FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tony Pollard Discussion

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:15 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:53 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:50 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:47 pm

Okay. Heard MIA too. Just didn't want something nasty to happen after I decide not to move Pollard.
Miami has been the constant. Now inevitably, in today's modern day media, people need to churn out content daily. It's everybody is awesome season, and everybody is going everywhere rumours. :lol:

Got a drinking game for ya. Take a shot every you hear or read "so and so is a breakout candidate".
LOL, true. Just making sure Pollard stays the man in DAL, that's all. Glad they didn't get Bijan.
Oh, Pollard already broke out. The last comment was about the off-season in general. I was just saying, even with Zeke, he's still going to ball, barring injury. Actually, if they re-sign Zeke, you might be able to get him cheaper.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:41 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:15 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:53 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:50 pm

Miami has been the constant. Now inevitably, in today's modern day media, people need to churn out content daily. It's everybody is awesome season, and everybody is going everywhere rumours. :lol:

Got a drinking game for ya. Take a shot every you hear or read "so and so is a breakout candidate".
LOL, true. Just making sure Pollard stays the man in DAL, that's all. Glad they didn't get Bijan.
Oh, Pollard already broke out. The last comment was about the off-season in general. I was just saying, even with Zeke, he's still going to ball, barring injury. Actually, if they re-sign Zeke, you might be able to get him cheaper.
Oh for sure, I've owned Pollard for a few years now, since he came out, and had him and Zeke for the entire time. I'm big on him, just seeing what the community felt about his presence as an RB1 who can keep the job.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:17 pm

I think Pollard is a huge sell right now, as many seem to feel that he is now an elite NFL RB, and not simply a 26 year old RB on a one year contract in a good spot, that could change because many feel that the Cowboys could still add another RB through free agency.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:43 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:17 pm I think Pollard is a huge sell right now, as many seem to feel that he is now an elite NFL RB, and not simply a 26 year old RB on a one year contract in a good spot, that could change because many feel that the Cowboys could still add another RB through free agency.
You shouldn't want pollard to carry the load. He needs another back taking some inside runs.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:54 pm

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:43 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:17 pm I think Pollard is a huge sell right now, as many seem to feel that he is now an elite NFL RB, and not simply a 26 year old RB on a one year contract in a good spot, that could change because many feel that the Cowboys could still add another RB through free agency.
You shouldn't want pollard to carry the load. He needs another back taking some inside runs.
I agree with that, my point was just that I believe that Pollard's value will never be higher than it is right now.
So I would look to sell, before his value ultimately goes down.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:58 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:54 pm
I agree with that, my point was just that I believe that Pollard's value will never be higher than it is right now.
Bijan's value will likely go down. "Value" isn't just the trade market. It's points in your lineup, to win actual FF matchups, and ultimately championships. I drafted Bijan. Instead of trading him because he's at peak value, I traded future value to add Chase to my lineup. I tried to move Ekeler 2 years ago, thinking he was at peak "value", I couldn't, and he won it for me, 2 years in row, or at least, was a huge part of it. Learned from that. I moved JK for for Mixon when he hurt his knee that year, too. I then moved Mixon for Jacobs early last year, before Jacobs went off.

In another league, I was a mediocre team in a 14 team SF last year, middle of the pack, my QB's were Carr and Wentz. I decided to move a future 2nd for Geno. I nearly packed it in. Decided, why not? Get in the dance, who knows?

I won the ship, with benched Carr, and Geno and Carson at QB. My opponents, who had better rosters, had bad weeks, 3 weeks in row, vs my team. I had far better teams in the past, that never won. I won because I took a shot, on Geno Smith, rather than packing it in. I had some good RB's and Wr's, but nothing special....Had chosen Hall and Walker, but had moved for Coop and Cooks to go win now, earlier in the year. Almost backed out before the playoffs. Realized I had no future capital anyway, what's a future 2nd? Had made those win now moves. Got Geno. Won because of that. That 2.14, as it turned out, was the "VALUE" that won a ship.

If you're a competitor, you don't trade players unless you get immediate production AND future "value"/ What's the value of a future 24 first i f it lands you an extra year of production in a win now window? You might spend that pick on a dud a year from now, waiting 2 years a year from now to realize they are a dud. 3 years of nothing. "Value" isn't just trade value, it's points in your lineup, and winning. Value is relative to what you are trying to accomplish.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:46 am

Yup this is where I'm at. More than happy to enjoy another year or 2 of production, but if I can get RB1 prices, I'm probably out. I can buy another RB for contending that's probably cheaper. Chubb, Henry and Jones are all well behind him on KTC.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:50 am

Surprised noone brought up the potential for reduced efficiency with the OC gone.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:36 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:50 am Surprised noone brought up the potential for reduced efficiency with the OC gone.
It's probably offset by the idea that they intend to be less efficient because they're going to be dead set on #establishing it.

It will be fun to see how quickly the Cowboys faithful turn on Schotty, though.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:18 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:50 am Surprised noone brought up the potential for reduced efficiency with the OC gone.
People probably remember The HC was an OC and has a SB under his belt.

The offense won’t change much other than the O Line is improving, they added speed at WR and McCarthy likes to run the ball.

The offense should actually be better and the box matchups should improve even more for Pollard.

The long term success may not be there given the contract but few RB’s are safe bets these days.

