The Eagles Running Back Room

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: The Eagles Running Back Room

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:55 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:05 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:56 pm Swift is crazy to me. I put on last year's tape for a sanity check a few weeks ago and he looked just as good as I remembered, yet here we are.

I could see Philly feeding a different guy each game, so I wouldn't overreact too much to today, but at the same time, it really doesn't appear that Swift is going to be getting anything close to starting RB touches.

I think it's very likely that he has a few blow-up games this year, but I'm betting they'll be almost impossible to predict.
So you're predicting his blow up games will be unpredictable........ :think:
Precisely

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:56 am

You know what they say, when you have four starters, you have zero starters.

What a weird move. List four guys as starters and then make one inactive, and give four total touches to Scott and Swift, and then watch Gainwell plod along to his 14 for 54 mark. I don't get it, and I want nothing to do with any of them.

tyronehill
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby tyronehill » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:07 am

This shouldn't come as a surprise, the Philly coaches love Gainwell, and he spent the majority of camp working as the 1.

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:18 am

Sirianni: "I never want to come out of a game where D'Andre Swift has two touches."

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:19 am

timeEd32 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:18 am Sirianni: "I never want to come out of a game where D'Andre Swift has two touches."
:lol:

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:33 am

CGW wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:19 am
timeEd32 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:18 am Sirianni: "I never want to come out of a game where D'Andre Swift has two touches."
:lol:
:lol: :lol:

I have one redraft team with Swift where it would be very helpful if he was at least minimally productive.

I have a different redraft team with Gainwell where I will probably never start him.

Of course, week 1 implies Gainwell will out touch Swift 15-1 all season.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:43 am

I feel like he’s bleep with us now…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:49 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:43 am
The new BB. Could care less about us fantasy nerds. I get winning above all mentality, but it's a poor stance for a coach to take to deliberately mock the fantasy community by listing four starting RBs and make comments like the above.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:10 am

CGW wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:49 am
ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:43 am
The new BB. Could care less about us fantasy nerds. I get winning above all mentality, but it's a poor stance for a coach to take to deliberately mock the fantasy community by listing four starting RBs and make comments like the above.
It kind of feels like he’s mocking the RBs while doing this as well. “Hey, Penny.. I know we listed you as a starter, but that was a joke. You’re a healthy scratch.” Even if you’re honest with them behind the scenes, it’s a pretty bs approach for was is a fairly meaningless advantage. No one is gameplanning around Gainwell, Swift, Penny or Scott no matter what you say about who is starting.

WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
K - Just a stupid kicker

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:14 am

I thought I'd find this thread bumped to the top. I have a feeling we haven't seen the last twist in the tale of this backfield, but today is D'Andre Swift victory lap day :dance:

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:00 am

Swift was good, but I’m not sure it was as good as it seems. He had 133 yards before contact. If they were playing touch football, he averages 4.75 yards per carry. That tells me the Vikings were extremely bad stopping the run last night (and Eagles oline blocked well) more so than it tells me anything about Swift.

That said, good to see him have a game like that. I just hope they don’t run him 20+ times a game or I fear he will break down again.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:15 am

It was legit. Per Next Gen Stats:

D'Andre Swift ran for a career-high 175 yards and a TD on 28 carries in his first start for the Eagles (+41 rushing yards over expected).

Swift recorded the 8th-highest success rate (64.3%) by any player with 25+ carries in a game since 2016.

0 tackles for loss too.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:21 am

Mike11 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:15 am It was legit. Per Next Gen Stats:

D'Andre Swift ran for a career-high 175 yards and a TD on 28 carries in his first start for the Eagles (+41 rushing yards over expected).

Swift recorded the 8th-highest success rate (64.3%) by any player with 25+ carries in a game since 2016.

0 tackles for loss too.
Swift has always been a good RB, so his play shouldn't be a revelation. It just seems like he was a bad fit for the type of culture Detroit wanted to build and he is criticized unfairly for not playing through injuries.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:27 am

frerichs5 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:00 am Swift was good, but I’m not sure it was as good as it seems. He had 133 yards before contact. If they were playing touch football, he averages 4.75 yards per carry. That tells me the Vikings were extremely bad stopping the run last night (and Eagles oline blocked well) more so than it tells me anything about Swift.

That said, good to see him have a game like that. I just hope they don’t run him 20+ times a game or I fear he will break down again.
It’s not like we were unaware that Swift had talent before this game though. I’m actually interested to see if he holds up better now that he’s out of Detroit and off that miserable turf.

K - Just a stupid kicker

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:45 am

Mike11 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:15 am It was legit. Per Next Gen Stats:

0 tackles for loss too.
So he was expected to get 134 yards and he had 133 yards before contact. Ok

0 tackles for loss. Again, given the yards before contact, not exactly surprising and not necessarily saying anything about Swift vs the OLine/defense.

Success rate is interesting. But I’m not sure what that is. Is this strictly a RB stat? Or related to OLine as well?

I’m not trying to say Swift wasn’t good. I’m just trying to take the game with a grain of salt given how bad that run defense was last night.