Jordan Addison Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: Jordan Addison Thread

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:44 am

We always knew he was going to be good. No surprises here. He'll regress probably but it's not his fault.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:45 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:44 am We always knew he was going to be good. No surprises here. He'll regress probably but it's not his fault.
There was a contingent of the Combine Testing crowd that dinged him for his lacklustre 40 and less-than-ideal weight. I'll admit that it made me rewatch him too.

For a minute there, it wasn't a foregone conclusion. I think the Landing Spot + DC helped cement him, though.

Super tough break for all MIN pass catchers. I'm really interested to see what they do at the deadline now. (Probably nothing)

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:36 pm

mild wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:45 pm

Super tough break for all MIN pass catchers. I'm really interested to see what they do at the deadline now. (Probably nothing)
Dobbs in town.

I haven’t watched any of him. What is your expectations?

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:39 pm

He loves throwing to tight ends.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:21 pm

trc wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:36 pm
mild wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:45 pm

Dobbs in town.

I haven’t watched any of him. What is your expectations?
He does indeed love his TE's. Hock might still be pretty good.

I've not caught much either, just highlights and usage charts. It sounds like they're going to go with the Rookie this week and have Dobbs as the backup, then re-evaluate for Week 10. O'Connells scheme is notably complex, and not something you can just "walk into". Recall that Cousins himself was still struggling with putting it all together on the fly last year; he said coming into this year with it already in place was huge for him to hit the ground running.

So ultimately it'll be a pared-back playbook if Dobbs is under centre, and likely a "Rookie Friendly" one for Jaren Hall too.

On the good side, Justin Jefferson is due back "sooner rather than later" according to Rapoport. So that will help.

But no chance either of these QB's is going to be good enough to support all 3 elite fantasy pass catching options (JJ / Addo / Hock) in this offense like Cousins could, so my expectations are that it will be a weekly blowup game for 1/3 or 2/3 at best.

And best of luck to us picking which ones...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:40 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:21 pm
Likely a "Jefferson and" type of situation.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:14 pm

Valhalla wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:40 pm
I want to agree, but if Dobbs is under center....

I think Hockensen is going to be the safest bet of the bunch.

Jefferson will likely continue commanding doubles wherever he goes. He's one of the few players in the NFL that commands a true double-team on passing downs.

My sense is that defenses will make Dobbs beat them with his arm, double Jefferson, and say "best of luck".

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:27 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:14 pm
Valhalla wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:40 pm
I want to agree, but if Dobbs is under center....

I think Hockensen is going to be the safest bet of the bunch.

Jefferson will likely continue commanding doubles wherever he goes. He's one of the few players in the NFL that commands a true double-team on passing downs.

My sense is that defenses will make Dobbs beat them with his arm, double Jefferson, and say "best of luck".
I like the looks of that. Calms the nerves a bit
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:47 pm

Dobbs is extremely intelligent. Don’t think the complex playbook is gonna be a problem…

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/270 ... raft-steal

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:02 pm

Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:47 pm Dobbs is extremely intelligent. Don’t think the complex playbook is gonna be a problem…

I don't care who you are - you can't master an NFL playbook in one week flat.

If he'd had a full offseason then yeah, sure...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:36 pm

mild wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:02 pm
Lumps wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:47 pm Dobbs is extremely intelligent. Don’t think the complex playbook is gonna be a problem…

I don't care who you are - you can't master an NFL playbook in one week flat.

If he'd had a full offseason then yeah, sure...
Totally agree. It's not just that, either. It's mastering it on the field, not in your head. X's and O's don't move. You don't know the WR's, the OL, ANYBODY. Verbage, communications, etc. It's a tough ask. Going to a 3rd system this season. No matter what your intelligence level is.
Janiel Dones Truther

Foodie. Mild sauce goes in the trash. Well done steak goes with it.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:32 pm

It's also not 100% Dobbs' responsibility to master the entire playbook in a week. It's about the coaches realizing they have a new QB and simplifiying the play book to the bare bones. Then each week, adding in a bit more to each gameplan until by week 15 or so, Dobbs can handle a significant portion of the playbook.

If a player as football smart as Dobbs looks lost in his first two starts, half the blame goes to the coaches.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:40 pm

Anteaters wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:32 pm It's also not 100% Dobbs' responsibility to master the entire playbook in a week. It's about the coaches realizing they have a new QB and simplifiying the play book to the bare bones. Then each week, adding in a bit more to each gameplan until by week 15 or so, Dobbs can handle a significant portion of the playbook.

If a player as football smart as Dobbs looks lost in his first two starts, half the blame goes to the coaches.
MIN trading for Dobbs is a low risk move.

I don't believe he was brought in here to be "the guy" while Kirk is out. They drafted a guy in the 5th with some interesting tools who will probably stink and Dobbs was brought in to stabilize the team if he can't get it done.

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:04 am

Sriracha wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:40 pm
Anteaters wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:32 pm It's also not 100% Dobbs' responsibility to master the entire playbook in a week. It's about the coaches realizing they have a new QB and simplifiying the play book to the bare bones. Then each week, adding in a bit more to each gameplan until by week 15 or so, Dobbs can handle a significant portion of the playbook.

I don't believe he was brought in here to be "the guy" while Kirk is out. They drafted a guy in the 5th with some interesting tools who will probably stink and Dobbs was brought in to stabilize the team if he can't get it done.
I get what you're saying, that Dobbs isn't expected to be as good as Cousins at generating wins or being that good of a QB.

OTOH, I think Dobbs was brought in to the The Guy for the rest of the season, and I think Minnesota still wants to compete for a playoff spot. I don't think the team intends, at this time, to just play out the season amid a flurry of losses and say "oh well, what could we do?"

They're hoping Dobbs can be good enough to win enough games to make the playoffs. And I think that means the coaching staff is going to be working overtime with him to get him ready. In that sense, Dobbs is expected to be The Guy and not just a loser-generator. I think.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:33 pm

Anteaters wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:04 am
Sriracha wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:40 pm

I get what you're saying, that Dobbs isn't expected to be as good as Cousins at generating wins or being that good of a QB.

OTOH, I think Dobbs was brought in to the The Guy for the rest of the season, and I think Minnesota still wants to compete for a playoff spot. I don't think the team intends, at this time, to just play out the season amid a flurry of losses and say "oh well, what could we do?"

They're hoping Dobbs can be good enough to win enough games to make the playoffs. And I think that means the coaching staff is going to be working overtime with him to get him ready. In that sense, Dobbs is expected to be The Guy and not just a loser-generator. I think.
We'll see but I think people are writing of Jaren Hall too quickly. The guy has starter level traits despite being a 5th round pick.