All Things Bears

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: All Things Bears

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:51 am

Mooney to ATL for three-years, $39M. Good luck, man. I always liked him.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:01 am

wickerkat1212 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:50 am
Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:10 am Bears/Fields Twitter is just full of gems. Delusional Bears fans and bleep posting. One of my favs:

“Now that all 31 NFL teams have decided that Justin Fields is not a starting-caliber quarterback, I’ll tell you why the Chicago Bears should build around him with unwavering support and commitment.

I’m John with Chicago Meatball Radio. Thanks for tuning in. Let’s discuss.”
I THINK that's satire? I HOPE it is. LOL.
Satire? I mean, yeah, it's making fun of Bear's fans.

But... Haven't Bears fans been saying Fields is HIM for a few years? Including some unnamed posters in this thread?

AND it's picking back up because Fields has no trade market. So now it's "masterful Pole is playing the league, driving up the price for 1.1, when Fields was ALWAYS the man."

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:08 am

Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:01 am
Lumps wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:10 am Bears/Fields Twitter is just full of gems. Delusional Bears fans and bleep posting. One of my favs:

“Now that all 31 NFL teams have decided that Justin Fields is not a starting-caliber quarterback, I’ll tell you why the Chicago Bears should build around him with unwavering support and commitment.

But... Haven't Bears fans been saying Fields is HIM for a few years? Including some unnamed posters in this thread?

AND it's picking back up because Fields has no trade market. So now it's "masterful Pole is playing the league, driving up the price for 1.1, when Fields was ALWAYS the man."
It's been pretty split in Chicago. I was never a big fan, then saw some development with DJM, but he didn't do enough. He had some great games, set some records, but in the end, just doesn't process fast enough and misses open guys. If we didn't have the #1 pick I assume we'd be trying to build around him. There are for sure some delusional Fields stans in Chicago.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, BENSON (R), Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, POLK (R), CORLEY (R), Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, RATTLER (R) RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Mostert, BRob, ESTIME (R) WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Lockett, Myers, COWING (R), MWASHINGTON (R) TE—Kmet, Kraft, SANDERS (R), Conklin, Hurst PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: MAYE (R), Goff, Cousins, PENIX (R), Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: HARRISON (R), DJM, Higgins, JSN, BTHOMAS (R), Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, DPJ, Devante TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:12 am

Bears fans wanted him to be the man so bad. Myself included.

He's not.

On to the next
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:37 am

Yep
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 pm

81- wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:12 am

He's not.

On to the next
Outside of a trade to Seattle or Denver, it sadly might mean holding him and waiting for the first QB with a major injury to happen. This certainly has been a game of Chicken between the Bears and the rest of the starved QB teams. Looks like the league won this round.
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:18 am

TheTroll wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 pm

He's not.

On to the next
Outside of a trade to Seattle or Denver, it sadly might mean holding him and waiting for the first QB with a major injury to happen. This certainly has been a game of Chicken between the Bears and the rest of the starved QB teams. Looks like the league won this round.
I think you're right. Seems like even Poles underestimated the value of Fields. I know I've been surprised.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:30 am

TheTroll wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:35 pm

He's not.

On to the next
Hearing a lot of chatter about this. Not sure if it's because Macdonald comes from an organization working with a running QB in Lamar and people are just connecting the dots. Or, if there might be genuine interest there knowing Seattle is unlikely to get a QB they want at 16 or later in the draft.

Like anything though, I'm sure it comes down to the price Chicago wants. Obviously they must be disappointed so far in whatever teams have offered (assuming there have been offers). Otherwise, Fields would have been moved already. Not sure I see it from Seattle's point of view though, since my expectation would be he'd spend a bridge year behind Geno, but that would mean to see what you've got in 2025 the team would have to pick up his 5th-year option, or negotiate an extension.

