Zay Flowers official thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Zay Flowers official thread

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:21 am

tstafford wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:32 am This seemed a bit predictable. I was low on Flowers during draft season and was probably wrong. That said, I want to see a game like this out of him with Andrews on the field. A lot of the offense is tied to Andrews. I'm chalking up Flowers (and Lamar) to Andrews being out. I'm not reacting to BAL yet. . .
Seeing it with Andrews is not a question of if but when. Yesterday was more about Flower’s role compared to other receivers and how the offense functioned as a whole. He had a target share over 40%, which is unrealistic to keep up but it does solidify what the beat writers have been saying all off season. He is the WR to own in this offense.

You’re probably going to say “owning a WR in this offense has never been good” which is looking at historical day with a run centered focus. You did say above “A lot of the offense is tied to Andrews” which WAS true. It probably still is but it does not take away from the offense playing faster and running less QB designed runs. They want the ball in Zay’s hands because he is electric with it.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:48 am

Kurtrambis1 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:21 am
tstafford wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:32 am This seemed a bit predictable. I was low on Flowers during draft season and was probably wrong. That said, I want to see a game like this out of him with Andrews on the field. A lot of the offense is tied to Andrews. I'm chalking up Flowers (and Lamar) to Andrews being out. I'm not reacting to BAL yet. . .
Seeing it with Andrews is not a question of if but when. Yesterday was more about Flower’s role compared to other receivers and how the offense functioned as a whole. He had a target share over 40%, which is unrealistic to keep up but it does solidify what the beat writers have been saying all off season. He is the WR to own in this offense.

You’re probably going to say “owning a WR in this offense has never been good” which is looking at historical day with a run centered focus. You did say above “A lot of the offense is tied to Andrews” which WAS true. It probably still is but it does not take away from the offense playing faster and running less QB designed runs. They want the ball in Zay’s hands because he is electric with it.
Let's also remember they only threw the ball 22 times this game because at no point was the game on the line. Zay got an absurd 40% market share and that will absolutely go down when Andrews returns, but they will throw a lot more times than 22 when they start playing NFL teams. On top of that, they just lost their RB1. Those of you who were fading Flowers (wonder if Flower girl guy will come back to take his lumps on this one?) because the offense can't support a WR, or because Flower is too small, buckle up. It's going to be a fun one.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:08 am

CGW wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:48 am

Let's also remember they only threw the ball 22 times this game because at no point was the game on the line. Zay got an absurd 40% market share and that will absolutely go down when Andrews returns, but they will throw a lot more times than 22 when they start playing NFL teams. On top of that, they just lost their RB1. Those of you who were fading Flowers (wonder if Flower girl guy will come back to take his lumps on this one?) because the offense can't support a WR, or because Flower is too small, buckle up. It's going to be a fun one.
Pretty sure flower girl guy is banned again…
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:17 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:08 am

Pretty sure flower girl guy is banned again…
Yeah, butt....

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:01 am

++
Hard to guage what this offense will truly look like when it's best non-QB player missed the game and the best RB (by far) suffered a season-ending injury during the game ... and the offense was not needed against an inferior opponent.

But Zay did look good.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:07 am

Hey don''t drag me into this. :lol:

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:28 am

I'm not sure the best Baltimore weapon sat out week 1 - I think it might have been Zay Flowers. The dude has looked ELECTRIC every step of the way, and Baltimore clearly wants to put the ball in his hands early & often. Andrews or no Andrews, Flowers was used as an extension of the run game in addition to the passing game targets he received. He actually received 2 carries and had a few more designed WR screens - I think Baltimore plans to use him to replace some of the read-option plays to protect Lamar as a runner, as Zay is just as electric with the ball in his hands. Lamar had just 6 carries

Of course he won't see a 40%+ target share with a healthy Andrews, but I'm willing to bet Baltimore plans to have him touch the ball 8 - 10 times per week, especially now that Dobbins is out for the year.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:31 pm

Fun chart. :D

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:36 pm

Just saw a stat that Zay lead the NFL as the primary read yesterday - he was the primary read on 60% (!!!!!!) of the team's passing plays, next closest was Hopkins with 42%. Pretty much everyone at the top of the list are the guys you'd expect to lead the league in targets - Hopkins / Chase / ARSB / Evans / etc.
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:04 pm

Surprised more people aren't talking about Zay. If you watched the game, you know that 2 things were true:

1. Baltimore absolutely prioritized putting the ball in Zay's hands, whether it was screens, hand offs, or first reads down the field.

2. Zay is absolutely electric in the NFL. His stop/start agility is elite and he will easily be a YAC monster.

In no way does Andrews coming back change either of those 2 points. He seems like a buy high candidate if you can.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:18 pm

kmbryant09 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:04 pm Surprised more people aren't talking about Zay. If you watched the game, you know that 2 things were true:

1. Baltimore absolutely prioritized putting the ball in Zay's hands, whether it was screens, hand offs, or first reads down the field.

2. Zay is absolutely electric in the NFL. His stop/start agility is elite and he will easily be a YAC monster.

In no way does Andrews coming back change either of those 2 points. He seems like a buy high candidate if you can.
Agreed. Andrews coming back will take even more away from Bateman/OBJ.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:23 am

mild wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:31 pm Image

Fun chart. :D
Where do you find that chart? That's interesting.

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:53 am

I got him at 1.10 in a 16 team, single QB, PPR league. Probably about five guys in front of me regretting their decision. He’s really good. If he can ever be freed of Jackson I think he’d be even better
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

JoeJoe88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JoeJoe88 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:11 am

j4pac wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:53 am I got him at 1.10 in a 16 team, single QB, PPR league. Probably about five guys in front of me regretting their decision. He’s really good. If he can ever be freed of Jackson I think he’d be even better
I got Addison at 1.10 and him at 2.05 in a 2QB draft lol

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:18 am

j4pac wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:53 am I got him at 1.10 in a 16 team, single QB, PPR league. Probably about five guys in front of me regretting their decision. He’s really good. If he can ever be freed of Jackson I think he’d be even better
Hard for me to say Jackson's skillset doesn't match up very well with Zay. Jackson really isn't a downfield threat QB. A dominant slot receiver type (or TE, as we've seen with Andrews) fits this offense very well, with the quick hitting, high percentage completions.

If he did have more of a downfield vertical threat type QB, would you expect Zay to become a deep ball threat? Or just better targets so he could do more with them?