Dalton Kincaid - TE - Buffalo Bills

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Dalton Kincaid - TE - Buffalo Bills

Postby Lumps » Sat May 13, 2023 8:16 am

Surprised to see that he does not have his own thread yet.

So this is my flag plant and I put my money (picks/players) where my mouth is: Sent a future 1st (I traded AJ Dillon for this) and a future devy 1st for the 1.2 in a 3way deal in my league to take him. This is in a 1.5 TEP.

He looked elite this past year in college. Wife is a USC grad, so we watched that game live. If you haven't seen it, or just his catches in the game, it's must watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0EUKC1 ... tyFootball

His movement, YAC, and ability at the catch point reminds me of Kelce and I know how that sounds. But I'm not the only one that has said it, and it isn't just fantasy players. Some in the scouting space have said he was the best pass catcher in the draft. He has a 1.5% drop rate. He said himself he has never fumbled - I have not verified that. 10 1/4" hands.

We don't have combine #s for him, which I think is why some dynasty managers are hesitant to accept/boost him (even though he's already highly regarded) but his tape shows he's plenty athletic. He stated he would have ran in the 4.5s - which obviously isn't the same as us having 4.5s proof from the combine.

He is an older prospect, but I think this matters very little for TEs. 1) They don't tend to show out well in the NFL until a couple years later (so what does it matter if he spent that time in college?) 2) TEs have a long shelf life. One of the reasons he spent more time in college is he only played 1 year of high school football because.... he was mainly a basketball player (we love that for TEs). Because he only played 1 year in HS, he went to San Diego instead of a major school. While there:

AP and Hero Sports All-American in 2019.
All-conference second-team honors as a sophomore.
44 receptions for 835 yards and eight touchdowns in 2019.
Led all FCS tight ends in yards per catch in 2019 (18.98), ranking second among FCS tight ends in receiving yards (835) and receiving yards per game (69.6).

Buffalo loves him and did not imagine he would have dropped to where they could trade up for him. There should be no confusion about how they will use him, he will be a WR in a TE body. He will be used like Kelce. They lost Beasley and had no underneath player last year.

Finally, we have all been enamored by TEs in the draft and burned by low or simply just average production. However, the best TEs have ALWAYS been tied to an elite QB. The ones that have failed to live up to expectations did not have one. Dalton has one. Be excited and spend up now while you can to get him.
Last edited by Lumps on Sat May 13, 2023 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Dalton Kincaid - TE - Buffalo Bills

Postby Ice » Sat May 13, 2023 9:26 am

He has a chance to be special. When he is good he is very good.

The one concern is he only had 3 games at 7 receptions or better. 16,11,7

I agree he will be used as a Big Slot type player. He does flash but blocking is a weak link.

I have a first round fantasy grade on him. I like him better than all but JSN on upside as a receiver in ppr leagues.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 13, 2023 9:51 am

I like him, but he went 6-10 picks ahead of every other TE in my TE premium drafts, and I prefer a couple of the other TE's, cost adjusted.

He certainly has a good landing spot. I think he can be a good NFL TE, as a pass catcher.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 13, 2023 10:12 am

Pie in the sky Kelce comparisons aside, he's a very good receiver and everything Buffalo has said so far has indicated they're going to blur the lines of 11 and 12 sets with him as the slot WR.

I still hesitate though to take any TE regardless of designation that high, but he has a believable path to being the secondary receiver in this offense and giving Allen some more high percentage routes.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 13, 2023 10:27 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:12 am Pie in the sky Kelce comparisons aside, he's a very good receiver and everything Buffalo has said so far has indicated they're going to blur the lines of 11 and 12 sets with him as the slot WR.

I still hesitate though to take any TE regardless of designation that high, but he has a believable path to being the secondary receiver in this offense and giving Allen some more high percentage routes.
I am always hesitant about what teams say at this time of year. CJ Spiller is still waiting to puke, somewhere.

