George Pickens - Hold/Sell

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Eli4Prez
Role Player
Role Player

George Pickens - Hold/Sell

Postby Eli4Prez » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:47 pm

For the team in my signature looking to get opinions on how the community views Pickens. I took him 1.09 in last year’s rookie draft. However I have some good depth in young WRs and got a trade offer for the team that had the 1.01 last year largely in a tanking effort. He is probably closer to a mid-round team this year.

Give:

George Pickens, Deuce Vaughn, and 2024 3rd

Get:

Nico Collins, Michael Carter, and 2024 1st

Feel like if the pick ends up being 1.05 or higher it could help me grab another RB in the rookie draft. Or do I hold Pickens and hope for the breakout.
10 Team PPR with performance bonus points - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 TE, K DEF - 25 Roster Spots/30 During Off Season

QB: R. Wilson, K. Murray, T. Tagovailoa, M. Jones, A. Richardson
RB: S. Barkley, J. Taylor, D. Swift, A. Ekeler, B. Hall, Z. Moss, I. Abinikanda, Z. Evans, D. McBride, D. Vaughn, T. Bigsby
WR: C. Sutton, C. Lamb, D. Smith (PHI), J. Waddle, C. Olave, G. Pickens, Z. Flowers, J. Downs, C. Tillman
TE: D. Waller, D. Goeddert, T. Hockenson
K: T. Bass
DST: Eagles

2024 Draft Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Re: George Pickens - Hold/Sell

Postby moishetreats » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:00 pm

1st is the best piece by far (especially in a start 2WR). And I like Nico better than Vaughn + 3rd, so you're getting the first and third best pieces. That side for me easily.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Brooks ('27), Wright ('27), Guerendo ('26), Mitchell ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), Nabers ('28), Worthy ('28), Polk ('28), Franklin ('28), E Moore ('25), M Thomas ('25), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $201

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): Sinnott ('28), All ('28), Schrader ('26), A Reed ('28)

jponte3
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jponte3 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:16 pm

I’d sell pickens in that deal in a heartbeat. Also like nico as well and think he could be someone who has a good jump in valhe by the end of the year
12 team Superflex, 1/2 point PPR, 1 point TEP, Start 11 spots
QB: D Watson, J hurts., T. Lance, S. howell
RB: Bijan, B Hall, J. Gibbs, A kamara, J. Ford, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell
WR: J. Chase, G. wilson, C. Watson, J. Dotson, , R. shaheed, C. austin, T. Scott, T. Tucker
TE: P. Freurmuth, J. Johnson, C. otton, T. Kraft

Avery
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Avery » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:23 pm

I'd sell Pickens for a first next year. Nico + Carter is a nice little add in.
Team 1: Dynasty/Contract Team: 12 Team, PPR, QB,1 RB, 2WR, 2 Flex WR/RB, TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.25X receiving yards points)
QB – J. Hurts, A Richardson
RB – Javonte Williams, K. Walker III, J. Ford, K. Miller, J.K. Dobbins,
WR – J. Chase, C. Lamb, P. Nakua, K. Allen, T. Burks
TE – D. Waller, C. Okonkwo, L. Thomas, J. Ferguson

2024 rookie/FA picks: 1.12. 2.12, 3.12

Team 2: Dynasty Team: 12 Team, 0.5 PPR, QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex WR/RB/TE (Premium TE scoring: 1.5X receiving yards points)
QB - A. Rodgers, L. Jackson
RB - B. Hall, S. Barkley, A. Kamara, E. Mitchell, J. Mason, Z. White, K. Miller (R), T. Spears (R)
WR - T. Hill, D. Adams, C. Watson, M. Brown, R. Rice (R)
TE - D. Waller, G. Kittle, J. Ferguson

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:54 pm

He is one of those players that is a bit risky to move or hold but you come out ahead on value if you do want to move on. Hard to see Pickens being a big time fantasy producer unless the offense really makes a jump.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:05 pm

Good chance Pickens is worth more this time next year. Your call, if it's top 5 for sure, solid offer. Pickens is looking really good, and I'm not going to be surprised if he goes something like 70/1100/8 and at 22 years, that's going to be valuable next year.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:12 am

Getting a first for Pickens seems solid to me.

