Legend
Legend

Re: Rashee Rice or Justyn Ross?

Postby mild » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:44 pm

81- wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:37 pm
TheTroll wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 pm The buy low window now has bars on it
:lol:

But seriously, what a clown. At least he had his play book with him
Also seriously... how much do we want to bet that an enterprising Dallas-area cop will have taken pictures of this... :D

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:49 pm

TheTroll wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:44 pm
81- wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:37 pm

But seriously, what a clown. At least he had his play book with him
Took the playbook, left the pot… a man has his priorities
Except he left the playbook and A gold chain. And a 16.5k check. 😆

Which leads the smart man to ask ... What was in the bro purse that was so important
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:01 pm

Drew Davenport doing the lords work.

https://twitter.com/DrewDavenportFF/sta ... 0117460161
The Rashee Rice charges are finally in so it's time for an #FFLegalUpdate with my legal - and fantasy - take on the situation. Here's where my head is right now... 1/🧵

The first thing I want to caution everyone about is that we are getting reports about the charges but don't have the actual code sections to work off of. That could be no big deal, or it could lead to us being a little off on what he's facing. Please don't forget that. 2/

Jurisdictions usually charge under State codes, but sometimes they use city codes for some reason. I'm working off State code only assuming that's how he'll be charged. I have also NOT seen the arrest warrant nor have charges been put online yet. #FFlegalUpdate 3/

I can dial things in tighter when I have access to that stuff. Now, speaking of warrants... Don't read anything into a warrant being issued. It plays in the media and sounds more serious to say a warrant is issued and he can be arrested. But warrants are standard. 4/

Actually, it's a little odd to me that they issued a warrant when he has retained counsel already but I don't think that matters enough to get into it. Bottom line: Warrants sound scary but don't matter. They're issued in these types of cases routinely. 5/

One final note about having incomplete information like I alluded to above. There were a LOT of comments about guns being involved or about possible intoxication, or even charges for street racing. None of those came to pass. This is why we let things breathe. 6/

The charges that I have seen reported are as follows: - 1 Count Aggravated Assault - 1 Count Collision involving Serious Bodily Injury - 6 Counts Collision involving injury Charges are reportedly the same for the other driver. #FFLegalUpdate 7/

The Code sections I've run down are: - Sec. 22.02(a)(1): Aggravated Assault (Serious Bodily Injury) - Felony of the 2nd Degree - Sec. 550.021(c)(1)(B) and Sec. 550.021(c)(2) - Felony of the 3rd degree for SBI, otherwise State Felony (for the 6 counts) 8/

The main issue right out of the gate for Rice is that either of the 2nd or 3rd degree felonies carry mandatory prison time of not less than 2 years (Sec. 12.33). "This seems bad doesn't it?" It's not great, but if my concern level was a 2 before it's maybe only a 4 now. 9/

"Will he go to jail/prison?" Unlikely. The charges are serious, but keep in mind the biggest factor in any criminal case - what is your history? I don't remember Rice having any prior criminal or traffic history. That matters. A lot. 10/

"What is the next step in the case?" Rice will turn himself in and likely be processed without spending much, if any, time in jail. The case will be set for an Arraignment where he will plead Not Guilty and then the case begins. #FFLegalUpdate 11/

"Will this be done before the season?" I think so, but we don't really know that with any degree of certainty. Felony cases naturally take longer and have longer speedy trial requirements. However, based on their early strategy I expect Rice to move quick. Just MHO. 12/

"This is way worse than we expected isn't it?" Eh...sorta. The charge of Aggravated Assault is certainly not one Rice wanted to see. Nor did he want to see 8 charges. On the other hand, the multiple victims makes the multiple counts pretty standard. 13/

We also learned that, other than some marijuana, drugs and guns were not involved. Nor are they seeking anything related to intoxicated driving. "What's he going to do?" I have no idea. But he has several things going for him. As I said, he has no history I know of... 14/

...and he has approached this as though he is truly remorseful. This matters a lot to both the NFL and the Prosecutors handling the case in court. We don't know what's in the discovery packet, but it's fair to say that Rice may not have many defenses here. 15/

That doesn't mean he's guilty, it just means that he has to take a mitigation tact instead of a trial path. But again, I am speculating so be careful with this information. "How many games will he be suspended?" I still think it won't be many. 16/

I think 1-2 games seems more plausible than it did before (I was mostly on '0'), but I still think this gets plead down to a couple misdemeanors, a suspension, and a hefty restitution bill. I always say the same thing - we don't have to be perfect *right now*. 17/

We just have to be better than others. Right now I still don't see Rice as having a major issue here. Yes, it's serious. I really dislike this kind of stuff from young kids with money and fast cars, but we aren't here to moralize. I'm in the business of trying to help... 18/

...you understand what's happening and see past the hyperbole. There is a lot of "he's done!" and "prison time!" comments out there. Take out the emotion and send out some Dynasty offers. I still believe he has a long career with Patrick Mahomes in front of him. 19/

