Is Josh Allen a dynasty asset to worry about?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is Josh Allen a dynasty asset to worry about?

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:14 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:09 pm
tyronehill wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:42 pm Seems like an overreaction to week 1, in which most of the big name QBs struggled.
While I agree with that statement there has been some smoke of truth on it. Allen's contract is only going to grow leaving less money elsewhere. I don't see too many WR's lining up to play in Buffalo either. Time will tell on how much they want to push all in.
Allen for Lawrence plus seems like a pivot I would try.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:26 pm

Recent startup, I sent Allen for Herbert and a 2024 devy pick from a bottom 4 team. Doesn't feel the best based on history, but Allen can't run forever and a couple of years from now without Diggs, his ceiling will be lowered. I'll take a chance on a QB who hopefully hasn't hit their ceiling just yet.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:42 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:26 pm Recent startup, I sent Allen for Herbert and a 2024 devy pick from a bottom 4 team. Doesn't feel the best based on history, but Allen can't run forever and a couple of years from now without Diggs, his ceiling will be lowered. I'll take a chance on a QB who hopefully hasn't hit their ceiling just yet.
I think Herbert his his FF ceiling 2 years ago, or close to it, but I think Allen's comes down. Herbert doesn't run, so close to 40 TD's and 5000 yards is as good as it will get for him, but I don't think Allen can get to those numbers as likely as Herbert can, and Allen's rushing will come down, or he'll get hurt. I think it's a decent move.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:54 pm

One thing I do know is that there should be a monster bounce back this week against the 29th ranked defense in Las Vegas.

I'm expecting a big get-back game.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:19 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:54 pm One thing I do know is that there should be a monster bounce back this week against the 29th ranked defense in Las Vegas.

Raiders are a top 10 Defense this year. 8-) :D

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:26 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:19 pm
mild wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:54 pm One thing I do know is that there should be a monster bounce back this week against the 29th ranked defense in Las Vegas.

Lol

Your secondary is composed of hopes and dreams.

A Russell Wilson offense (let that sink in!) was getting chunk gains all over the field.

We can check back in on this next week if you're really stamping this as a claim. :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:45 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:26 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:19 pm

Lol

Your secondary is composed of hopes and dreams.

A Russell Wilson offense (let that sink in!) was getting chunk gains all over the field.

We can check back in on this next week if you're really stamping this as a claim. :lol:
It's not a claim, it's a fact. It's probably the only time I can factually claim they are a top 10 D for another 10 years, and I haven't been able to claim it for at least a few decades, so I'm taking the opportunity here, to post the fact that the Raiders are currently (key word) a top 10 ranked D.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:45 pm It's not a claim, it's a fact. It's probably the only time I can factually claim they are a top 10 D for another 10 years, and I haven't been able to claim it for at least a few decades, so I'm taking the opportunity here, to post the fact that the Raiders are currently (key word) a top 10 ranked D.
By your logic the Cardinals currently have the 2nd best defense in the league.

Raiders DST scored 3 fantasy points this week, so I'm really not sure what you're going on about. They're woeful.

Next 5:

@BUF
PIT
@LAC
GB
NE

Beware this outrageous Las Vegas homer, fantasy friends!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:57 pm

mild wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:53 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:45 pm It's not a claim, it's a fact. It's probably the only time I can factually claim they are a top 10 D for another 10 years, and I haven't been able to claim it for at least a few decades, so I'm taking the opportunity here, to post the fact that the Raiders are currently (key word) a top 10 ranked D.

Raiders DST scored 3 fantasy points this week, so I'm really not sure what you're going on about. They're woeful.

Next 5:

@BUF
PIT
@LAC
GB
NE

You're moving goal posts now, though. You started by saying the Raiders were the 29th RANKED Defense. I was pointing out that THIS year, they are a top 10 ranked D. By my logic, the Cards would be the 2nd RANKED D, not the 2nd best.

You were talking about the Raiders D in regards to Allen having a bounce back game, not sure what their FF score has to do with anything?

I was just having a bit of fun, I don't think the Raiders are good, don't worry. It's just the first time I can claim the Raiders are a top 10 ranked D since I can remember, and it will likely be the last week I can claim it. :lol:

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:08 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:27 am Josh Allen seems to be regressing hard without Daboll and is a turnover machine, albeit a special talent in terms of his physical abilities
Allen w/o Daboll last season: 35 TDs, 14 INT, 96.6 Passer Rating, 73.4 QBR

Allen's QB finishes the past 3 years:

2022: QB2
2021: QB1
2020: QB1

Like, what are we even talking about? Regression? Oh no, you have a QB who's been at worst the QB2 overall the last three seasons? Allen is as close to a set it and forget it player as you'll see in fantasy. Sure, he'll have bad games, but he's still going to be an elite QB this year....again.

