Puka Nacua

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Puka Nacua

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:03 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:15 pm Puke-a Nacua
You know that one's coming on Monday, for the Fantasy Footballers.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:40 pm

I think he sits as WR 16 on DLF rankings.

What more does he have to do for you to be top 10 ranked or is he already there ?
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:47 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:40 pm I think he sits as WR 16 on DLF rankings.

What more does he have to do for you to be top 10 ranked or is he already there ?
https://keeptradecut.com/dynasty-rankin ... filters=WR

He's already there, and aggressively, with the wider community.

Maybe not WR7 for me personally, but i'm taking him over Olave, Addison, and Devonta for sure. Tyreek - toss up - is it a win-now roster?

He's 28 yards off breaking the all time record for receiving yards as a rookie. This guy is incredibly real.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:41 pm

mild wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:47 pm

Maybe not WR7 for me personally, but i'm taking him over Olave, Addison, and Devonta for sure. Tyreek - toss up - is it a win-now roster?

He's 28 yards off breaking the all time record for receiving yards as a rookie. This guy is incredibly real.
Ack! I was planning to buy some Nacua this offseason, but if he’s valued ahead of Olave etc already, then maybe not!!

Side note: where Addison and JSN are ranked is delusional

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:47 pm

DLF ranks seem to lag a bit. I'll bet you ADP data will have him higher than 16 (and closer to 10) very soon.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:37 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:41 pm
mild wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:47 pm

Ack! I was planning to buy some Nacua this offseason, but if he’s valued ahead of Olave etc already, then maybe not!!

Side note: where Addison and JSN are ranked is delusional
Puka is rated well ahead of Olave, as he should be.
Olave finished his rookie season as WR25 averaging 13.2 PPR PPG.
Puka finished his rookie season ranked as WR5 averaging 17.8 PPR PPG

Only 5 WR's finished their rookie season averaging 17 PPG or higher in the past 10 years.

2014 - Odell Beckham Jr - 24.6
2021 - Ja'Marr Chase - 17.8
2023 - Puka Nacua - 17.8
2020 - Justin Jefferson - 17.1
2016 - Michael Thomas - 17.0

Also, Addison and JSN rankings are no more delusional that Olave and Garrett Wilson rankings, IMO.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:29 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:37 pmAlso, Addison and JSN rankings are no more delusional that Olave and Garrett Wilson rankings, IMO.
++
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:51 am

MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:37 pm
Also, Addison and JSN rankings are no more delusional that Olave and Garrett Wilson rankings, IMO.
Care to explain? Both Olave and Garrett Wilson were highly regarded prospects, who both hit 1k yards as rookies, and then followed up with an even better seasons as sophomores despite trash situations. They have both been seeing primary coverages for two seasons and working as their respective team's WR1. Just one year ago there was an exact replica of this thought process over in the CeeDee Lamb thread. While neither Wilson or Olave have Dak, it wouldn't take much to improve upon their situations.

Addison and JSN do seem slightly over rated to me based on not hitting high end production as rookies. That said, I don't feel they should be significant dropped because both are very talented and will be not only fantasy relevant but worth more at some point in the future than they are today.

All that said Puka deserves to be above or with these guys without a question. I do think there's a chance we just saw one of his better seasons (mainly because I don't see Stafford, the king maker, playing too many more), but what he's done can't me ignored. He slides into that WR7-12 pretty comfortably and think the KTC has a really good top 11 right now.

Also, I'll throw this out there - ADP is something I rarely worry about other than in startups where I am comparing players or when I'm looking for "buy lows" that the overall market has rated below the value I think is appropriate. I think trying to split hairs between WR7 and WR10 is pretty pointless.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:27 am

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:51 am
Care to explain? Both Olave and Garrett Wilson were highly regarded prospects, who both hit 1k yards as rookies, and then followed up with an even better seasons as sophomores despite trash situations. They have both been seeing primary coverages for two seasons and working as their respective team's WR1. Just one year ago there was an exact replica of this thought process over in the CeeDee Lamb thread. While neither Wilson or Olave have Dak, it wouldn't take much to improve upon their situations.

Addison and JSN do seem slightly over rated to me based on not hitting high end production as rookies. That said, I don't feel they should be significant dropped because both are very talented and will be not only fantasy relevant but worth more at some point in the future than they are today.

All that said Puka deserves to be above or with these guys without a question. I do think there's a chance we just saw one of his better seasons (mainly because I don't see Stafford, the king maker, playing too many more), but what he's done can't me ignored. He slides into that WR7-12 pretty comfortably and think the KTC has a really good top 11 right now.

Also, I'll throw this out there - ADP is something I rarely worry about other than in startups where I am comparing players or when I'm looking for "buy lows" that the overall market has rated below the value I think is appropriate. I think trying to split hairs between WR7 and WR10 is pretty pointless.
Yeah, not sure whats so confusing about Olave and Wilsons rankings.

If Puka is ahead or behind Olave it's whatever. I just know I'm not going to add to Olave to get Puka, hence why i'm probably never going to aquire Puka.

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:29 am

CGW wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:51 am Also, I'll throw this out there - ADP is something I rarely worry about other than in startups where I am comparing players or when I'm looking for "buy lows" that the overall market has rated below the value I think is appropriate. I think trying to split hairs between WR7 and WR10 is pretty pointless.
It's how you use it.

I don't give a bleep about ADP in terms of how I judge a player. What I care about is the variances b/w what I believe and the market POV. KTC is essentially a proxy for ADP. I'd rather use the ADP data that Ryan collects for DLF because it represents mock start-ups. Of course people behave a little differently in a mock - but it's as good as we have for judging the market. I care about: DLF ADP, DLF Forum posts (trades, discussions, etc.) and to a lesser extent the DLF Trade Finder. Collectively that gives me a sense of the market.

If the feeling I get from the market is that it's a lot higher or lower than my personal rankings, those are good players to inquire about trading away or trading for.

As well knowing how the market sees a player helps gauge what I want to pay. If I have Puka as my WR7 but the overall market is closer to WR15, I'm not offering WR7 value because I may not need to.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:53 am

This is what I've been saying in the Lamb thread. Sure you may have JJ a tier above Olave, but when it comes down to the finals week, anything can happen and there are probably 15 or so WR who could be the top WR any given week. Just stack enough talent at WR and hope the playoff weeks bounce in your favor.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:06 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:53 am

This is what I've been saying in the Lamb thread. Sure you may have JJ a tier above Olave, but when it comes down to the finals week, anything can happen and there are probably 15 or so WR who could be the top WR any given week. Just stack enough talent at WR and hope the playoff weeks bounce in your favor.
aint that the truth
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:16 pm

Where does everyone have Puka ranked in this years dynasty rookies?
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:37 pm

For ALL rookies? Has to be top five, right?
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:41 pm

DJB wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:16 pm Where does everyone have Puka ranked in this years dynasty rookies?
Right after MHJR. Even that might be too low.