Thank you all for reading my Rashee Rice #FFLegalUpdate. I appreciate your support! Please RT this if it helped you understand the situation better.
Bit of a difference between "prison!" "sphincter clenching!" "late 1sts!" and "1 to 2 games" lol

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:15 pm

You lost me at shitter thread
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:17 pm

mild wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:01 pm Drew Davenport doing the lords work.

https://twitter.com/DrewDavenportFF/sta ... 0117460161
The Rashee Rice charges are finally in so it's time for an #FFLegalUpdate with my legal - and fantasy - take on the situation. Here's where my head is right now... 1/🧵

The first thing I want to caution everyone about is that we are getting reports about the charges but don't have the actual code sections to work off of. That could be no big deal, or it could lead to us being a little off on what he's facing. Please don't forget that. 2/

Jurisdictions usually charge under State codes, but sometimes they use city codes for some reason. I'm working off State code only assuming that's how he'll be charged. I have also NOT seen the arrest warrant nor have charges been put online yet. #FFlegalUpdate 3/

I can dial things in tighter when I have access to that stuff. Now, speaking of warrants... Don't read anything into a warrant being issued. It plays in the media and sounds more serious to say a warrant is issued and he can be arrested. But warrants are standard. 4/

Actually, it's a little odd to me that they issued a warrant when he has retained counsel already but I don't think that matters enough to get into it. Bottom line: Warrants sound scary but don't matter. They're issued in these types of cases routinely. 5/

One final note about having incomplete information like I alluded to above. There were a LOT of comments about guns being involved or about possible intoxication, or even charges for street racing. None of those came to pass. This is why we let things breathe. 6/

The charges that I have seen reported are as follows: - 1 Count Aggravated Assault - 1 Count Collision involving Serious Bodily Injury - 6 Counts Collision involving injury Charges are reportedly the same for the other driver. #FFLegalUpdate 7/

The Code sections I've run down are: - Sec. 22.02(a)(1): Aggravated Assault (Serious Bodily Injury) - Felony of the 2nd Degree - Sec. 550.021(c)(1)(B) and Sec. 550.021(c)(2) - Felony of the 3rd degree for SBI, otherwise State Felony (for the 6 counts) 8/

The main issue right out of the gate for Rice is that either of the 2nd or 3rd degree felonies carry mandatory prison time of not less than 2 years (Sec. 12.33). "This seems bad doesn't it?" It's not great, but if my concern level was a 2 before it's maybe only a 4 now. 9/

"Will he go to jail/prison?" Unlikely. The charges are serious, but keep in mind the biggest factor in any criminal case - what is your history? I don't remember Rice having any prior criminal or traffic history. That matters. A lot. 10/

"What is the next step in the case?" Rice will turn himself in and likely be processed without spending much, if any, time in jail. The case will be set for an Arraignment where he will plead Not Guilty and then the case begins. #FFLegalUpdate 11/

"Will this be done before the season?" I think so, but we don't really know that with any degree of certainty. Felony cases naturally take longer and have longer speedy trial requirements. However, based on their early strategy I expect Rice to move quick. Just MHO. 12/

"This is way worse than we expected isn't it?" Eh...sorta. The charge of Aggravated Assault is certainly not one Rice wanted to see. Nor did he want to see 8 charges. On the other hand, the multiple victims makes the multiple counts pretty standard. 13/

We also learned that, other than some marijuana, drugs and guns were not involved. Nor are they seeking anything related to intoxicated driving. "What's he going to do?" I have no idea. But he has several things going for him. As I said, he has no history I know of... 14/

...and he has approached this as though he is truly remorseful. This matters a lot to both the NFL and the Prosecutors handling the case in court. We don't know what's in the discovery packet, but it's fair to say that Rice may not have many defenses here. 15/

That doesn't mean he's guilty, it just means that he has to take a mitigation tact instead of a trial path. But again, I am speculating so be careful with this information. "How many games will he be suspended?" I still think it won't be many. 16/

I think 1-2 games seems more plausible than it did before (I was mostly on '0'), but I still think this gets plead down to a couple misdemeanors, a suspension, and a hefty restitution bill. I always say the same thing - we don't have to be perfect *right now*. 17/

We just have to be better than others. Right now I still don't see Rice as having a major issue here. Yes, it's serious. I really dislike this kind of stuff from young kids with money and fast cars, but we aren't here to moralize. I'm in the business of trying to help... 18/

...you understand what's happening and see past the hyperbole. There is a lot of "he's done!" and "prison time!" comments out there. Take out the emotion and send out some Dynasty offers. I still believe he has a long career with Patrick Mahomes in front of him. 19/

Thank you all for reading my Rashee Rice #FFLegalUpdate. I appreciate your support! Please RT this if it helped you understand the situation better.
Bit of a difference between "prison!" "sphincter clenching!" "late 1sts!" and "1 to 2 games" lol
He’s still a douchebag, an idiot, and I hope Goodell throws the book at him regardless of the legal system.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:05 pm

Wait, the biggest factor in ANY criminal case, is your history?

