General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Zay Flowers official thread

Postby Ice » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:20 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:49 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:19 pm
2) Lamar is in rarefied air with 2 Perfect Passer Rating on his resume so it is straight up foolish to think he can't pass the ball. It is also obvious he can run it better than anyone in the game.
Geez. In 2 games 4 years ago where he threw 20 and 17 passes respectively. C’mon. And then you’re insulting people when they state how mediocre of a passer he is - which his game play and stats both support.

How is it that he hasn’t improved as a passer since that time? Since you’re a fan of QB ratings, how is it that his QB rating has gone down significantly since that time? As has his completion percentage, ypa, TD rate, yards per completion, passing 1st downs. The only meaningful passing stat that has gone up over the following 3 years has been his interception rate.
If you believe I insulted you or anyone then I can't help you.

I never claimed he was a great passer or a bad passer but I stand by my comment it’s foolish to think he can’t pass.

I don't see top 6 or 7 in that offense given their running ability but he has arm talent.

No doubt Flowers should help his passing numbers out of the slot to a degree but there is going to be a pretty steep learning curve.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:56 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:41 pm He’s my WR1 in this class. His film was so incredibly good that I can look past the size (which these days isn’t even that small) and the fact that he’s a senior.
Lamar? Wasn't he Bill Polian's WR1 as well?
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:29 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:51 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:41 pm He’s my WR1 in this class. His film was so incredibly good that I can look past the size (which these days isn’t even that small) and the fact that he’s a senior.
I wanted to like his tape but I saw surprisingly little separation for a guy his size who’s coming out as a Senior.

His YAC is crazy and he does play big at the catch point but I’m kind of surprised he’s getting as much hype as he has.

Still, a good player but considering a lot of people have him ahead of QJ because of his bust potential I don’t see him as a significantly safer player
Hmm, I disagree with the lack of separation argument in the same way I disagreed with Jamarr Chase lack of separation argument.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:09 am

If there's one thing Flowers does do well, it's separate. He wouldn't be a first rounder without it.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:03 pm

Lots of moving parts in Ravens offense. New Wrs , new OC, new HUGE contract & expectations for Lamar to justify it .

Lack of exhibition games nowadays will make it hard to get in a groove so I'd expect a slow start in the season but by midseason barring injury we should see how the new offense looks. Might be next year before it's a well oiled machine. Or like Brady in Tampa they will struggle mightily then revert back to what worked before for Lamar.

My bet is that Lamar ends up around 5000 COMBINED yds in a more pass happy offense . Also think that the Ravens defense isn't as stellar anymore. Still good but not Top Five so SHOULD play more high scoring gms this year.

Now back to topic of Zay Flowers it's hard to believe he will get major targets in this group's ensemble of talented players. Maybe in a year or two he's the main guy after Bateman / OBJ contracts expire.But this year figure it's
sporadic production based on Big plays

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:33 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:03 pm Lots of moving parts in Ravens offense. New Wrs , new OC, new HUGE contract & expectations for Lamar to justify it .

Lack of exhibition games nowadays will make it hard to get in a groove so I'd expect a slow start in the season but by midseason barring injury we should see how the new offense looks. Might be next year before it's a well oiled machine. Or like Brady in Tampa they will struggle mightily then revert back to what worked before for Lamar.

My bet is that Lamar ends up around 5000 COMBINED yds in a more pass happy offense . Also think that the Ravens defense isn't as stellar anymore. Still good but not Top Five so SHOULD play more high scoring gms this year.

Now back to topic of Zay Flowers it's hard to believe he will get major targets in this group's ensemble of talented players. Maybe in a year or two he's the main guy after Bateman / OBJ contracts expire.But this year figure it's
sporadic production based on Big plays
Few WRs really fire their rookie seasons. We just need to see him be moderately productive and flash.

5,000 total yards for Lamar is still a very aggressive projection. Obviously if he hits that mark there's more than enough pie to go around for these receivers but it's likely one of these guys are squeezed out of significant opportunity.

So, who is that guy? Could be OBJ, could be Flowers, could be Bateman. The only guy we know for sure is getting his is Mandrews :lol:

Personally, I see Mandrews and Bateman leading this receiving core with OBJ and Zay fighting for that third spot. We'll see what happens, though :thumbup:

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:47 pm

Drafted him late in my redraft league. I felt dirty too. Kind of wish I would have taken him over Johnston in the franchise league
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Shcritters
MVP
MVP

Postby Shcritters » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:32 pm

It is only one week and WAY too early for a victory lap… but getting Zay in the late 1st or early 2nd seems like a big steal. He looks like a human joystick out there… here’s hoping it continues!
Gopher Two
PPR SF, WR & TE Premium (WR 1.2 PPR , TE 1.5 PPR), 10 total starters, 1 QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Mahomes, Prescott, Mayfield
RB: Hall, Pacheco, Jacobs, Connor, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Tyreek, AJ Brown, Flowers, CSutton, JJeudy, Slayton, Iosivas
TE: McBride, DSchultz, Musgrave, Kraft, MGesicki
2024: 1.02, 2.02
2022 and 2023 League Champ

