Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Kyren Williams

Postby JoeJoe88 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:02 am

Jigga94 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:56 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:31 pm
mild wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:30 pm

Yeah, I think you're right.

Certainly the D-Hen move is an interesting one considering he should theoretically still have good command of the offensive system.

Definitely trending towards "ugly timeshare" status, and Ronnie is a lock for absolutely droppable status (unless he hits IR for stashing before waivers tonight)
Wait, when did he get that nickname? He isn't good enough to get a D-Hop knockoff name. Hendo, fine. I do not approve of the D-Hen nickname. I motion to strike it from the record! :lol:
It's always been DaHen and he's about to finally hatch
My moneys on laying an egg :lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:33 am

JoeJoe88 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:02 am

Wait, when did he get that nickname? He isn't good enough to get a D-Hop knockoff name. Hendo, fine. I do not approve of the D-Hen nickname. I motion to strike it from the record! :lol:
:lol: :clap:
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:25 am

Nice
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:27 am

For sure, he's trash

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:14 pm

IR for Kyren sucks. He'll have a bye, mixed in there, so I guess they are wanting him to be fully healthy. Makes his performance last week even more admirable, considering a ton of his yards and that TD came AFTER he got hurt, with an IR worthy injury. Hard to believe any of these backs left will keep him off the field when he returns, but a tough blow for the Rams and FF owners alike.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:53 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:14 pm IR for Kyren sucks. He'll have a bye, mixed in there, so I guess they are wanting him to be fully healthy. Makes his performance last week even more admirable, considering a ton of his yards and that TD came AFTER he got hurt, with an IR worthy injury. Hard to believe any of these backs left will keep him off the field when he returns, but a tough blow for the Rams and FF owners alike.
Da-Hen is a must-add off the waiver wire now with the IR move, if he's somehow still out there.

There's a chance he's going to get some run these next few weeks, as we truly don't know which of these backs will be trusted in pass protection, and this role as McVay's RB is simply too valuable to ignore. For as middling as Da-Hen is, we know he's done it before. He might get the nod on neutral and passing downs in that respect.

At the least, everyone should be grabbing every lottery ticket they can for this backfield if they have a spare roster space.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:53 pm

mild wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:53 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 5:14 pm IR for Kyren sucks. He'll have a bye, mixed in there, so I guess they are wanting him to be fully healthy. Makes his performance last week even more admirable, considering a ton of his yards and that TD came AFTER he got hurt, with an IR worthy injury. Hard to believe any of these backs left will keep him off the field when he returns, but a tough blow for the Rams and FF owners alike.
Da-Hen is a must-add off the waiver wire now with the IR move, if he's somehow still out there.

There's a chance he's going to get some run these next few weeks, as we truly don't know which of these backs will be trusted in pass protection, and this role as McVay's RB is simply too valuable to ignore. For as middling as Da-Hen is, we know he's done it before. He might get the nod on neutral and passing downs in that respect.

At the least, everyone should be grabbing every lottery ticket they can for this backfield if they have a spare roster space.
I'd rather go with Royce, if I could only get one. He's the one they actually kept on their practice squad, so he's been running the system at it's latest all year. He's a big back, with the ability to hold up in pass pro. Anyone could be the add, likely it's a big muddle of nothing relevant for FF, and they construct a short pass game to replace some of the run game.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:28 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:53 pm I'd rather go with Royce, if I could only get one. He's the one they actually kept on their practice squad, so he's been running the system at it's latest all year. He's a big back, with the ability to hold up in pass pro. Anyone could be the add, likely it's a big muddle of nothing relevant for FF, and they construct a short pass game to replace some of the run game.
Yikes. Well, I wish you luck with that.

Royce Freeman:
Career 100 yard games: 0
Since 2020, most receptions in a season: 12

I'd far rather the guy that has at least had *some* production this decade when he's gotten the chance. Darrell has had a 29 reception season (on 40 targets) already in this exact McVay offense back in 2021.

You have to go back to 2019 (ie a minute ago) to see any signs of life on Royce's stat page, and even then - it's the very definition of mediocre.

Again, best of luck with that though - maybe you'll be right!

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:58 pm

mild wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:28 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:53 pm I'd rather go with Royce, if I could only get one. He's the one they actually kept on their practice squad, so he's been running the system at it's latest all year. He's a big back, with the ability to hold up in pass pro. Anyone could be the add, likely it's a big muddle of nothing relevant for FF, and they construct a short pass game to replace some of the run game.
Yikes. Well, I wish you luck with that.