This simply isn't true. Take murder. That really doesn't matter. Intent, and circumstances do. Based on the law I've researched, and speaking to a lawyer on many issues, while background does play a part, each case is unique due to circumstances surrounding it play a big part. Precedent does help to establish certain things, but cases aren't viewed as all encompassing, based solely on the charge.

For instance, had Rice simply been driving his car, not speeding, hit the car, and causing injury, and left the scene, that would be a very different outlook than the fact he was leasing one car, and lent the others to a friend to race with, at high speeds, and then crashed the car and caused serious bodily injury.

The approach of the DA may focus on the fleeing as a sign he didn't have remorse, an "actions speak louder than words" approach. This is just speculation of course, but not too hard to see they will likely do that.

That's just an example I got from someone who's a lawyer. I guess it depends on who you talk to, but Drew Davenport's opinion is a lot different than some other opinions of people who practice law.

There are still a wide range of outcomes possible, from the different perspectives I have seen, from different people with law backgrounds.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:11 pm

Thanks for the laugh.
Janiel Dones Truther

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:07 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:27 pm Those squeaking sounds you’re hearing are the *******s puckering of those who thought they were stealing Rice for a late 1st.

Seriously, though. His judgement moving forward should be a concern, if you're don't factor in moral stances on players you own. The fact this happened in the first place should clearly show you, he's a high risk player, at this point I have made my stance known, but I honestly don't think this is as minor as some think. We'll see how it plays out, and I think it's kind of funny, how some can use this opportunity to use your comments as some sort of "gotcha".

The reason you take the player on for less, I suppose, is because he is higher risk. People are trying to "read the tea leaves", so to speak. If anybody thinks they know, or have gleaned some real info on how it's going to play out, at this point, regardless, of the actual outcome, they are just guessing.

We'll see how it plays out, nobody knows.

I've stated my view on the situation, and I won't get into it further with those who clearly see it differently than me, but I think that as of a day ago, the situation has gotten more serious, and there may be more charges to come, and that's my "guess". Things got worse for him from yesterday, for sure, as there were no charges yesterday, but it was expected, maybe not this many, but we don't know how bad it will be for him, until it plays out.
Janiel Dones Truther

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:21 am

That whole take was odd to me, but these parts especially. Being charged with 2 felonies that each carry multiple years of mandatory years of jail doesn’t worry him? Does he not understand the meaning of the word mandatory? It means if found or plead guilty that the judge has no discretion about whether he goes to jail, just about the number of years assigned.

And then the single most important factor in the case is the defendant’s history? Huh. I would have thought that it would be the crime itself and that people were injured because of it. Then there’s the malicious nature and that there was literally no concern for the other people involved afterward amongst other factors. Stupid me, I guess.
Last edited by Bronco Billy on Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:43 am

If he pays everyone off, it will get plead down to a wrist slap. Full speed ahead
Burrow, Richardson
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:21 am

charges are set up for an easy plea down, bet he gets 4 games max from the NFL

spamming my leagues with late/future 3rds and clogger WRs ala TIllman and Isoivas for Rice
Last edited by yinzername on Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:22 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Look, maybe I am being too harsh due to personal tragedy over this type of issue. I lost my best friend, and that's something that has shaped my view on these types of incidents.
Everything else aside, sorry to hear this.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:33 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:22 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Look, maybe I am being too harsh due to personal tragedy over this type of issue. I lost my best friend, and that's something that has shaped my view on these types of incidents.
Everything else aside, sorry to hear this.
X2

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:25 am

81- wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:43 am If he pays everyone off, it will get plead down to a wrist slap. Full speed ahead
Yeah, the ppl who think he’s going to do years in jail don’t quite understand our justice system.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:29 am

yinzername wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:21 am charges are set up for an easy plea down, bet he get's 4 games max from the NFL

spamming my leagues with late/future 3rds and clogger WRs ala TIllman and Isoivas for Rice
This is just out of curiosity and not to be argumentative, but what incentive do you see for the DA in the case to plead the charges down? They have the video and Rice’s confession that fully support all the charges, which pretty much precludes the need for a trial. If the DA were to sustain all charges, what defense would Rice put forth?

The video shows callous disregard for all others as the group walks calmly from the scene as well as potentially removing other damaging evidence. Rice lawyered up immediately yet refused to communicate for days, providing Rice and his crew to coordinate and rehearse their responses, delaying to the point where warrants had to be issued.

It seems to me that the DA strongly holds the position of leverage in a high profile case where appearing soft in what looks like a slam dunk could be damaging to them. On the other hand, if the DA is a Soros backed DA Rice and his attorney might be gambling on getting a small fine and walking away clear beyond any further legal consequences. I don’t know if anyone here is familiar with the jurisdiction.