SafeLeague #1 (12 team, SF, 2.0 PPR TE Prem). 10 total starters 1 QB, 1SF (QB/TE/RB/WR), 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex
QB: Purdy, Levis, DTR
RB: Pacheco + scrubs
WR: Downs, MMims, EMoore, Jeudy, MWilson + scrubs
TE: Hock, Kincaid, Pitts, Mayer + scrubs
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.11, 2.01, 2.02, 2.06,
2025: 2 1sts, 2 2nds

SafeLeague #2
QB: Purdy, Richardson, Hooker, Willis
RB: literal ZERO RB (for now)
WR: Mingo, MMims, Toney, Skyy, Iosivas
TE: LaPorta, Kincaid, McBride, Mayer, Musgrave, Schoonmaker (and a bunch more 2nd stringers)
2024: 1.01, 1.05, 1.06, 1.08, 1.09, 1.10, 2.01, 2.05, 2.06
2025: 1 1st, 1 2nd

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:54 pm

Shcritters wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:32 pm It is only one week and WAY too early for a victory lap… but getting Zay in the late 1st or early 2nd seems like a big steal. He looks like a human joystick out there… here’s hoping it continues!
Per @LateRoundQB
Odell Beckham and Zay Flowers played well ahead of Rashod Bateman today. They were at 93% and 83% snap shares, respectively, while Bateman was at 38%, per Next Gen Stats.

Zay Flowers had a 47.6% target share today. I believe (someone can fact check me) that's (by far) the highest target share from a rookie wide receiver in Week 1 since at least 2011. #STUD
Ravens look to have finally struck WR oil here...

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:57 pm

Nothing like a good week 1 victory lap. Let me pile on by posting my scouting report on Flowers;

Zay Flowers
Enthusiastic blocker. Plays with an attitude. Seems to know how to stack a db and keep away from the sideline on deep routes. Works back to the football. Plays and looks bigger than his size. No wasted movement.

There were no negatives...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:01 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:54 pm
Shcritters wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:32 pm It is only one week and WAY too early for a victory lap… but getting Zay in the late 1st or early 2nd seems like a big steal. He looks like a human joystick out there… here’s hoping it continues!
Per @LateRoundQB
Odell Beckham and Zay Flowers played well ahead of Rashod Bateman today. They were at 93% and 83% snap shares, respectively, while Bateman was at 38%, per Next Gen Stats.

Zay Flowers had a 47.6% target share today. I believe (someone can fact check me) that's (by far) the highest target share from a rookie wide receiver in Week 1 since at least 2011. #STUD
Ravens look to have finally struck WR oil here...
Yep, now they just need to find a competent passer. :wink: :lol:

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:01 pm Yep, now they just need to find a competent passer. :wink: :lol:
Y'know... Dak threw for fewer yards on more attempts today... :D

Perhaps Dallas need to find a competent passer, too.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:10 pm

mild wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:07 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:01 pm Yep, now they just need to find a competent passer. :wink: :lol:
Y'know... Dak threw for fewer yards on more attempts today... :D

Perhaps Dallas need to find a competent passer, too.
I mean, it's possible. Justin Fields may be available, he threw for more yards today, so he must be better, right?...........RIGHT? In all seriousness, I think Flowers looks great, I don't think Lamar will ever be an elite passer, but he'll do a lot better just tossing the ball around the LOS to this dude, than what they had him doing before.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:10 pm I mean, it's possible. Justin Fields may be available, he threw for more yards today, so he must be better, right?...........RIGHT? In all seriousness, I think Flowers looks great, I don't think Lamar will ever be an elite passer, but he'll do a lot better just tossing the ball around the LOS to this dude, than what they had him doing before.
My point being that there will be some game scripts soon that actually call for the offense to open up and get aggressive, rather than squatting on a lead against an inferior team. It'll be interesting to see what this offense - which is clearly still finding it's feet - will look like, then. (and I'd say the same for Dallas too)

Interesting that Flowers had an aDOT of 2 yards... it's not quite Deebo, but it's a whole lot of gadget-style usage that the Ravens are clearly prioritising him on - they want the ball in his hands. That target share state is still nuts to me...

Are we sure Justin Fields will be available? I heard he's already in contract talks with the Saskatchewan Roughriders...

tstafford
GOAT
GOAT

Postby tstafford » Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:32 am

This seemed a bit predictable. I was low on Flowers during draft season and was probably wrong. That said, I want to see a game like this out of him with Andrews on the field. A lot of the offense is tied to Andrews. I'm chalking up Flowers (and Lamar) to Andrews being out. I'm not reacting to BAL yet. . .