Pickens is a polarizing player. He's clearly very talented at contested catches and that makes for impressive highlights. The issue is either the Steelers only ask him to run down the field and make those catches or that's all he can do. He's got a very high yards per target, low target volume and hasn't produced TDs. So far he's a low rent version of Gabe Davis or Mike Williams.

To make a bit of a counter argument, folks might be saying exactly the same thing about Christian Watson if it wasn't for the TDs. But Watson is clearly not treated the same as Pickens by the fantasy community. And we can't say it's all about the two different offenses. We don't really know what GBP will be like at this point and it's unclear if they are all that better for Watson than PIT is for Pickens.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:37 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:12 am Getting a first for Pickens seems solid to me.

Pickens is a polarizing player. He's clearly very talented at contested catches and that makes for impressive highlights. The issue is either the Steelers only ask him to run down the field and make those catches or that's all he can do. He's got a very high yards per target, low target volume and hasn't produced TDs. So far he's a low rent version of Gabe Davis or Mike Williams.

To make a bit of a counter argument, folks might be saying exactly the same thing about Christian Watson if it wasn't for the TDs. But Watson is clearly not treated the same as Pickens by the fantasy community. And we can't say it's all about the two different offenses. We don't really know what GBP will be like at this point and it's unclear if they are all that better for Watson than PIT is for Pickens.
Pickens had a much better rookie season than Gabe, though, reception and yardage wise. He was coming off a lost season from college, and still managed 800 yards, 50 grabs, and led his team in receiving TD's. The QB play was the main reason for the low TD's, which he still led the team in. He didn't have Josh Allen throwing, he had some of the worst QB play in the league. His profile and NFL start is a lot better than Gabe Davis. He projects to be a much better player. Pickett looks a lot better this year, so I'd expect the TD's to rise.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Well done steak goes in the trash.

Habaneros make the best tasting hot sauce. Throwing a bunch of random stuff on top of fries doesn't mean you call it "poutine".

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:52 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:37 am Pickens had a much better rookie season than Gabe, though, reception and yardage wise. He was coming off a lost season from college, and still managed 800 yards, 50 grabs, and led his team in receiving TD's. The QB play was the main reason for the low TD's, which he still led the team in. He didn't have Josh Allen throwing, he had some of the worst QB play in the league. His profile and NFL start is a lot better than Gabe Davis. He projects to be a much better player. Pickett looks a lot better this year, so I'd expect the TD's to rise.
Like I said, polarizing. I'm selling for a 1st. But that's just me.

Side note - your comment that he led the team in TDs is, while accurate, a funny argument to make. He had the same number of receiving TDs as Najee who by all accounts is dynasty garbage. :D

Jokes aside - it is statistically impossible that PIT has fewer passing TDs this year than last!!

The.Big.Spank
Legend
Legend

Postby The.Big.Spank » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:32 am

I would be happy to trade Vaughn and a 3rd for Collins. He could be Houston's WR1. He is big, young, athletic and has gotten better and increased his target share every year and has only Hutchinson to match his skill set in Houston. So "win" there.

Pickens does not separate. This concerns me. So far he has been a straight line contested catch WR. If this was a different draft year I would probably hold Pickens, but 2024 will have at least 4 impact players, 2 QB's, 1WR, 1TE. Given the strength and depth of your team, I can make that trade for that 24 lottery ticket and not be heartbroken if isn't an early pick. If he is, that is a super win.
Team 1: 16 Team
QB's: Fields, Wentz,
RB: D. Harris, D. Montgomery, Kendre M.
WR: Chase, AJ Brown, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Waller, J. Woods, Dulich, Mayer

Team 2: 12 Team SF 1ppr, Start 10
QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Watson
RB: Hall, Walker, Javonte, Pacheco, K Mitchell, Dobbins
WR: Godwin, JSN, Pittman, Pickens, Toney, DP Jones, S Moore
TE: Andrews, Fant, Likely
(2024) 1.03, 2.03, 3.03
(2025) Top 3 1st, my 1st

Team 3 SF, TEP, Start 11 ppr
QB: AR, Watson, Young, Levis
RB: ETN, Walker, Pierce, Akers, Pacheco, Herbert, Warren, Kelley
WR: G. Wilson, Higgins, Godwin, Kirk, Bateman, Collins, Doubs, Chark, Shaheed,
TE: Schultz, I Smith, Bellinger, Parham, Fant, Likely, Granson,

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:17 am

Give me the 1st here.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5