Is Josh Allen a dynasty asset to worry about?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Is Josh Allen a dynasty asset to worry about?

Postby mild » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:19 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:57 pm
mild wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:53 pm

By your logic the Cardinals currently have the 2nd best defense in the league.

Raiders DST scored 3 fantasy points this week, so I'm really not sure what you're going on about. They're woeful.

Next 5:

@BUF
PIT
@LAC
GB
NE

Beware this outrageous Las Vegas homer, fantasy friends!
You're moving goal posts now, though.
You're surprised by this because? :wtf:
I mean, if we're back here... I'm still waiting to see by exactly what metric FF is ranking LV Raiders a Top 10 defense.

I checked DVOA, ESPN, PFF, and my mate Sully from Jersey's rankings... all still rank them as a back arse of the league Defense.

Can't be fantasy points, they're not top 10 there.

I don't see how I'm the one getting slack for saying the Las Vegas Raiduhz sport a terrible defense. :lol:

Josh Allen is going to slay them dead.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:54 pm

I'm not worried about him at all. Not at all.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:27 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:57 pm I was just having a bit of fun, I don't think the Raiders are good, don't worry. It's just the first time I can claim the Raiders are a top 10 ranked D since I can remember, and it will likely be the last week I can claim it. :lol:
humor is hard...
understanding that you're talking about points conceded is apparently harder.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:59 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:27 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:57 pm I was just having a bit of fun, I don't think the Raiders are good, don't worry. It's just the first time I can claim the Raiders are a top 10 ranked D since I can remember, and it will likely be the last week I can claim it. :lol:
humor is hard...
How is that a ranking of overall defense, mister Giant Killer?

I said they're a bottom ranked defense and that's still true on every ranked site you could care to check.

Looking forward to Allen pulling this secondary's teeth through their buttholes on Sunday. Good times. 8-)

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:54 pm

mild wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:59 pm
humor is hard...

I said they're a bottom ranked defense and that's still true on every ranked site you could care to check.

Looking forward to Allen pulling this secondary's teeth through their buttholes on Sunday. Good times. 8-)
PA and Yards against, top 10, actually. I was referring to where they were ranked based on statistics, not some sites opinon, bu relax man, the entire thing was a joke. You're getting bent out of shape about a joke. The Raiders aren't good, it's not like I don't know that. I'd prefer them to lose 13 games and fire their coach and draft a QB with some hope, over a re-tread, and beating the hapless Broncos by a point.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:54 pm PA and Yards against, top 10, actually. I was referring to where they were ranked based on statistics, not some sites opinon, bu relax man, the entire thing was a joke. You're getting bent out of shape about a joke.
I'm just being reasonable. 8-)

See:
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:45 pm It's not a claim, it's a fact. It's probably the only time I can factually claim they are a top 10 D for another 10 years, and I haven't been able to claim it for at least a few decades, so I'm taking the opportunity here, to post the fact that the Raiders are currently (key word) a top 10 ranked D.
Still doesn't sound like much of a joke to me. I too can pick a cool guy statistic and wilfully misrepresent a hill to die on! I do it all the time :lol:

There's not one analyst in the world ranking the Raiduhz as a Top 10 D.

Anyway, I think this guy is the one that needs to relax... he seems to think he's the COOL GUY POLICE
killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:27 am humor is hard...
What a hard man.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:25 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:54 pm
mild wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:59 pm

humor is hard...

PA and Yards against, top 10, actually. I was referring to where they were ranked based on statistics, not some sites opinon, bu relax man, the entire thing was a joke. You're getting bent out of shape about a joke. The Raiders aren't good, it's not like I don't know that. I'd prefer them to lose 13 games and fire their coach and draft a QB with some hope, over a re-tread, and beating the hapless Broncos by a point.
I ask again, You’re surprised by this Because? 😂
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:30 pm

Ice wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:25 pm I ask again, You’re surprised by this Because? 😂
Love you too Ice my friend! 8-)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:21 pm

mild wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:30 pm
Ice wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:25 pm I ask again, You’re surprised by this Because? 😂
Love you too Ice my friend! 8-)
👍 As long as you smile and not take everything too serious we will get along fine!

I have known FF for over a decade and his wit is second to none!

👍
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:50 pm

I am very concerned about Allen.
Waiting for him to have a few big games then try to move him.

I only have him in one league, and I just got him in that league a week before the season started for Kyler + late 24 1st + mid 25 1st.

That gave me Mahomes and Allen in a 12 team SF league, and my team got crushed in week 1. :lol:
Also lost Dobbins as my RB2 in week 1, beautiful.

I went from thinking I was a contender in 2023, to being an absolute pretender in 1 week.
I have Mahomes, Allen, and Bijan, but very little else around them. Top WR's are London, Burks, and Elijah Moore.
With Dobbins out I have Allgeier and Roschon behind Bijan now.
TE's are: Kincaid, Knox, Chiggy, and Fant. :wall:

Thank goodness I only have Allen in 1 league.
No way I would trade Burrow, Hurts, Herbert, TLaw for Allen right now.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:24 pm

I hope he loses his mojo
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:26 am

Sell for whatever you can get, imo.

This Top 10 Raiders Defense is making him look FOOLISH today!

8-)

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:35 pm

He's just not as elite as he used to be, but sure he's elite, but something seems off. So, in short...sell?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:01 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:26 am Sell for whatever you can get, imo.

This Top 10 Raiders Defense is making him look FOOLISH today!

8-)
I'm back on the Allen train. If he can do that to a LEGIT top 10 ranked D, he's still elite! :lol: I just wish my Raiders had lost last week. Get that ownership/staff out of there. It's pathetic.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:15 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:01 pm I'm back on the Allen train. If he can do that to a LEGIT top 10 ranked D, he's still elite! :lol: I just wish my Raiders had lost last week. Get that ownership/staff out of there. It's pathetic.
I did see that the Raiders defense was ranked #2 overall in Expected Points per pass (attempted against) for Week 1 so I do humbly apologise for not accepting them as a Top 10 defense.

Here's hoping this Jimmy G offense can at least get on track to start matching the defense's elite play. Would be a shame for another of this ageing Raiders' core's all-in pushes to come to naught.