What are people doing with Justin Fields, buying or selling?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: What are people doing with Justin Fields, buying or selling?

Postby Sriracha » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:01 pm

j4pac wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:59 pm
frerichs5 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:47 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:15 pm

He basically wants to just 1 read and then run. Fair enough, he can put up fantasy points doing that, but he’ll never be any good that way. This is scary news if you are a Fields fan bc he’s flat out saying he literally isn’t capable of improving.
That’s how I read this too. Revert to last year. Screw the pass unless it’s wide open and just run.
That has been the recipe for most running QBs, and it works to a degree. He has a better supporting cast than last year…so there is no reason for him to be worse unless the coaching is hurting him.
There's an entire season of film for NFL Defenses to pick up tendencies and dissect what works vs him and what doesn't.

Most rushing QBs success is short lived. We've seen massive dips in rushing efficiency in Lamar recently and Kaepernick earlier. Not really all that surprising that Fields rushing efficiency also sees a dip after an historically strong rushing year.

We'll see if he can learn to get rid of the football.. otherwise his starting days will be short lived :thumbup:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:19 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:11 pm For everyone who thought that Justin Fields' was not processing his reads fast enough:

Bears QB Justin Fields: "I felt like I wasn't necessarily playing my game. I felt like I was robotic ... not playing like myself. My goal this week is to ... play football how I know how to play football. That includes thinking less and going out there and playing off instincts."

... and talking about thinking less and playing off instincts; when asked what was wrong with the offense, Field's replied, "coaching".
OK, and? I don't understand what this is suppose to prove, exactly. It's all going to be good now, is that it? There is close to an infinite amount of quotes like this from players at every position, after they lose and don't play well.

Fields isn't a good NFL QB. We have almost 30 starts of evidence of that. There's very little reason to think he ever will be an above average NFL QB unless something changes, drastically, and there are no signs of that to date, unless this quote is considered that.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:49 pm

I mean, he just needs to have an internal clock. IDK how long that is...one second, two seconds, three seconds...but whatever that number is, if nobody is open, throw it away.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:00 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:49 pm I mean, he just needs to have an internal clock. IDK how long that is...one second, two seconds, three seconds...but whatever that number is, if nobody is open, throw it away.
:lol:

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:02 pm

wickerkat1212 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:49 pm I mean, he just needs to have an internal clock. IDK how long that is...one second, two seconds, three seconds...but whatever that number is, if nobody is open, throw it away.
I have a theory. He has an internal clock, but also an internal voice. He's counting in "Mississippi's", but his internal voice happens to have a stutter.

Farley
Captain
Captain

Postby Farley » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:04 pm

Maybe they can replace the center with the long snapper. Have him just snap the ball out of bounds every time. Cut out the middle man.

81-
Captain
Captain

Postby 81- » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:21 pm

I'm moving him to half back and treating him like Gayle sayers
12 Team, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex, D, K, 10 Bench
1PPR, 0.5 point per carry.
Burrow, Richardson
AJ Brown, DJMoore, G Wilson, T Higgens, Sutton, Tillman, Melton
King Henry, Bijan, Pacheco, Mixon, Ford, JK
Hockenson, Musgrave
Random Kicker
Niners

Picks in 2024 - #15, #22, #23, #27

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:35 pm

81- wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:21 pm I'm moving him to half back and treating him like Gayle sayers
Why not try and "revolutionize" the league? I've often thought about this. Why not do that? Have a running QB that's (maybe) a better thrower than Taysom Hill, and a good QB, one that can pass, under center. All kinds of fun stuff you could do. :lol:

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:35 pm
81- wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:21 pm I'm moving him to half back and treating him like Gayle sayers
Why not try and "revolutionize" the league? I've often thought about this. Why not do that? Have a running QB that's (maybe) a better thrower than Taysom Hill, and a good QB, one that can pass, under center. All kinds of fun stuff you could do. :lol:
All wildcat, all the time. Just like the 2008 Dolphins.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:00 am

Looks like we are about to see more fantasy production from Fields while he stops trying to be a QB and just play football.

"But he literally set NFL records last year" was my favorite argument of the off-season.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:05 am

So what are people doing with Fields now? Seems like a sell low if I've ever seen one. Probably puts up points this year but how long is he a starter in the league past this year?

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:32 am

I think it depends on your appetite for risk. Just about everyone is out on Fields at this point so you're probably not getting great value, but if you think he's heading to zero then get what you can. You could also try waiting for one or two big fantasy performances with his legs and selling then.

On the other hand I find it very hard to believe he won't be a starting QB somewhere in 2024. He still has a ceiling if some things could be fixed. He's been bad, but literally everything is bad in Chicago.

I'm pretty tired of all the Fields discourse, but he's also one of the most interesting dynasty assets at the moment given the extremely wide range of outcomes.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:33 am

I'd much rather buy low on Kyler Murray for cheaper.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:21 am

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:33 am I'd much rather buy low on Kyler Murray for cheaper.
Read this, and thought, "Yeah, that makes a heck of a lot more sense."
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

timeEd32
Role Player
Role Player

Postby timeEd32 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:35 am

CGW wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:33 am I'd much rather buy low on Kyler Murray for cheaper.
He's been the best buy in the world for a long time now.