Jordan Addison Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Jordan Addison Thread

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:45 pm

Yeah it’s surprising how many people are slobbing Dobbs. He’s a journeyman qb whose claim to fame is not looking like absolute dogsht in 2023. Vikings would be fools to not give Hall every opportunity first, then if he faceplants in spectacular fashion you bring in Dobbs.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:48 pm

Cousins injury is just a bummer overall. The Vikings were solid source of fantasy goodness the past couple years. All the weapons take a hit, it just too be seen how much of a hit it's going to be.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:45 am

Sriracha wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:33 pm
Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:04 am
Sriracha wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:40 pm

MIN trading for Dobbs is a low risk move.

I don't believe he was brought in here to be "the guy" while Kirk is out. They drafted a guy in the 5th with some interesting tools who will probably stink and Dobbs was brought in to stabilize the team if he can't get it done.
I get what you're saying, that Dobbs isn't expected to be as good as Cousins at generating wins or being that good of a QB.

OTOH, I think Dobbs was brought in to the The Guy for the rest of the season, and I think Minnesota still wants to compete for a playoff spot. I don't think the team intends, at this time, to just play out the season amid a flurry of losses and say "oh well, what could we do?"

They're hoping Dobbs can be good enough to win enough games to make the playoffs. And I think that means the coaching staff is going to be working overtime with him to get him ready. In that sense, Dobbs is expected to be The Guy and not just a loser-generator. I think.
We'll see but I think people are writing of Jaren Hall too quickly. The guy has starter level traits despite being a 5th round pick.
He is the guy that was throwing to Puka, so who knows what kind of magic we are dealing with.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:02 am

CGW wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:45 am
Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:04 am
I get what you're saying, that Dobbs isn't expected to be as good as Cousins at generating wins or being that good of a QB.

OTOH, I think Dobbs was brought in to the The Guy for the rest of the season, and I think Minnesota still wants to compete for a playoff spot. I don't think the team intends, at this time, to just play out the season amid a flurry of losses and say "oh well, what could we do?"

They're hoping Dobbs can be good enough to win enough games to make the playoffs. And I think that means the coaching staff is going to be working overtime with him to get him ready. In that sense, Dobbs is expected to be The Guy and not just a loser-generator. I think.
We'll see but I think people are writing of Jaren Hall too quickly. The guy has starter level traits despite being a 5th round pick.
He is the guy that was throwing to Puka, so who knows what kind of magic we are dealing with.
Wait… Hall taught Puka everything he knows about being a WR?! Whoooo baby let’s GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:07 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:02 am

Wait… Hall taught Puka everything he knows about being a WR?! Whoooo baby let’s GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I like your train of thought. :lol:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:50 am

CGW wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:07 am

:lol:

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:49 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:50 am
CGW wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:07 am

:lol:
Hall Aboard *ducks*
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:51 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:47 pm Dobbs is extremely intelligent. Don’t think the complex playbook is gonna be a problem…

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270 ... raft-steal
Perhaps this is why we haven't seen more Rocket Scientists in the league!

Poor Dobbs is getting murdered out there, he's an absolute turnover machine today. Rough watch.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:52 pm

Classic reactionairy post ageing like fiiiiiiiiine cheese. :lol: Dobbs pretty much went full Rocket Scientist mode against the Arthur Smith Dead-@ss's after I posted that.

Legitimately incredible stories coming out of Minnesota right now:
Incredible stories from the Vikings' locker room today. Josh Dobbs didn't take a single rep with the offense in practice. No snaps from Garrett Bradbury. Had never thrown passes to anyone, and didn't know most of their full names. "That's for next week," he said.

When it was time for Josh Dobbs to come into the game, the Vikings' offense huddled on the sideline and went through the team's 5 primary cadences, said RT Brian O'Neill. That was the first time he had gone through it with the rest of the offense.
Unbelievable. Josh Dobbs said that Vikings HC Kevin O’Connell was essentially translating calls and mapping out plays mid-huddle, as the play clock was ticking down. KOC called Dobbs’ ability to handle it all one of the most impressive things he’d seen in his career.
https://twitter.com/alec_lewis/status/1 ... 9181622490

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/ ... 9074000098

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:35 pm

To me, it's either Addison or Nacua as WR1 in this class as it stands. I'd take Addison, due to pedigree, and slightly younger, but Nacua looks legit as well.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:48 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:35 pm To me, it's either Addison or Nacua as WR1 in this class as it stands. I'd take Addison, due to pedigree, and slightly younger, but Nacua looks legit as well.
Lotta talent in this WR class.

I plead the 5th on declaring anyone the #1 right now.

One thing is clear, Addison definitely belongs in the discussion. :thumbup:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:27 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:48 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:35 pm To me, it's either Addison or Nacua as WR1 in this class as it stands. I'd take Addison, due to pedigree, and slightly younger, but Nacua looks legit as well.

That's how I feel as well. Still like Flowers and JSN as well. And Tank certainly left his mark. It's still very early in their careers

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:34 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:27 pm

That's how I feel as well. Still like Flowers and JSN as well. And Tank certainly left his mark. It's still very early in their careers
Tank is 3 years older than Addison. No chance I'd take him over Addison. Nor JSN. I do like Flowers, I'd have him at WR3 as it stands right now.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:34 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:27 pm

Tank is 3 years older than Addison. No chance I'd take him over Addison. Nor JSN. I do like Flowers, I'd have him at WR3 as it stands right now.
Age is extremely overrated for WRs under 26. Addison might be a better talent but Dell is locked into Stroud as his QB for at least the next 3 years and just scored more than 3 ppg than Addison did entering this game.

I probably lean towards Addison but I wouldn't call it a black and white decision. MIN's QB situation is an unsovled formula right now and competing with JJ for targets in a touch squeze is a very dicey proposition if they somehow end up with a game manager playing not to lose.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:09 am

Sriracha wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:18 pm Addison might be a better talent but Dell is locked into Stroud as his QB for at least the next 3 years and just scored more than 3 ppg than Addison did entering this game.
That's with the third and fourth string QBs. With Cousins, Addison would likely have far more points. We'll see if they bring Cousins back though.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.