Royce Freeman:
Career 100 yard games: 0
Since 2020, most receptions in a season: 12

I'd far rather the guy that has at least had *some* production this decade when he's gotten the chance. Darrell has had a 29 reception season (on 40 targets) already in this exact McVay offense back in 2021.

You have to go back to 2019 (ie a minute ago) to see any signs of life on Royce's stat page, and even then - it's the very definition of mediocre.

Again, best of luck with that though - maybe you'll be right!
I mean, they all suck. It is what it is. Zero chance I'd start any of these guys. It's really not worth talking about, at this point, IMO, take a swing, and likely there isn't a hit on any of them. No confidence in starting any of these backs this week. Kyren looked good, and he'll have his job when he gets back, so it's really 4 games of meh until then, I suspect, and maybe one week you get some good production, but what week? Who knows?

This is a really bad situation for McVay, and I suspect he's smart enough to change his game plan and go with Stafford's ability, to work the short passing game, and some new plays to get a few yards on early downs that way. I just don't see any RB they currently have as startable, and I think McVay is going to go with the run just enough so that the D respects it, but that's about it.

If anyone is counting on any of these backs for production, I'd say good luck to THAT.

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:12 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:58 pm I mean, they all suck. It is what it is. Zero chance I'd start any of these guys. It's really not worth talking about, at this point, IMO, take a swing, and likely there isn't a hit on any of them. No confidence in starting any of these backs this week.
This can all be true at the same time.

But presuming you're one of the vast majority playing in a PPR format, either half or full: if you're not prioritising the back that catches passes as a way to tie-break two mediocre talents, then you should probably read more.
If you are one of the backs catching the football, you are inherently getting more production per touch since the catch itself is a reward while the yardage gained on an average reception is greater than the average handoff.
Take the guy with receiving upside. Add Da-Hen over Royce Freeman. :boohoo:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:47 pm

mild wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:12 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:58 pm I mean, they all suck. It is what it is. Zero chance I'd start any of these guys. It's really not worth talking about, at this point, IMO, take a swing, and likely there isn't a hit on any of them. No confidence in starting any of these backs this week.
This can all be true at the same time.

But presuming you're one of the vast majority playing in a PPR format, either half or full: if you're not prioritising the back that catches passes as a way to tie-break two mediocre talents, then you should probably read more.
If you are one of the backs catching the football, you are inherently getting more production per touch since the catch itself is a reward while the yardage gained on an average reception is greater than the average handoff.
Take the guy with receiving upside. Add Da-Hen over Royce Freeman. :boohoo:
The league I have Kyren in, does not operate this way. It's not PPR, it's tiered PPR, based on YPR. You are rewarded for first downs, also, runs and receptions, and there's quite a bit of nuance to the scoring. It's not to say receiving doesn't matter, it doesn't, it just isn't an automatic point per reception.

Regardless of that, it doesn't change the fact they all suck, just that I won't an automatic point for a catch, from "the broken egg."

EDIT

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/387 ... s-steelers

Schefter says it's both these guys, with Royce the likely starter, but that could change based on how the Steelers line up. It seems Evans isn't the guy, "still learning the offense" and "acclimating to the NFL".

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:22 pm

https://twitter.com/CoachspeakIndex/sta ... 4160019958

"Coach Speak", but nonetheless, this is pretty endearing. Have to think Kyren has a role next year, as long as McVay is there.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:16 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:22 pm https://twitter.com/CoachspeakIndex/sta ... 4160019958

"Coach Speak", but nonetheless, this is pretty endearing. Have to think Kyren has a role next year, as long as McVay is there.
I'm impressed he did so well against the stingy Ravens defense. Williams has continued to excel, and the Rams have him dirt cheap for the '24 and '25 seasons. I don't know why you'd take an RB high in the draft when you have Kyren.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

frerichs5
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby frerichs5 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:30 am

I love the posts at the beginning of this thread. Just a reminder we don’t know as much as we think we do.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:27 am

frerichs5 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:30 am I love the posts at the beginning of this thread. Just a reminder we don’t know as much as we think we do.
Yup I have a few damming ones on the front page lol RB is more and more about opportunity and Kyren is one of the few RB with the backfield to himself