GOAT
GOAT

Re: DJM

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:06 am

81- wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:39 am Improved offensive line
Improved wr room
2nd year in a system
Teams putting 10 in the box.

You'd be crazy to expect anything less than 1500 passing yards yards from Fields
Fixed it.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:17 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:46 am
nathanq42 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:25 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:13 am FWIW 3500 yards and 30% share would be 1050 for DJM.
That is not lost on me, 1,000 yards is not the benchmark it used to be.

DJM would be one of 21 guys that did that last year. That is a 58 yard per game pace. 1K yards is not a difference maker unless youre getting that out of your WR3 or flex guys.

To jump from 2,242 to 3,500 is an increase of over 50%, those kinds of improvements are tough to make imo. If that was the betting line on Field's yardage I am taking the under every time. You just cant bank on a guy increasing his production to that degree over the course of a single off season. I know you follow the bears much more closely than I do, but imo you could put fields on any team you want, with all the factors for passing success and I still wouldnt count on that kind of jump
True, but I'd like to see DJM over that. I'd be happy with 80/1000+/10 as a baseline. Of course I'd love more. And yeah, I know that's quite a leap from 2242 to 3500. That is 74 yards per game, a pretty big jump, but with improvements on the OL (but maybe not ENOUGH), and better WRs to throw to, I think his numbers will go up for sure. How much? IDK.
It has to go up, I just dont think it will be enough to make DJM an impact player week in and week out. So he is trapped in that massive cohort of WR2s and the like that hover around 9-13ppg. The thing I aim for with that group is to get the guys that have a low standard deviation from their average (consistent 12ppg better than a boom bust guy that ends the season at 12ppg imo for this tier of player), of which I do not expect DJM to fall into
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:21 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:06 am
Improved wr room
2nd year in a system

You'd be crazy to expect anything less than 1500 passing yards yards from Fields
Fixed it.
I mean. That's a pretty low bar. Either one of us could probably clear it
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:51 am

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:17 am

DJM would be one of 21 guys that did that last year. That is a 58 yard per game pace. 1K yards is not a difference maker unless youre getting that out of your WR3 or flex guys.

To jump from 2,242 to 3,500 is an increase of over 50%, those kinds of improvements are tough to make imo. If that was the betting line on Field's yardage I am taking the under every time. You just cant bank on a guy increasing his production to that degree over the course of a single off season. I know you follow the bears much more closely than I do, but imo you could put fields on any team you want, with all the factors for passing success and I still wouldnt count on that kind of jump
True, but I'd like to see DJM over that. I'd be happy with 80/1000+/10 as a baseline. Of course I'd love more. And yeah, I know that's quite a leap from 2242 to 3500. That is 74 yards per game, a pretty big jump, but with improvements on the OL (but maybe not ENOUGH), and better WRs to throw to, I think his numbers will go up for sure. How much? IDK.
It has to go up, I just dont think it will be enough to make DJM an impact player week in and week out. So he is trapped in that massive cohort of WR2s and the like that hover around 9-13ppg. The thing I aim for with that group is to get the guys that have a low standard deviation from their average (consistent 12ppg better than a boom bust guy that ends the season at 12ppg imo for this tier of player), of which I do not expect DJM to fall into
Fair enough. But I do think DJM will be JFs main target, game in and game out.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:34 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:51 am

Fair enough. But I do think DJM will be JFs main target, game in and game out.
No argument on that point haha!
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:38 pm

Or even better the cheapest of that cohort, which DJM certainly doesn't fall into.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:42 pm

17.2 pts per game this season. Book it
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:49 pm

81- wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:21 am
Improved wr room
2nd year in a system

Fixed it.
I thought you were being facetious with 1500 receiving yards being the floor for DJM, or else needing to be on meds (can we say that now/still?) ..... so I countered..... 8-)
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Habaneros make the best hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:25 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:49 pm
81- wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:21 am

Fixed it.
I thought you were being facetious with 1500 receiving yards being the floor for DJM, or else needing to be on meds (can we say that now/still?) ..... so I countered..... 8-)
:lol: I'm semi serious, or is it delusional. Mostly hopeful for a big year. It's still silly season for a few more days
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:05 pm

Am I the only guy in here stupid enough to think that now should be the time to send offers for DJM? Obviously, I did NOT like the way he was used today.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), COWING (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, TJOHNSON (R), Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:59 pm

He junky for FF

gogobradyarm
All Pro
All Pro

Postby gogobradyarm » Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:04 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:05 pm Am I the only guy in here stupid enough to think that now should be the time to send offers for DJM? Obviously, I did NOT like the way he was used today.
I think the Bears look bad enough that they’re drafting a QB next year (early).
12 Team - PPR - 30man (2 IR) - 6pt PPTD- 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 Flex - 1 TE
QB: Jalen Hurts, Anthony Richardson, Aidan O'Connell
RB: McCaffrey, Barkley, Pacheco, Jacobs, Zamir White, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zach Evans
WR: AJB, Olave, Aiyuk, London, Diontae Johnson, Rashee Rice, Dotson, Bateman
TE: Mandrews, Pitts, Likely, Mayer

2024: 1.02, 1.11, 3.01
2025: 2x 1st, 2nd
Champ: 2020, 2021
Year 9 of my league

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:53 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:04 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:05 pm Am I the only guy in here stupid enough to think that now should be the time to send offers for DJM? Obviously, I did NOT like the way he was used today.
This has been my concern about Fields esp. is SF. I don't think his job is safe at all. I guess the safety net is someone else will give him a shot if the Bears go a different direction.

There might not be a player for whom the gap is bigger b/w the way FF people see him and the NFL sees him. Usually it's "he's good for NFL but not FF". Fields is the opposite of that. You can't have 5.8 yards per attempt in the NFL. But he still scored 18.7 fantasy points - didn't kill ya. He's got the weapons now. He's got to prove it.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:45 am

It turns out he might be what we thought he was all along. A decent WR2 that can't overcome the terrible QBs he's had to deal with. I didn't get to watch much of this game, but this game says a lot to me how they used(or didn't) him. He's just another WR option. They don't see him as a guy who they absolutely have to get the ball to. No quick hitters, no screens, no effort to scheme him open to get the ball in his hands.

The Bears will have better days though. A new QB and maybe even a new coach in the not too distant future. If you are looking into buying a WR2 type and can get him for the appropriate price, now might be the time. But as long as Fields is back there be prepared for weeks like this.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:28 am

gogobradyarm wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:04 am
You might be right.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: