Deep Sleeper Rookie RBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Deep Sleeper Rookie RBs

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 11, 2023 2:26 pm

Do any of these guys do ANYTHING for you as WW grabs?

Chris Rodriguez WAS - grinder, handcuff to Robinson
Kenny McIntosh SEA - RB4 really buried
Mohamid Ibrahim DET - productive in college, buried
Keaton Mitchell BAL - some good hype on him
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Deep Sleeper Rookie RBs

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu May 11, 2023 3:10 pm

League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 11, 2023 3:39 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:10 pm Here you go- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=235160
Thanks. I'll scoot over there and see if I can connect any of the dots. These are guys that are on the WW in a few of my leagues.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 11, 2023 6:02 pm

Rodriguez of the list above.

I have the other 3 as DEEP sleepers but they need a lot to go right for them. Mitchell might make the team as a special teamer if he can beat out Justice Hill. Ibrahim had some crazy production but he's already 24 and doesn't impress me as a runner. McIntosh doesn't cut it for me from an athletic standpoint

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 11, 2023 6:13 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:02 pm Rodriguez of the list above.

I have the other 3 as DEEP sleepers but they need a lot to go right for them. Mitchell might make the team as a special teamer if he can beat out Justice Hill. Ibrahim had some crazy production but he's already 24 and doesn't impress me as a runner. McIntosh doesn't cut it for me from an athletic standpoint
Awesome. Thank you for the comments. This is exactly what I was looking for. Can you tell me more about why you like Rodriguez?
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu May 11, 2023 6:30 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:13 pm

Awesome. Thank you for the comments. This is exactly what I was looking for. Can you tell me more about why you like Rodriguez?
Decent speed/size. Good production for an SEC RB, though most of it came when he was a bit older. 2 down grinder with a decent one cut and go. Can work in traffic. I think he could catch some passes if asked to (wouldn't count on it). Was a little confused since they sunk higher capital into BROB last year before grabbing C Rod this year. So I don't see a clear path here either.

Now, he's still a 6th rounder and in my rookie RB13-17 range, so I'm not crazy high on him. I would guess he goes around the 4th-5th round or so most drafts.

And I did just read some interesting red flags on his wiki so maybe he should be WW fodder lol

"In May 2022, Rodriguez was arrested by a campus police officer and charged with driving under the influence (DUI) and careless driving.[9] He pleaded guilty in July and was fined US$200 and had his driver's license revoked for six months.[10] Rodriguez was later accused of filing inaccurate time cards while working part-time at UK HealthCare and was suspended for the first four games of the 2022 season for both incidents."

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:04 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:30 pm

Decent speed/size. Good production for an SEC RB, though most of it came when he was a bit older. 2 down grinder with a decent one cut and go. Can work in traffic. I think he could catch some passes if asked to (wouldn't count on it). Was a little confused since they sunk higher capital into BROB last year before grabbing C Rod this year. So I don't see a clear path here either.

Now, he's still a 6th rounder and in my rookie RB13-17 range, so I'm not crazy high on him. I would guess he goes around the 4th-5th round or so most drafts.

And I did just read some interesting red flags on his wiki so maybe he should be WW fodder lol

"In May 2022, Rodriguez was arrested by a campus police officer and charged with driving under the influence (DUI) and careless driving.[9] He pleaded guilty in July and was fined US$200 and had his driver's license revoked for six months.[10] Rodriguez was later accused of filing inaccurate time cards while working part-time at UK HealthCare and was suspended for the first four games of the 2022 season for both incidents."
Thanks. I'm seeing a wide range of responses to these WW guys, so I was curious why you liked him. Much appreciation.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 12, 2023 7:26 pm

I’ll throw a name out there that I haven’t seen on these boards yet - Cam Peoples, UDFA RB in CAR.out of App St.

He’s 6-1” 217 lbs. Looked very good in all 3 games against power 5 schools including his pivotal play in Appalachian St’s upset at Texas A&M. Runs hard inside but with patience and vision, great contact balance and tackle breaking ability. Has a nose for the end zone. Very solid in pass protection. Receiving ability is almost an unknown because he wasn’t used that way in college but showed signs of competence. Low agility score but very good burst score. Ran a 4.61 40, but that still puts him at a 96.1 speed score given his size - but in pads he plays faster than that, watch his tape. Can get to the edge and turn upfield. He also looked good at Senior Bowl practices and ripped off a 17 yd gain in the game. Carries himself a bit high, not unusual for a bigger RB.

There’s opportunity in CAR. Miles Sanders is there, but he gets hurt often enough. Chuba Hubbard is also there but is a very different back than him and only looked much better last year than his rookie year because they halved his workload, both running and receiving. After that there really isn’t much else.

Looked very good against A&M, UNC and Miami as well as App St’s bowl games including torching North Texas for 317 yds and 5 TDs on 22 carries. He’s 23 yrs old but when you can get him as your last pick in your FF draft (got him B2B with Lew Nichols in the 8th round tonight) or as a minimum bid FA, it’s a great dart throw IMO.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 12, 2023 7:49 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 7:26 pm I’ll throw a name out there that I haven’t seen on these boards yet - Cam Peoples, UDFA RB in CAR.out of App St.