He is great for teams hoping for a fantasy title run this year.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:17 am

I love Pollard because he’s really talented and efficient. Even if they bring someone in…he’s still probably be better than the guy they bring in, Cook included…so he’ll have a prominent role either way. He’s also 26, but with low mileage…and highly efficient. He’s a guy I expect will still be a RB2-3 over the next 2-3 years. If you can get a couple RB1 seasons out of him…even better. I had to trade a RB this year to upgrade at QB (ended up getting Fieids)…and chose to get rid of Barkley just because Barkley’s price is so much higher and their expected longevity is probably pretty similar.
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:50 pm

Ice wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:18 am
Ah yes, who could forget Mike McCarthy's epic playcalling to win that SB! They couldn't have done it without him, no chance.

Not to take anything away from the man... but when I think "2011 Green Bay Superbowl" his is not the first name I think of... nor the second... and what a belt it is!

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:23 pm

mild wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:50 pm
Ice wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:18 am
Ah yes, who could forget Mike McCarthy's epic playcalling to win that SB! They couldn't have done it without him, no chance.

Not to take anything away from the man... but when I think "2011 Green Bay Superbowl" his is not the first name I think of... nor the second... and what a belt it is!
No doubt haters gonna hate but he is calling the plays this year and the Cowboy players seem to like it at this point, especially Dak. Time will tell but it is obvious Dallas has a very good offense and has for some time. Turnovers by Dak has been an issue but worrying about McCarthy calling plays over an OC that was pretty vanilla in his play calling the last few years shouldn't be a real concern unless you're just being a scared Giant's fan! :biggrin:

That said, McCarthy better show improvement this season with Dak or both could be in trouble.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:27 pm

Ice wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:23 pm No doubt haters gonna hate but he is calling the plays this year and the Cowboy players seem to like it at this point, especially Dak. Time will tell but it is obvious Dallas has a very good offense and has for some time. Turnovers by Dak has been an issue but worrying about McCarthy calling plays over an OC that was pretty vanilla in his play calling the last few years shouldn't be a real concern unless you're just being a scared Giant's fan! :biggrin:

That said, McCarthy better show improvement this season with Dak or both could be in trouble.
This Giants fan is definitely not scared of the Cowboys. Our teams are at different stages - we're still building, you're contending. We overachieved last year, and you guys underachieved. Both of us are still sniffing Philly's exhaust fumes in the division. And of course you know I love to hate 'em, and I celebrate your yearly playoff loss as hard as any other self-respecting non-Dallas fan (almost as hard as I celebrate a Boston loss)

But!

Gotta say, I loved the Cooks signing for you guys. That's the most dangerous #2 you've had since you let Amari go. In years where Cooks has had 100 targets (ie weeding out his injury seasons) he has never finished below 1000 yards, and has always been a WR2 (ie top 24) or better. (His worst finish in that 100 target category was WR20 in the Rookie Davis Mills / Tyrod Taylor year)

He has 6 of those 100+ target 1000+ yard seasons in his 9 year career. The other three were only curtailed by injury, the pace splits were all there. If he stays healthy for you guys, it's going to really help.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:58 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:54 pm

Bijan's value will likely go down. "Value" isn't just the trade market. It's points in your lineup, to win actual FF matchups, and ultimately championships. I drafted Bijan. Instead of trading him because he's at peak value, I traded future value to add Chase to my lineup. I tried to move Ekeler 2 years ago, thinking he was at peak "value", I couldn't, and he won it for me, 2 years in row, or at least, was a huge part of it. Learned from that. I moved JK for for Mixon when he hurt his knee that year, too. I then moved Mixon for Jacobs early last year, before Jacobs went off.

In another league, I was a mediocre team in a 14 team SF last year, middle of the pack, my QB's were Carr and Wentz. I decided to move a future 2nd for Geno. I nearly packed it in. Decided, why not? Get in the dance, who knows?

I won the ship, with benched Carr, and Geno and Carson at QB. My opponents, who had better rosters, had bad weeks, 3 weeks in row, vs my team. I had far better teams in the past, that never won. I won because I took a shot, on Geno Smith, rather than packing it in. I had some good RB's and Wr's, but nothing special....Had chosen Hall and Walker, but had moved for Coop and Cooks to go win now, earlier in the year. Almost backed out before the playoffs. Realized I had no future capital anyway, what's a future 2nd? Had made those win now moves. Got Geno. Won because of that. That 2.14, as it turned out, was the "VALUE" that won a ship.

If you're a competitor, you don't trade players unless you get immediate production AND future "value"/ What's the value of a future 24 first i f it lands you an extra year of production in a win now window? You might spend that pick on a dud a year from now, waiting 2 years a year from now to realize they are a dud. 3 years of nothing. "Value" isn't just trade value, it's points in your lineup, and winning. Value is relative to what you are trying to accomplish.
It seems as if you have been more fortunate than I have been. I tried very hard to sell JT in a 20 team league after his 2021 season, when he was the unquestioned RB1. Unfortunately, his value was so high that I couldn't move him.

I have 3 Bijan shares, and would happily listen to offers, from the likes of what I have been hearing, but most seem willing to wait for his value to drop.

Seems like, especially with RB's, do NOT buy high, just wait, and their value will eventually drop.
Just like I picked up Breece Hall in one league last year for DeVonta Smith, after he got injured.
All prices fall eventually, I've been holding too many JT, Javonte, Dobbins, Breece shares I guess, none of them winning me anything in 2022.