All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:41 am

TheTroll wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:46 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:04 am half of those stats or thereabouts must be thanks to dobbs...

i like the bears D and it has improved a lot, but extrapolating 6 games with 2 proper opponents and 4 garbage piles is maybe a bit misleading, eh?
to be fair, 5 of the last 7 games they had 3+ Defensive TO's. Det x2, Min, CLE and ATL. I think we talked about this awhile ago too. They were starting to pound teams (defensively) that good teams should do to weaker ones.

Wick and I just happy that we were not pushovers anymore. :D
Right? And they may take EDGE at 1.09 too. I just thought it was a nice video and some great stats.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:07 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:41 am
TheTroll wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:46 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:04 am half of those stats or thereabouts must be thanks to dobbs...

i like the bears D and it has improved a lot, but extrapolating 6 games with 2 proper opponents and 4 garbage piles is maybe a bit misleading, eh?
to be fair, 5 of the last 7 games they had 3+ Defensive TO's. Det x2, Min, CLE and ATL. I think we talked about this awhile ago too. They were starting to pound teams (defensively) that good teams should do to weaker ones.

Wick and I just happy that we were not pushovers anymore. :D
Right? And they will take EDGE at 1.09 too. I just thought it was a nice video and some great stats.
#fixed
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:18 pm

Picked up on this about the Fields trade:

Link
Chicago, intending to move the three-year starter as it prepared to select a quarterback with the No. 1 pick in April's draft, was willing to give Fields some say in his next destination. The Steelers were one of four teams on Fields' radar prior to the start of free agency, along with the Vikings, Raiders and Falcons, a source familiar with Fields' thinking said.
I couldn’t help but wonder - if you’re so down on your former first rounder that you are dumping him for a low draft pick well before his rookie contract/option expires, then why wouldn’t you trade him to a division rival (MIN) and stick them with the dead weight while gaining one of their draft picks that you could use to potentially stick the barb even deeper by selecting a meaningful contributor with that pick? Unless MIN didn’t think he was even worth a 6th I guess.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:21 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:18 pm Picked up on this about the Fields trade:

Link
Chicago, intending to move the three-year starter as it prepared to select a quarterback with the No. 1 pick in April's draft, was willing to give Fields some say in his next destination. The Steelers were one of four teams on Fields' radar prior to the start of free agency, along with the Vikings, Raiders and Falcons, a source familiar with Fields' thinking said.
I couldn’t help but wonder - if you’re so down on your former first rounder that you are dumping him for a low draft pick well before his rookie contract/option expires, then why wouldn’t you trade him to a division rival (MIN) and stick them with the dead weight while gaining one of their draft picks that you could use to potentially stick the barb even deeper by selecting a meaningful contributor with that pick? Unless MIN didn’t think he was even worth a 6th I guess.
KOC probably vetoed that trade possibility after he remembered how Josh Dobbs ran his offense.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:18 pm Picked up on this about the Fields trade:

Link
Do we know if mn was interested?
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:24 pm

81- wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:43 pm Do we know if mn was interested?
They quite literally preferred Sam Darnold.

So... no.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:05 pm

HOT DAMN, Bears are #6!!! And if they draft Nabers/Odunze then what?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rank ... ggs-trade/
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:09 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:05 pm HOT DAMN, Bears are #6!!! And if they draft Nabers/Odunze then what?

Keep seeing Odunze to the Bears at 1.09. I sort of wonder if any of the top-3 WRs will make it that far. I hope it works out that way for CHI because it just makes CW all the more attractive at 1.01 in SF.

Speaking of CW - is it just me or does it seem like he's getting insufficient hype in fantasy land? Supposed generational talent who is about to get massive draft capital and (for once) is also landing in a sweet situation. DJM, KA, Odunze?, Kmet, Swift. I was team MHJR at 1.01 but have flipped - it's just crazy not to take CW 1.01 in SF.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:25 am

tstafford wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:09 am
wickerkat1212 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:05 pm HOT DAMN, Bears are #6!!! And if they draft Nabers/Odunze then what?

Keep seeing Odunze to the Bears at 1.09. I sort of wonder if any of the top-3 WRs will make it that far. I hope it works out that way for CHI because it just makes CW all the more attractive at 1.01 in SF.

Speaking of CW - is it just me or does it seem like he's getting insufficient hype in fantasy land? Supposed generational talent who is about to get massive draft capital and (for once) is also landing in a sweet situation. DJM, KA, Odunze?, Kmet, Swift. I was team MHJR at 1.01 but have flipped - it's just crazy not to take CW 1.01 in SF.
People don't like that he paints his finger nails.

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:39 am

CGW wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:25 am

At least we know he learned how to spell (up to 4 letter words).
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Willis, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Demercado, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 2.02
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:42 am

TheTroll wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:39 am

At least we know he learned how to spell (up to 4 letter words).
I'm waiting on his S2 test results. Nothing is more important in predicting a college QB future NFL performance than the S2!!!
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:37 am

He gets angry when he loses and doesn't give high five lines to his teammates instead

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:15 am

I keep seeing Odunze too. Thomas would be nice there, or there is talk of elite LT/DE as well. Deep WR class, I think we can also get a VG wr at 75 (Pearsall?). I love CW, don't know if I'll get any shares. I have 1.01 in 1 QB (Harrison) and 1.02 in Superflex, where I assume I'm also getting Harrison. I think some are scared of the Bears as an organization. And that's fair. But I have never seen then set up a team for a rookie like this, and with DJM/Allen/Kmet/RBBC and the 9 pick, he'll have a great supporting cast. I'm stoked.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:17 am

I will say as far as character, I like everything I've seen about him in interviews. I'm not bothered by the emotion, or the nails/case, this generation is so much more open-minded, my kids are 20. I think he's a great QB and has a very good shot to be an elite QB right away, and maybe the best Bears QB in a very long time, maybe ever. So excited.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:28 am

I’m so going to enjoy watching CHI step on their own ****s yet again. Yeah, it’s schadenfreude and almost like picking on the mentally challenged kid, but since it’s the Bears I can live with my character flaw here.