Michael Wilson - WR - Cardinals (Stanford)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Michael Wilson - WR - Cardinals (Stanford)

Postby mild » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:24 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:17 am Apparently the coaching staff is looking forward to his play in the PS game vs DEN. They want to see him head to head against Surtain because their CB1s can’t cover him. This is getting kind of crazy.
Yeah no sh-t lol :lol:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/n ... -cardinals

Which CB1's would those be... we talking Rashad Fenton, Marco Wilson... orrrr...

A humble reminder that the Arizona Cardinals secondary allowed the highest passing success rate in 2022.

Let's not get over our skis yet with the hype - he may as well be running against air. Methinks he's in for a rude awakening against the best corner in the league.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:47 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:17 am Apparently the coaching staff is looking forward to his play in the PS game vs DEN. They want to see him head to head against Surtain because their CB1s can’t cover him. This is getting kind of crazy.
I don't know how he does it under such tight coverage.

https://twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/sta ... 32552?s=20

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:05 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:47 am

That’ll happen when you combine speed with suddenness. The alternative is to play a hard corner and use contact to delay his route, which he reportedly has also been beating.

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:47 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:05 am

That’ll happen when you combine speed with suddenness. The alternative is to play a hard corner and use contact to delay his route, which he reportedly has also been beating.
My take from that video is that the Cards are lucky nobody has torn an ACL on that turf... goodness that looks bad!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:27 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:05 am

People may have a hard time separating speed from forty times.

But I agree, Michael Wilson is easily one of the most athletic WRs in this draft class on the football field... let's just pray that he stays healthy.

By all accounts the guy is such an incredibly hard worker that it might be to the detriment of his health.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:28 pm

Michael Wilson has arrived

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:23 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:28 pm Michael Wilson has arrived
Yes he looked good against a tough defense. Got a couple TDs, nice.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:13 pm

Great thread and discussion on this guy in the offseason. Someone who slowly rose up ADP through the summer, but maybe not quickly enough.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:14 pm

This will reduce my chances of getting him the few places I didn't have him. He's going to be a really nice weapon for Murray.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:24 pm

I got him in the 4th round, or with WW dollars in SF leagues. This guy is a case of FF players thinking they are smarter than NFL GM's. No reason he should have fallen that far. I liked him at value, I was high on him after the Senior Bowl, and I understood the reasons behind the "bad profile", and the health concerns will be there, until they aren't. You can trade at profit now, if you want to. I'm not going to, because it's a marginal gain, and he looks too good to sell unless it's for a premium pick.

We've all had those players, for us. Take the minimal increase in value, or hold. I don't think he's gained enough where you'd consider it worth it, yet.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:36 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:24 pm I got him in the 4th round, or with WW dollars in SF leagues. This guy is a case of FF players thinking they are smarter than NFL GM's. No reason he should have fallen that far. I liked him at value, I was high on him after the Senior Bowl, and I understood the reasons behind the "bad profile", and the health concerns will be there, until they aren't. You can trade at profit now, if you want to. I'm not going to, because it's a marginal gain, and he looks too good to sell unless it's for a premium pick.

We've all had those players, for us. Take the minimal increase in value, or hold. I don't think he's gained enough where you'd consider it worth it, yet.
I assume he's only fetching 2nds at best right now, so an easy hold for me as well. He's playing a ton and doing well as a rookie. His game speed is faster than his 40 suggests. Has great size and runs good routes, especially at his size imo. The injuries were a huge part of the bad profile. What if he stays healthy? Well then he's a pretty darn good X WR who gets a QB upgrade soon

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:40 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:36 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:24 pm I got him in the 4th round, or with WW dollars in SF leagues. This guy is a case of FF players thinking they are smarter than NFL GM's. No reason he should have fallen that far. I liked him at value, I was high on him after the Senior Bowl, and I understood the reasons behind the "bad profile", and the health concerns will be there, until they aren't. You can trade at profit now, if you want to. I'm not going to, because it's a marginal gain, and he looks too good to sell unless it's for a premium pick.

I assume he's only fetching 2nds at best right now, so an easy hold for me as well. He's playing a ton and doing well as a rookie. His game speed is faster than his 40 suggests. Has great size and runs good routes, especially at his size imo. The injuries were a huge part of the bad profile. What if he stays healthy? Well then he's a pretty darn good X WR who gets a QB upgrade soon
Yup. I held Nico for 2 plus seasons, FWIW, seeing some flashes, if he ever got a QB upgrade, and Wilson has shown more than he did in his first 2 years.

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:49 pm

Just a small push back at your wordings and the impact it could have on less seasoned FF-players. FAAB og 4th converted to a 2nd isn't a small or marginal value gain in my world.

For the players doing the tanking game. Wilson could most likely net a 1st in the future, but would that make up for losing out on Caleb/MHJ?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:51 pm

Nico is the exact comp that came to mind for him

I agree I think it is too soon to sell right now

Dobbs looks better than expected and there is more value accrual to be had

When Kyler's return is announced, that's around when I'd sell for a 2

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:01 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:51 pm Nico is the exact comp that came to mind for him

I agree I think it is too soon to sell right now

Dobbs looks better than expected and there is more value accrual to be had

When Kyler's return is announced, that's around when I'd sell for a 2
Superflex? I don't see the point in selling for a 2nd in a 1 QB league, you're just loading up for a random swing on a guy with less draft capital, most likely. I'd rather try and package him with someone else for an upgrade, over selling for a non premium type pick where you're just resetting the pick and flipping a coin on a prospect, at best.