To me, any concerns with Allen are largely about real football and the ceiling of this Bills team and the reality that they may not be the rival to this Chiefs team anymore.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:14 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:08 pm
Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:27 am Josh Allen seems to be regressing hard without Daboll and is a turnover machine, albeit a special talent in terms of his physical abilities
Allen w/o Daboll last season: 35 TDs, 14 INT, 96.6 Passer Rating, 73.4 QBR

Allen's QB finishes the past 3 years:

2022: QB2
2021: QB1
2020: QB1

Like, what are we even talking about? Regression? Oh no, you have a QB who's been at worst the QB2 overall the last three seasons? Allen is as close to a set it and forget it player as you'll see in fantasy. Sure, he'll have bad games, but he's still going to be an elite QB this year....again.

To me, any concerns with Allen are largely about real football and the ceiling of this Bills team and the reality that they may not be the rival to this Chiefs team anymore.
The regression is in how he plays on the field, not FF scoring. He hasn't been as good a player, but for FF that hasn't changed. There's been regression in his game as it pertains to the Bills. He was a big reason they lost Monday. He's a long term starter, but I do think that he's peaked and there are a few QB's I'd pivot to, if I could get something on top. T Law, and Herbert. I'd also move him for Mahomes straight up, and would likely tack a bit on top to get Mahomes.

It's projecting forward for FF, and projecting a downturn in his rushing that I see as a reason to pivot. Still very happy to have him, but those 3 guys I'd definitely consider moving him for, because they are younger and of similar talent level IMO.(Mahomes isn't younger, I just think he's better),

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:34 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:14 pm
The regression is in how he plays on the field, not FF scoring. He hasn't been as good a player, but for FF that hasn't changed. There's been regression in his game as it pertains to the Bills. He was a big reason they lost Monday. He's a long term starter, but I do think that he's peaked and there are a few QB's I'd pivot to, if I could get something on top. T Law, and Herbert. I'd also move him for Mahomes straight up, and would likely tack a bit on top to get Mahomes.

It's projecting forward for FF, and projecting a downturn in his rushing that I see as a reason to pivot. Still very happy to have him, but those 3 guys I'd definitely consider moving him for, because they are younger and of similar talent level IMO.(Mahomes isn't younger, I just think he's better),
Josh Allen's 2022 season:

96.6 passer rating (10th)
73.4 QBR (2nd)
5th in Pass Grade (PFF)
3rd in Wins Above Replacement (PFF)
5th in EPA (PFF)

How is this not an elite QB? He was better than Herbert and Lawrence last season. If you're using 2020 as the bar, sure these numbers are not as elite. But he's still very much elite.

This feels like entirely an optics thing, because the numbers aren't matching up. He was elite in fantasy (again) and elite in the NFL (again) and somehow it's not good enough. Why would it matter that he's not producing at 2020 levels when he's still elite regardless

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:23 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:57 pm

Next 5:

@BUF
PIT
@LAC
GB
NE

You're moving goal posts now, though.
You're surprised by this because? :wtf:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:41 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:23 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:57 pm

Next 5:

@BUF
PIT
@LAC
GB
NE

You're moving goal posts now, though.
You're surprised by this because? :wtf:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:43 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:34 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:14 pm

Josh Allen's 2022 season:

96.6 passer rating (10th)
73.4 QBR (2nd)
5th in Pass Grade (PFF)
3rd in Wins Above Replacement (PFF)
5th in EPA (PFF)

How is this not an elite QB? He was better than Herbert and Lawrence last season. If you're using 2020 as the bar, sure these numbers are not as elite. But he's still very much elite.

This feels like entirely an optics thing, because the numbers aren't matching up. He was elite in fantasy (again) and elite in the NFL (again) and somehow it's not good enough. Why would it matter that he's not producing at 2020 levels when he's still elite regardless

Again, I don't want to harp on this too much, it's constant turnovers and bad ones. He's putting the ball in harms way a lot. He's still an elite player for FF purposes, and I still think he's top 5 or so in real football. I am saying is there are a few guys I'd move him for, projecting a down tick in rushing, because I view those players as similar talents, and younger.