I'm sure they will line him up in the slot, like so many NFL teams do with TE's now, but I don't think he's going to be their starting slot receiver or anything. He wasn't drafted to block, I will say that. I'm sure he will, but that's not the main objective for taking him. I think between he, and Shakir, developing in year 2, the Bills will have much better target options over the middle of the field for Allen, which was an issue last year.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat May 13, 2023 10:32 am

It’s a lot of projecting forward with him and trusting the nfl industrial scouting complex. I watched all the game cutups on YouTube and it’s really not clear how athletic he is or how good he is at running routes. He wasn’t asked to do a whole lot, at least in the game cutups I could find. No combine is scary because athleticism is incredibly important for TE’s. That said, I took him at 1.06 in my 2ppr TE premium league because he doesn’t have to be amazing for it to pay off in that format. He does have the key indicators you look for in collegiate production, good catch %, high td %, and even an excellent pff grade, not to mention the great landing spot and draft capital.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat May 13, 2023 10:38 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:27 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:12 am Pie in the sky Kelce comparisons aside, he's a very good receiver and everything Buffalo has said so far has indicated they're going to blur the lines of 11 and 12 sets with him as the slot WR.

I am always hesitant about what teams say at this time of year. CJ Spiller is still waiting to puke, somewhere.

I'm sure they will line him up in the slot, like so many NFL teams do with TE's now, but I don't think he's going to be their starting slot receiver or anything. He wasn't drafted to block, I will say that. I'm sure he will, but that's not the main objective for taking him. I think between he, and Shakir, developing in year 2, the Bills will have much better target options over the middle of the field for Allen, which was an issue last year.
Yeah, I get it. But there's a big difference between "we're going to run him until he vomits" and a thorough explanation of the role they want him to play that's also backed up statistically with existing play style.

He's not Kelce, but I can see a little bit of Ertz.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sat May 13, 2023 8:38 pm

I am a fan of Kincaid, drafted him at 1.10 in 12 team SF TEP league, and traded for him in another TEP league.
Some have taken the hype too far though, IMO.
I saw him go at 1.07 in a non-TEP SF league, that felt like a reach to me.

My trade was Javonte + a 24 3rd for Kincaid + a 24 2nd.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat May 13, 2023 8:48 pm

MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:38 pm I am a fan of Kincaid, drafted him at 1.10 in 12 team SF TEP league, and traded for him in another TEP league.

Wow. The way people are still valuing Javonte is bizarre, to me. Can't believe you got a pick upgrade, too. Well done.

MacDaddy123
MVP
MVP

Postby MacDaddy123 » Sun May 14, 2023 8:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:48 pm
MacDaddy123 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:38 pm I am a fan of Kincaid, drafted him at 1.10 in 12 team SF TEP league, and traded for him in another TEP league.

Wow. The way people are still valuing Javonte is bizarre, to me. Can't believe you got a pick upgrade, too. Well done.
Well, the guy who I got Kincaid from was desperate at RB.
He had Kelce and Gesicki on top of Kincaid, but at RB, he has Monty as his RB1, and only JaMycal Hasty and Deuce Vaughn to battle for the RB2 slot.

He went into league chat and said he is looking for a RB, so I made him an offer, he accepted.
Kmet/Chiggy were my top TE's, so it was a trade that helped both teams, IMO.

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Mon May 15, 2023 7:05 am

The HYPE is at all time record levels!!
Just went 1.3, in 1.5 TEP. Not 1.75, not 2, but 1.5 TEP. No TEP on TDs either.
Crazy.

https://www42.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... 61101&O=17
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon May 15, 2023 7:21 am

I can’t figure out how to rank him. I’ll likely be picking between Kincaid/Addison/Levis in sf tep.

Addison is growing on me. Levis is could climb in value or atleast hold it if I want to flip him. Kincaid is such a dart throw.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Mon May 15, 2023 7:40 am

JTLoh wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:05 am The HYPE is at all time record levels!!
Crazy.

This is some nonsense. Is this SF or... Young is up there... :lol: Don't think there is really anything conclusive to take away from this draft. :lol:

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Mon May 15, 2023 7:57 am

Lumps wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:40 am
Crazy.

This is some nonsense. Is this SF or... Young is up there... :lol: Don't think there is really anything conclusive to take away from this draft. :lol:
It's SF
It is start 2 TE I guess.
But they just going insane for TEs.

1.3 Kincaid
1.8 LaPorta
1.9 Mayer
1.12 Musgrave
2.4 Schoonmaker

Was hoping to sneak E.Higgins in the 4th, but I better trade up to 2.8 if I want him.
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon May 15, 2023 8:41 am

Crazy.

This league seems to over value the TE posiitions as a whole, based on the first 16 picks or so. Take note, and take advantage. 1.5 TEP I don't even consider a real premium. It's not enough to play TE's over another position in the flex, unless you have say Kelce, and Andrews on the same team.