And if you were going to go to that length with Fields, wouldn't you just make him your starter out of the gate? Geno's already got his roster bonus in the bank. Would Seattle just look at that as sunk cost in adding Fields? I don't know, but I'm not sure this goes down with the Seahawks given the circumstances around QB's contracts.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:06 am

Nothing wrong with having two options. Geno has shown he can play. Maybe the want to see if they can "fix" Fields or at least keep his development going, at a low-risk option. Maybe a 3rd, 6th, with a conditional 3rd for 25 if it hits certain markers? IDK.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:17 am

Like the Seattle landing for Fields and the Seacocks but not sure they want to give up enough to satisfy the Bears 🐻

Guess maybe Sea wouldn't want the QB controversy but Geno isn't the long term answer anyway & with a new regime in place certainly could see a camp competition to see if Fields can earn a shot to be there long term. Just at what price?

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

cazzie33 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:17 am Like the Seattle landing for Fields and the Seacocks but not sure they want to give up enough to satisfy the Bears 🐻

Guess maybe Sea wouldn't want the QB controversy but Geno isn't the long term answer anyway & with a new regime in place certainly could see a camp competition to see if Fields can earn a shot to be there long term. Just at what price?
I think it makes sense. Geno is NOT the long-term solution. They can't get up to the top four rookies. Why not make a decent offer, and see what they can do with Fields? With the right OFF and weapons, he can still get you to ten wins. The price is where we're stuck. If Bears want a 1st or 2nd it's not going to happen now. I like multiple picks—24 3rd, 24 6th, 25 conditional that could be maybe 2nd to 4th depending on marks hit. If they can harness Fields and make it work, that's a good price. If he isn't everything, then you pay less. IDK. We'll see. I thought he'd be gone by now. So what do I know LOL.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:12 pm

Howell to SEA. So, not a home for Fields. Man, WTH is he going to end up. Cut? JFC LOL.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

TheTroll
Legend
Legend

Postby TheTroll » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:16 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:12 pm Howell to SEA. So, not a home for Fields. Man, WTH is he going to end up. Cut? JFC LOL.
it's a conspiracy i tell you! lol

time to start negotiating with the Toronto Argonaughts!
Team 1
Dynasty 10 team, 22 roster + 6 Taxi, PPR
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 Flex, 1 TE, K, Def

QB: Love, Goff, Fields
RB: Bijan, Montgomery, Kamara, Ford, K Herbert, Zeke, Mattison
WR: Jefferson, Olave, London, Ridley, Sutton, Shaheed
TE: Kincaid, Kittle, Freiermuth
K: Tucker, Sanders
DEF: CLE

Taxi: Charbs, K Mitchell, Demercado, QJ, D Douglas, W Robinson, Hooker

Picks
2024: 1.03, 3.06, 3.09, 4.09
2025: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Team 2
Dynasty 10 team, 22 man roster + 6 Taxi, PPR, SF and TEP
1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 S Flex

QB: Allen, Goff, Watson, Jones
RB: K Williams, B Robinson, Chubb, Ford, Mostert, A Gibson, Dillon, Pierce, Zeke
WR: Olave, T Hill, Addison, D Adams, C Watson, D Johnson, G Davis, OBJ
TE: Kincaid, Kmet, Goedert

Taxi: Mitchell, DTR, Mims, K Miller, Douglas, Vaughn

Picks
2024: 1.08, 3.02, 3.09
2025: 1, 3, 4, 5
2026: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:25 pm

TheTroll wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:16 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:12 pm Howell to SEA. So, not a home for Fields. Man, WTH is he going to end up. Cut? JFC LOL.
it's a conspiracy i tell you! lol

time to start negotiating with the Toronto Argonaughts!
Hmm... Yep, guess that means Seattle is indeed out on Fields. Although I don't think they view Howell as the long-term answer either. At least I hope not. There's some pick swaps involved but will also be interesting to see what they're paying him. This is getting a little weird for Fields. Could be the CFL? Stranger things have happened.

Maybe he takes the Warren Moon career path. :think:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:27 pm

Where now? DEN? NYG? NEP? NOS? LVR? Seems it may be a competition role or backup at this point. OOF. WTH.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2: