends. However, who's going to wait for Jimmy Graham next year when you can roll him out for the next 10 years? That's unfortunately what I thought I was going to get from Finley. Blame it on my ignorance.

Drafting Finley high is what kills dynasty teams. It's too late to trade him for his draft-day value, and if he's back in Green Back I'd expect the same type of games from him as in 2011.

I know dynasty is a waiting game and that's what I plan to do. Not much else to do.

It pains me to see Gronk and Graham dominate at the position and know Finley isn't A) The main option in GB and 2) Not at their level.

aggs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby aggs » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Rodgers still everything to involve Finley in this great matchup vs the Giants back 7.

Finley did well in my 1.5 PPR league but the drops....are....MADDENING!! Three drops on the day.

tdorbust
Role Player
Role Player

Postby tdorbust » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:24 pm

I dont know where Chris is from but it must be Mars.
http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/10/31 ... kID=593580

Nuff said, Finley wants to stay in Green Bay bad.
Go Pack Go!

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:32 am

What receiver does not want to stay with the hottest QB on a pass first team, with a Super Bowl a year behind and a legit possibility at a Super Bowl for the next half dozen years? Iโ€™d want to be on that team for the franchise tag (actually much less but if he gets a franchise tag he is making bank) for the rings alone, even if I did not start! It is not a question of if Finley wants to stay, it is a question on if the Packers management wants Finley to stay. I have not been watching many Packers games but I would not be surprised it they are purposely trying to cut down on Rogers targeting Finley. The less use/stats/glory he has this season means they can sign him cheaper for long term and then use him however they want starting next season... if he can stay healthy. The Packers do not need him but I think they would like to have him, just at a reasonable price.

I drafted Finley on my redraft and am not happy but that does not mean he does not hold dynasty value. If he leaves he could go to the Redskins who over pay or the Giants who need a better TE option and still put up good numbers. If he goes to the Redskins he may be the best WR on the team and put up better numbers through massive targeting alone.

Dynasty rating on Finley: Brutal Hold

Addendum: If he goes to the Seahawks Finley is an immediate cut.

Team Canada
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Team Canada » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:06 pm

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the Packers are expected to place the franchise tag on Jermichael Finley if the sides can't agree to an extension before February.
Finley told reporters this week that his agent is not in long-term talks with the Packers. "If they do (use the tag), it's something I've got to work through and talk it out," he said. Finley missed most of 2010 with a knee injury and has dropped too many passes this year, so he should consider himself lucky to be paid as a top-five NFL tight end. The sides could get serious about a long-term deal if Finley turns in a healthy, productive 2012 campaign.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Dec 10 - 4:30 PM

Chances are he is staying
Don't bet against Nightmarion...he made me look like a fool :)

10 team $250 cap, 0.5 ppr- QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, flex
QB- Brady ($18/2yrs),Ponder ($5/1yr)
RB- CJ ($25/3yrs), AP($25/2yrs), Spiller ($15/2yrs), Martin ($10/4yrs), L.James($2/4yrs)
WR- Dem Thomas ($41/1yr), Nicks ($20/3yrs), Fitzgerald ($20/2yrs), Tampa Mike ($18/2yrs), Jeffery ($6/3yrs), V.Brown($5/1yr)
TE- Graham ($15/2yrs), Brandon Myers ($1/1yr), Dennis Pitta ($1/1yr)
Picks- 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.5, 1.9, 2.9

12 team ppr, QB, RB, WR, TE, 4 flexes
QB- Arod, Fitz, Gabbert
RB- Lynch, Spiller, Ridley, Hunter, Gerhart, Goodson, Benson
WR- Fitz, White, Britt, Maclin, Vjax, Little, Jean, Jenkins, Shipley, Easley, Edelman, Gettis, A.Holmes, Lockette, Morgan, R.Wallace
TE- V.Davis, Stocker, J.Thomas, DJ Williams

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:34 am

It's amazing to me, that it seems he thinks he should be paid higher than franchise tag. He should be thankful to have the best QB, not produce top 5 numbers, after missing most of last year, not contributing to the Super Bowl win, and get paid in the top 5.

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:35 am

Lumps wrote:It's amazing to me, that it seems he thinks he should be paid higher than franchise tag. He should be thankful to have the best QB, not produce top 5 numbers, after missing most of last year, not contributing to the Super Bowl win, and get paid in the top 5.
Agreed.

Weeping_Souls
Starter
Starter

Postby Weeping_Souls » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:45 am

Finley is going to argue he deserves the WR tag salary as he plays as more of a WR than a TE
Leatherheads I
Start: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, ST, 5 Flex (Exc. QB, K, ST)
12 Teams |5 Flex | 1pt PPR
http://www56.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0009

Leatherheads II - 2015 Champions
Start: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DL, LB, DB, ST, 8 Flex (Exc. QB, K, ST)
12 Teams | 5 Flex | 1pt PPR
http://www63.myfantasyleague.com/2016/o ... =07&F=0007

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:54 am

Welks287 wrote:Finley is going to argue he deserves the WR tag salary as he plays as more of a WR than a TE
I hope he argues himself into the Seahawks locker room. Not a fan.

aggs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby aggs » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:03 pm

If I could get fair value for him I would trade his bleep. Unfortunately he's worth more on my team than off it. Guy's so frustrating. How do you not fight for that pass in the end zone? All he does is draw double coverage most of the time and I don't think that's worth all the money he's asking.

bigcsr67
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby bigcsr67 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:57 am

With Jennings on the shelf, this is the time for Finley to shine. His team needs him to make some plays.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:59 am

bigcsr67 wrote:With Jennings on the shelf, this is the time for Finley to shine. His team needs him to make some plays.
if he doesnt (and I hope he doesnt cause I play against him this week) then he shouldnt be resigned or tagged IMO. They have like 5 TEs on roster...I am sure the next guy would step up next season. Heck with Rodgers playing QB I think I could play TE for the Pack
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 โ€“ 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 โ€“ ๐Ÿ†
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 โ€“ ๐Ÿฅˆ

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB โ€“
RB โ€“ Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR โ€“ AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE โ€“

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 โ€“ 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 โ€“ ๐Ÿ†
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 โ€“ ๐Ÿฅˆ

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB โ€“ Joe Burrow
RB โ€“ Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR โ€“ Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE โ€“ Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 โ€“ 0

COOL_HAND_LUKE
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby COOL_HAND_LUKE » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:38 am

From Rotoworld:

Contract talks between the Packers and Jermichael Finley "appear to be going nowhere," according to the Press-Gazette.
Finley's drops and overall decline in production this season may have something to do with the stalled negotiations. If a long-term deal can't be reached, he'll be a strong candidate for the franchise tag. In that case, Finley has already said that his agent will argue that he's a wide receiver -- not a tight end. The franchise tag for a wide receiver is projected at $9.4 million for 2012 while the tight end number will be around $5.4 million.

If Finley gets tagged as a WR (so he gets paid more) would he switch to a WR for fantasy purpose? This would kill all hope for a bounce back season.