Michael Wilson - WR - Cardinals (Stanford)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Re: Michael Wilson - WR - Cardinals (Stanford)

Postby Anteaters » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:33 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:28 amTank Dell is very similar to Wilson in the fact that he wasn't talked about a ton during the season, had a great senior bowl and was drafted much higher than expected (early 3rd round). So, there is a lot of new data that could support him. Dell's size obviously a question though.

Wilson is interesting though. The Senior Bowl has been useful recently for identifying a few players who were under the radar and then blew up later like Kupp and Deebo.
This path to identifying rookie sleepers is very intriguing. I wonder if there are other examples we haven't identified ... or who some of us know but haven't mentioned in this thread yet.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:54 am

Anteaters wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:33 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:28 amTank Dell is very similar to Wilson in the fact that he wasn't talked about a ton during the season, had a great senior bowl and was drafted much higher than expected (early 3rd round). So, there is a lot of new data that could support him. Dell's size obviously a question though.

Wilson is interesting though. The Senior Bowl has been useful recently for identifying a few players who were under the radar and then blew up later like Kupp and Deebo.
This path to identifying rookie sleepers is very intriguing. I wonder if there are other examples we haven't identified ... or who some of us know but haven't mentioned in this thread yet.
Yes there are and my favorite one is ... :nono:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:53 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:54 am

Yes there are and my favorite one is ... :nono:
Chris Comer?

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:05 pm

Use training camp hype to identify rookie sleepers. Or maybe OTA hype. Last year, Pacheco was a screaming buy worthy of a 2nd round rookie pick for those late August rookie drafts. Many disagreed simply because he was a 7th round NFL pick, but they were so wrong despite his opportunity and hype that was evident in training camp.

Looking at the latest Mizelle June ADP for rookies, these 4 WRs are grouped together Tank Dell, Cedric Tillman, Michael Wilson & Puka Nacua. I wanted Michael Wilson and should have traded up for him, but I ended up with Puka Nacua later in the 4th. I am surprised to see him up so high already, but given his opportunity and OTA buzz I can see why.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:18 pm

Rookie WR Michael Wilson continues to see reps with the first-team Cardinal offense.
2 WR sets over Moore?
Yes especially on run downs.

Moore looks to be exclusive to the slot

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:43 pm

"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:36 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 4:43 pm All aboard!!!!

Chooo-Chooooo!

https://twitter.com/JohnnyVenerable/sta ... 4171069440
So now I want to ask:

Now it costs more to acquire him versus earlier when the buzz was just starting. Given your preseason doesn’t matter stance, what now?

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:02 am

Lumps wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:36 am

Chooo-Chooooo!

So now I want to ask:

Now it costs more to acquire him versus earlier when the buzz was just starting. Given your preseason doesn’t matter stance, what now?
Looks like he’s still a bargain, sitting around rookie WR13-16 and bunched in with guys like Dell and Nacua. He’s looking like a starting outside receiver for his team from the jump and he’s continuing to show the same traits he did during the Senior Bowl - which was that he was literally uncoverable there. He’ll still have the learning curve against seasoned starting CBs, but there’s some genuine indicators that he’ll be productive from the onset snd he figures to get better from there.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:09 am

Chooo-Chooooo!

So now I want to ask:

A lot of pre-season/camp doesn't matter, or matters less to me than others. I don't believe there is nothing to be gleaned from it, however. I just don't get hyped about a slo mo video from 1 on 1's, or 7 on 7's etc etc. Most offenses will do well, and a lot of people who reports or show vids don't understand it's not tackle, so a long run was actually a 3 yard gain, if it was tackle. LOTS of those misconceptions out there.

Wilson came in to a depth chart that had a lack of talent, and a really small bunch of WR's. I am shocked he wasn't valued higher, going on day 2. Got him in a lot of places, due to the lack of value the Dynasty community put on him. So as an owner, I'd say I am likely holding, outside a first (which I won't get). His main concern is injuries, that's what kept him from having a good production profile.

I am not looking to acquire elsewhere, I'd expect the cost to be quite a bit more now. There was a real chance for him to be a starter, and now that it appears he is being viewed that way by the Cards, and actually excelling in that role in camp, I think a rise in value based on what his ADP was during rookie drafts, is definitely warranted.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:09 am

Chooo-Chooooo!

So now I want to ask:

A lot of pre-season/camp doesn't matter, or matters less to me than others. I don't believe there is nothing to be gleaned from it, however. I just don't get hyped about a slo mo video from 1 on 1's, or 7 on 7's etc etc. Most offenses will do well, and a lot of people who reports or show vids don't understand it's not tackle, so a long run was actually a 3 yard gain, if it was tackle. LOTS of those misconceptions out there.

Wilson came in to a depth chart that had a lack of talent, and a really small bunch of WR's. I am shocked he wasn't valued higher, going on day 2. Got him in a lot of places, due to the lack of value the Dynasty community put on him. So as an owner, I'd say I am likely holding, outside a first (which I won't get). His main concern is injuries, that's what kept him from having a good production profile.

I am not looking to acquire elsewhere, I'd expect the cost to be quite a bit more now. There was a real chance for him to be a starter, and now that it appears he is being viewed that way by the Cards, and actually excelling in that role in camp, I think a rise in value based on what his ADP was during rookie drafts, is definitely warranted.
Here’s a question for you GB:

Where would you put him in with if you were drafting right now? There seems to be a big gap between the big 4 (figuratively speaking to big - lol) and the next group of rookie WRs. Does he now fit in with Downs/Hyatt/Rice/Mingo/Mims? Still too high? Maybe Reed?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:13 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:33 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:09 am

So now I want to ask:

Here’s a question for you GB:

Where would you put him in with if you were drafting right now? There seems to be a big gap between the big 4 (figuratively speaking to big - lol) and the next group of rookie WRs. Does he now fit in with Downs/Hyatt/Rice/Mingo/Mims? Still too high? Maybe Reed?
I take him over Hyatt, Reed and Downs. Mingo I'd still take over him, and Mims too, I think, but he's definitely in that tier. No reason not to be at this point, his draft capital is similar to Hyatt and Downs. He's got a much better path to immediate production and is showing out. So yeah, he's in that tier at this point IMO.

joshb
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby joshb » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:07 pm

Anyone have thoughts on Wilson vs. Tillman? Both seeming to get a bit of early buzz. OTC and I'm torn between the two.

Edit- Went with Wilson.
Last edited by joshb on Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 team non-ppr
QB Murray, Stafford
RB JT, Chubb, A. Jones, Dobbins, D. Pierce, R. White, K. Miller
WR Deebo, Metcalf, Higgins, Juju, E. Moore, Toney, M. Wilson, T. Thornton
TE Schultz, Kincaid, Musgrave, Likely

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:37 pm

I don't know about Wilson leading the team in targets over Hollywood, but he makes easy sense to be a fixture in two-wide sets right now.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:13 pm

joshb wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:07 pm Anyone have thoughts on Wilson vs. Tillman? Both seeming to get a bit of early buzz. OTC and I'm torn between the two.
Took him over Tillman back in April. I think the upside is special with Wilson. Tillman tops out at solid.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:17 am

Apparently the coaching staff is looking forward to his play in the PS game vs DEN. They want to see him head to head against Surtain because their CB1s can’t cover him. This is getting kind of crazy.