General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Dalton Kincaid - TE - Buffalo Bills

Postby yinzername » Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:12 pm

Finfansteve wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:46 pm
Ice wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:51 pm
yinzername wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:21 pm Would you trade away MAndrews and an early 24 3rd to acquire Kincaid and a 24 late 1st? NOT TE Prem, team in sig below at the very beginning of significant rebuild
In a heartbeat if rebuilding!
Do you think Kincaid will be THAT good or are you looking to cash out on Andrews in this scenario?
I would be cashing out on Andrews for the lotto ticket at TE (I’m aware of the 1st round hit rates for TEs issue) and adding a late 24 1st to the three I already have, adding to my fire power for prime picks or trade value. My team is pretty well nuked, I sold a ton of aging RBs, a QB and a WR or two back at my 23 trade deadline, and at the start of the off season. I think I can be back to the middle of the pack or better after the ‘25 rookie draft. Will Andrews still be a big help to me then? Will I have missed the sell high window? Or do I just hold and hope he still gives me a big positional advantage when it matters to me in a couple/few years?
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
Notable Assets in Rebuild
QB: Mahomes - Levis - Rudolph
RB: K Mitchell - J McLaughlin - C Rodriguez - Z Evans
WR: AJB - M Pittman- R Doubs - E Moore - Shaheed - C Tillman- A Iosivas
TE: MAndrews - Kraft
'24: 1.1, 1.7, 2.1, 2.6, 2.10, 3.1, 3.10
‘25: 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10
QB: TLaw - Purdy - Goff
RB: Chubb - D Montgomery - D Singletary - A Mattison - K Miller - J Hill
WR: CeeDee - Aiyuk - Rice - Godwin - J Reed - E Moore
TE: Kittle - Kincaid - Chig
picks: 1.09, 2.11

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:17 pm

yinzername wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:21 pm Would you trade away MAndrews and an early 24 3rd to acquire Kincaid and a 24 late 1st? NOT TE Prem, team in sig below at the very beginning of significant rebuild
Do you think Kincaid will be THAT good or are you looking to cash out on Andrews in this scenario?
I am taking the trade. It's a rebuild. Take the first and a top end TE prospect. Andrews had 1 big year, that looks to be an outlier. They have added a ton of talent at WR, and his QB is Lamar, who has 1 career year over 3000 yards. Never hit 3,200 yards. Allen>Lamar. Take the first and the youth. 2 way go trades like this in a rebuild are smart moves.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jrblaha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jrblaha » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:51 am

Don’t hate it, but have you shopped Andrews to see if anyone else offers better?
12 team. PPR. QB pass td = 6
Starters: QB(1) FLEX (RB/WR/TE)(2) RB(2) WR(3) TE(1)

QB: AR, DJones
RB: Gibby, Charb, KMiller, Akers
WR: Chase, Lamb, G Wilson, Tank Dell, Burks, Mimsy, Tutu, W Robinson, Tucker, Wicks, RBell
TE: DNjoku, Hunter Henry

Draft Picks: 2024: 1.2, 1.5, 1.11. 2025: 1st Round (2) 2nd Round (1), 2026: 1st Round (1) 2nd Round (2)

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:00 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:17 pm

I am taking the trade. It's a rebuild. Take the first and a top end TE prospect. Andrews had 1 big year, that looks to be an outlier. They have added a ton of talent at WR, and his QB is Lamar, who has 1 career year over 3000 yards. Never hit 3,200 yards. Allen>Lamar. Take the first and the youth. 2 way go trades like this in a rebuild are smart moves.
Exactly!

Nothing really to add!
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:06 am

Jrblaha wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:51 am Don’t hate it, but have you shopped Andrews to see if anyone else offers better?
For sure. Got some real jokes from a couple owners. Best offer I got was Dulcich, a mid 24 2nd and mid 25 2nd
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:08 am

yinzername wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:06 am
Jrblaha wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:51 am Don’t hate it, but have you shopped Andrews to see if anyone else offers better?
For sure. Got some real jokes from a couple owners. Best offer I got was Dulcich, a mid 24 2nd and mid 25 2nd
Also got Musgrave, Kraft and a 25 late 1st offered
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:28 am

Man. I love Kincaid but this is still hard for me. I suppose if I’m In a complete rebuild I do it. Still feels like I should get more? You take what you can get I suppose (we all say what someone’s value is, but in an actual league it isn’t always so simple).