He’s 6-1” 217 lbs. Looked very good in all 3 games against power 5 schools including his pivotal play in Appalachian St’s upset at Texas A&M. Runs hard inside but with patience and vision, great contact balance and tackle breaking ability. Has a nose for the end zone. Very solid in pass protection. Receiving ability is almost an unknown because he wasn’t used that way in college but showed signs of competence. Low agility score but very good burst score. Ran a 4.61 40, but that still puts him at a 96.1 speed score given his size - but in pads he plays faster than that, watch his tape. Can get to the edge and turn upfield. He also looked good at Senior Bowl practices and ripped off a 17 yd gain in the game. Carries himself a bit high, not unusual for a bigger RB.

There’s opportunity in CAR. Miles Sanders is there, but he gets hurt often enough. Chuba Hubbard is also there but is a very different back than him and only looked much better last year than his rookie year because they halved his workload, both running and receiving. After that there really isn’t much else.

Looked very good against A&M, UNC and Miami as well as App St’s bowl games including torching North Texas for 317 yds and 5 TDs on 22 carries. He’s 23 yrs old but when you can get him as your last pick in your FF draft (got him B2B with Lew Nichols in the 8th round tonight) or as a minimum bid FA, it’s a great dart throw IMO.
Nice. Thanks.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri May 12, 2023 7:50 pm

Funny you mention Peoples... he's the other RB in my deep sleeper tier with the other 3 mentioned in the OP haha could be a good early down back but seems like a negative in the passing game

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri May 12, 2023 8:00 pm

I’m not crazy about Rodriguez, but it’s only because he has so much in common with Robinson. If Robinson were to go down I think Rodriguez could probably step right in for him without missing a beat, but until then you’ve got two guys who pretty much serve the same purpose with very similar skill sets. That said, if he can unseat Rivera’s pet Robinson there might be some value there.

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Fri May 12, 2023 8:33 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:00 pm

I’m not crazy about Rodriguez, but it’s only because he has so much in common with Robinson. If Robinson were to go down I think Rodriguez could probably step right in for him without missing a beat, but until then you’ve got two guys who pretty much serve the same purpose with very similar skill sets. That said, if he can unseat Rivera’s pet Robinson there might be some value there.
Thanks.
D3:

D4:

Superflex 1:

Superflex 2:

Cherokee
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Cherokee » Sun May 14, 2023 4:23 am

I added Khalan Laborn to my taxi squad as soon as I saw the 9ers sign him. They have shown a couple things
-they run their backs into the ground
-that they'll give anyone reps
Leborn could possible make TDP a cut and Mason is a hard nosed runner that will make the team, have a role but never give them that big play.
Leborn could be PracSquad4Life or could just as easily be in Mitchell's role as early as this season.

I also dig Lew Nichols lll. I see exactly what I saw in Aaron Jones back in 2016-17. He was almost always the best player on the field in any given game and just a very natural, smart all-around RB.
12 Team 1QB IDP Full PPR Start 8
QB- Kenny Pickett, Jake Haener, Clayton Tune
RB- Jerrick McKinnon, Elijah Mitchell, Gus Edwards, Kenneth Gainwell, TDP, Jordan Mason
WR- Rondale Moore, Drake London, Jordan Addison, Terrence Marshall , Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Mecole Hardman, Rashid Shaheed, David Bell
TE- Michael Mayer, Likely, Chig, Cade Otten
LB- Jewell, Deablo, Troy Anderson
DE- Phillips, Highsmith
DB- Brisker, Hufanga, Cine
Taxi Squad: Chase Brown, A.T. Perry, Keaton Mitchell, Khalan Laborn, Lew Nichols lll

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun May 14, 2023 6:13 am

Cherokee wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:23 am I added Khalan Laborn to my taxi squad as soon as I saw the 9ers sign him. They have shown a couple things
Leborn could possible make TDP a cut and Mason is a hard nosed runner that will make the team, have a role but never give them that big play.
Leborn could be PracSquad4Life or could just as easily be in Mitchell's role as early as this season.

I also dig Lew Nichols lll. I see exactly what I saw in Aaron Jones back in 2016-17. He was almost always the best player on the field in any given game and just a very natural, smart all-around RB.
I like Nichols a bit too. Comparing my ranks to consensus, I'd say he and Prince are my top ranked sleepers. I would say McBride too, but he's rookie RB13 on KTC so seems like he's already going fairly high. I'd prefer Hull or even taking a flier on Tucker in that range

j4pac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby j4pac » Sun May 14, 2023 6:36 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:13 am
Cherokee wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:23 am I added Khalan Laborn to my taxi squad as soon as I saw the 9ers sign him. They have shown a couple things

I like Nichols a bit too. Comparing my ranks to consensus, I'd say he and Prince are my top ranked sleepers. I would say McBride too, but he's rookie RB13 on KTC so seems like he's already going fairly high. I'd prefer Hull or even taking a flier on Tucker in that range
Add me to the Nichols fandom. But he has to make the team. It’s going to take any injury for him to do anything this season
SF, PPR, 12 team, 12 player dynasty

QB- Lawrence, Fields, Tannehill (max 2 keepers, 3 rostered)
RB- Bijan Robinson, T Pollard, Allgeier, Charbonnet, Achane, J Wilson, Kelley, K Williams
WR- Lamb, Jeudy, Hill, C Olave, A Pierce, Shaheed, Bourne
TE- Goedert, Musgrave