Maybe I’d want an upside player too. Michael Wilson comes to mind.

yinzername
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby yinzername » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:50 am

Lumps wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:28 am

Man. I love Kincaid but this is still hard for me. I suppose if I’m In a complete rebuild I do it. Still feels like I should get more? You take what you can get I suppose (we all say what someone’s value is, but in an actual league it isn’t always so simple).

Maybe I’d want an upside player too. Michael Wilson comes to mind.
Yeah the league in question (team in sig) is pretty miserly. There’s a lot of over valuing of assets as well as serious trader haterism. My league mates are way too scared of losing a trade in the eyes of the league, the bashing has made everyone gun shy and inflated values
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

2nd year DFF
SF - PPR - 12t - start10

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:24 am

Selling andrews for Kincaid and a 24 First is certainly a reasonable trade, but idk if it’s a no-brainer. He’s not that old (especially with how gracefully TEs can age).

I would hold him and wait until he has one or two blowup games, you should absolutely be able to sell for more in-season. It’s not like he’s Keenan Allen or Hopkins, someone whose fantasy relevant window is drawing to a close.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:09 pm

Lamar was on pace for 4,100 yards in 2021 and I'd expect them to pass a lot more with the move to Todd Monken and the drafting of Zay Flowers this year.

He's had injury issues for sure but the Ravens also have one of the best backup QBs in the NFL in Tyler Huntley who zeroes in on the TE position.

TEs are just such a crap shoot and very few have the potential to put out a 1,000+ yard season even if they do "hit".

Even in a rebuild I'd need more and I actually really like Kincaid.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:54 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:24 am Selling andrews for Kincaid and a 24 First is certainly a reasonable trade, but idk if it’s a no-brainer. He’s not that old (especially with how gracefully TEs can age).

I would hold him and wait until he has one or two blowup games, you should absolutely be able to sell for more in-season. It’s not like he’s Keenan Allen or Hopkins, someone whose fantasy relevant window is drawing to a close.
He could suffer a major injury, though. Then what would you get for your rebuild? IDK, in a rebuild I think you take the offer that insulates value and gives you 2 good assets and makes your team younger. It's a safe 2 way go, I think in a rebuild, I would be fine making this trade.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:33 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:54 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:24 am Selling andrews for Kincaid and a 24 First is certainly a reasonable trade, but idk if it’s a no-brainer. He’s not that old (especially with how gracefully TEs can age).

He could suffer a major injury, though. Then what would you get for your rebuild? IDK, in a rebuild I think you take the offer that insulates value and gives you 2 good assets and makes your team younger. It's a safe 2 way go, I think in a rebuild, I would be fine making this trade.
If Andrews suffered a torn ACL tomorrow, he’s still worth more than Kincaid

A 1st more? Probably not. But seriously, let’s say Monday he tears his ACL

If I’m a Kincaid owner, and not contending, I’d pay Kincaid plus a 2nd HAPPILY if I ended up with Andrews (IMO) and that’s even if Andrews was guaranteed to miss a year.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:41 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:33 pm

If Andrews suffered a torn ACL tomorrow, he’s still worth more than Kincaid

A 1st more? Probably not. But seriously, let’s say Monday he tears his ACL

If I’m a Kincaid owner, and not contending, I’d pay Kincaid plus a 2nd HAPPILY if I ended up with Andrews (IMO) and that’s even if Andrews was guaranteed to miss a year.
I wouldn't pay for Andrews if not contending. Feel free to disagree, but a rebuild I'm taking Kincaid and the first, it locks in value in 2 ways for a team that Andrews isn't helping.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:41 am

He could suffer a major injury, though.
You could say the same about any player though, it's a pretty pointless argument

Menace2010
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Menace2010 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:54 am

My issue is that this offer will still be on the table a month into the season and I'd imagine you could extract more value. Rookie TEs start slow. If I'm a contender and seeing Andrews produce in your line-up and my hyped rookie TE still split time with Knox, I'd likely increase my offer by at least another descent bench player or a 2nd.